Does The Father And Son Have Separate Life Experiences And Feelings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
The following illustration given by Jesus is obviously about Jehovah God,his servants, and Jesus himself:

Matthew 21:33-41:

33 "Hear another illustration: There was a man, a householder, who planted a vineyard and put a fence around it and dug a winepress in it and erected a tower, and let it out to cultivators, and traveled abroad. 34 When the season of the fruits came around, he dispatched his slaves to the cultivators to get his fruits. 35 However, the cultivators took his slaves, and one they beat up, another they killed, another they stoned. 36 Again he dispatched other slaves, more than the first, but they did the same to these. 37 Lastly he dispatched his son to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' 38 On seeing the son the cultivators said among themselves, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him and get his inheritance!' 39 So they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. 40 Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those cultivators?" 41 They said to him: "Because they are evil, he will bring an evil destruction upon them and will let out the vineyard to other cultivators, who will render him the fruits when they become due."

Does it not indicate that the Father and Son are two separate individuals? Separate lives, separate authorities, separate positions, separate life experiences, separate feelings?

And is not this illustration more or less based upon reality?

Even children can understand that the Father is a different person from his son.

blessedbe

Learning everyday!
Feb 21, 2004
Ohio
✟8,464.00
Faith
Calvinist
They said to him: "Because they are evil, he will bring an evil destruction upon them and will let out the vineyard to other cultivators, who will render him the fruits when they become due."

Do you think he's talking about taking the word to the Gentiles here? Since the Jews did not receive him?

Anyway, it's a great parable, but I'm not sure it proves that they are separate in the since that you believe they are separate. Most christian believe that God, Son, and Holy Spirit are totally separate enitities, yet still one. So it's kind of a weak argument. I don't suppose I'm a "classic" trinitarian myself, but I firmly believe that Jesus was more than mere man, and I cannot understand how you get that he is Michael(we've been all over it so let's not start that again), so I'm still delving into this one. I reject the oneness theory also, that makes even less sense to me. It's an ongoing search.....

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus wept. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit. The Father cares. I believe Father, Son, and Holy Spirit care.

We pray, "Give us this day our daily bread."

And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. (Luke 12:22-30)

Jesus said, “I am the bread of life.” Jesus said, "Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you..." John 6:27 (NKJ) Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me." Jesus is life! He is living water.
"Jesus said; If thou knewest the Gift of God, & who it is that Sayeth to Thee, Give me to drink, thou wouldest have asked of Him, & He would have given You Living Water." (John 4:10)
"Whosoever drinketh of the Water that I Shall Give him Shall Never Thirst, but the Water that I Shall Give him, shall be in him a Well of Water Springing up into Everlasting Life." (John 4:14)

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are One God. The distinctions that you see are referred to as Persons because we don't have adequate language to describe our unique God.

God became flesh and dwelt among us. But not everyone believed.

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
It is obvious from the illustration that owner of the vineyard is Jehovah. And that his son that was killed was Jesus.

The point of this thread is that Jehovah and Jesus are not one in the same. They are a Father and Son. The Father suffered a terrible loss of his son. Thus he experienced feelings that the son did not. And Jesus experienced the feelings of being killed. They will never have experienced the same feelings.

True, they are united, you could even say they are one....just as husband and wife are one. A father and son are also usually united, but they are not the same person as they share different experiences.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.