Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
qkumba said:
Yeah, sorry about bringing it up!

It makes sense to conclude that the writer of this section was the same author as the author of Samuel, since the passage was evidently circulating as part of the "biblical" manuscript of Samuel before any error in copying was made.
LOL! No problem....

Your explanation makes sense to me though I admit that OT textual differences are not my strong suit. I've studied more NT in that regard.

Regardless, this is not a major point of doctrine.

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Considering that the Qumran scrolls are about 1000 years older than the Masoretic Text, I would consider them valuable resources for the text of the OT. They often agree with the Septuagint, which is the Greek Old Testament contemporary with the time of the Qumran Scrolls.

There are still passages we still can't figure out such as 1 Sam 13:1. no one agrees what it should say there. Why? Because the Hebrew text literally says "Saul was one year old when he began to reign and he reigned 2 years."

Upvote 0

qkumba

Feb 24, 2004
✟15,246.00
Faith
Christian
Mr.Cheese said:
There are still passages we still can't figure out such as 1 Sam 13:1. no one agrees what it should say there. Why? Because the Hebrew text literally says "Saul was one year old when he began to reign and he reigned 2 years."

The Septuagint is lacking the whole verse, meanwhile the Hebrew text actually lacks the number.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.