Visit site
✟7,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let me start by saying that I have no intention of commiting suicide. A couple months ago, my mom mentioned to me that she was tired of life and wanted peace. She wanted to end it all. Long story short, she didn't which is great. That's not however the first time someone has told me they were contemplating suicide. Considering it's something a lot of people struggle with, I'd be surprised if the Bible didn't have something to say on the matter.

TigerKanga

Nov 3, 2010
✟854.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think Judas who betrayed Jesus killed himself. Samson did too. Jesus sort of did by not running away when he could have but he was a sacrifice to God from God so that is a special situation.

I think everyone gets tired every now and then. Most people get over it but some people get sick or are in pain and it won't get better and their wanting to die seems reasonable. I don't know how God thinks of such things.

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I view life as having 3 purposes:

1. Worship God, accept His grace, repent, and release our sins to the redemptive power of the cross.

2. Work through our sanctification to learn about God, grow closer to Him, and become more like person God wants us to be

3. Love others through kindness, service, and spreading the word of God.

If you take your own life, you are not doing your part to complete God's plan for numbers 2 and 3. Life is both a test of our character and an opportunity to prepare for Heaven. Life is precious.

Finally, and most importantly, our lives do not belong to us. 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20:

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many times I asked Jesus inside my heart why we must fight Satan who wants to deceive and send us to his underworld of misery called hell .:*:. I cannot stop going to church and risk my own safety because, without Jesus, your life goes perfect without a hitch and then suddenly your life gets snuffed out like a blown light bulb .:*:. Still young enough I enjoy life by being healthy, such as eating blueberries with powerful antioxidants against cancer, and to be active in walking exercises around the public parks or shopping malls .:*:. Just wishing Jesus should hurry up his return now rather than later to prevent many Christians from pulling the plug (suicide) so that the transformation from our earthly bodies to bodies of Christ would bring joy instead of pain .:*:. Patience is something that many people don't have and I wonder why there are so many car accidents when anger can take control of your mind and let death knock on your door .:*:. I allow Jesus to be a huge spiritual giant in my life and not allow my personal problems become a serious there's no turning back pathway to hell .:*:.
:liturgy:
:cool:

Upvote 0

ServantJohn

Not quite a newbie...
Nov 9, 2010
✟12,108.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jonah wanted to die and asked for death. If he had felt it was ok to commit suicide, he may have done it. I think it is important to note that he didn't do it, he asked God for death. As for Samson, that was not suicide but recognizing that in his last victory over the Philistines, that he was going to lose his own life as well.

I'm not really sure how to see Judas' suicide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We must be still and know that He is God. He gives and takes away. If we commit suicide we play God taking away our own lives that only God has the right to take when He is done healing, blessing and using our lives. we miss out on the blessing that is to come if we end our lives. That life is not worth living, that things will not get better, that the pain will not heal is a lie from Hell. suicide solves nothing. Gods love for us does. We must fight these feelings. I had them too. I had to fight by staying in the word and staying open to Gods will. I had never even taken an advil and was afraid of antidepressants. I went on them, believing it was God's will and I am now a happy balanced person. I don't think I will need them forever, but for now they have allowed me to have meaningful life again. God has a happy ending for you, for all of us who belong to Him. Press on. You will be glad you did. For the Christian there is always a happy ending. "It is always to early to quit" (quote--Pastor LLoyd Pulley.)

Praying,
A

Upvote 0