Does satan have legal claim over a non believer ?

Mr Pickles

Feb 2, 2012
✟449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
We have laws rights we can claim if we know the law , know our rights .

there is maritime law, most of us are subjected to.

if you are aware of Common law, you can use the Law of the land, to over turn,

corporate law,

does satan have legal claim over a non believer, ?

those to who have rejected Jesus, and Gods price less Gift of salvation,

like wise does Jesus have legal claim over those who have repented, been baptist ed, and put their hope faith and trust in him,

and stand claim the word of God, and Gods promises.

As to we have been given Authority, knowing and under standing, what that Authority is, and how to use it, claim it, stand in it,

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"does satan have legal claim over a non believer, ? "

Sure - the "Lost" are his Servants - identified with him, and will perish with him when the time comes.

"like wise does Jesus have legal claim over those who have repented, been baptist ed, and put their hope faith and trust in him,"

Of copurse He "Bought us" and we are HIS legally.

"As to we have been given Authority, knowing and under standing, what that Authority is, and how to use it, claim it, stand in it,[/a]

"HAVING authority" under God is predicated in us BEING UNDER GOD'S AUTHORITY (remember the Centurion). And the MAJORITY of Christians have NO IDEA what their authority is - because they HAVE NONE - since they've never placed themselves UNDER Authority, and prefer to "do things their own way".

I'm the Chief Engineer for my company, and when I'm there I'm UNDER the company's authority. And as the result of my position in the company I HAVE Authority - and I KNOW what the extent of it is. And I know what is OUTSIDE my Authority.

Most Christians (including myself), however have NO CONCEPT of what "Authority" in the spiritual sense even is - but we continue to "Claim to have authority" that we don't really have every time we stick "In Jesus' Name (with the authority of Jesus)" on the end of a prayer.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Sure - the "Lost" are his Servants - identified with him, and will perish with him when the time comes.

"like wise does Jesus have legal claim over those who have repented, been baptist ed, and put their hope faith and trust in him,"

"As to we have been given Authority, knowing and under standing, what that Authority is, and how to use it, claim it, stand in it,[/a]

"HAVING authority" under God is predicated in us BEING UNDER GOD'S AUTHORITY (remember the Centurion). And the MAJORITY of Christians have NO IDEA what their authority is - because they HAVE NONE - since they've never placed themselves UNDER Authority, and prefer to "do things their own way".

I'm the Chief Engineer for my company, and when I'm there I'm UNDER the company's authority. And as the result of my position in the company I HAVE Authority - and I KNOW what the extent of it is. And I know what is OUTSIDE my Authority.

Most Christians (including myself), however have NO CONCEPT of what "Authority" in the spiritual sense even is - but we continue to "Claim to have authority" that we don't really have every time we stick "In Jesus' Name (with the authority of Jesus)" on the end of a prayer.

Sums it up well!

:)

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We have laws rights we can claim if we know the law , know our rights .

there is maritime law, most of us are subjected to.

if you are aware of Common law, you can use the Law of the land, to over turn,

corporate law,

those to who have rejected Jesus, and Gods price less Gift of salvation,

like wise does Jesus have legal claim over those who have repented, been baptist ed, and put their hope faith and trust in him,

and stand claim the word of God, and Gods promises.

As to we have been given Authority, knowing and under standing, what that Authority is, and how to use it, claim it, stand in it,

A non-believer disregards the law of Yah, thus gives himself over into the authority of the enemy to carry out the consequences according to Yah's law. The enemy realm is legalistic. If Yah pronounces a punishment for a violation of His commands, the enemy will gladly see that they get carried out.

Does a righteous non-believer that unknowingly has the law of Yah written on his heart fall under the authority of the enemy?

The authority of the enemy is limited to carrying out the law of Yah. One of his main tactics is to lead someone into error so he then has authority to bring about consequences for submitting to that error.

I saw this in my conflict against witchcraft. The coven couldn't get their major curses to effect my life. I had a hedge of protection. They then attempted many things to get me to fall into error so their curses would effect me by attempting to get that hedge of protection removed. They set trap after trap in an attempt to tempt me into error. While I had the Holy Spirit's guidance, I side-stepped all those traps without even knowing of their existence. I found out much later what they had been doing behind the scenes.

Without the Holy Spirit's guidance, it is far more likely that an individual will place themselves under the authority of the enemy. That does not imply that the enemy has authority over them from the start. Does an unsaved small child in a Christian household belong to the enemy until that child is saved?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not a matter of what is legal, as if the devil cares about what is legal. What we need to realize that the devil has a practical power over everyone if they do not act according to the word:

IF we fail to resist the devil, he will not flee from us:
James 4
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

IF we are not sober and vigilant, then we will be open to attack from the devil.
1 Peter 5
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Even Jesus was subject to the devil's attempts to make Him doubt. The Father spoke and said "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased..." Four verses later, Satan tempted Jesus to doubt what the Father said. "If you are the Son of God...."

This is one way the Devil works. He gets you to go back on what God said. "Hath God said..." is his favorite phrase.
Hath God said "you are saved?"
Hath God said "ye were healed?"
Hath God said "all the promises are yes and amen in Him?""
Hath God said "Jesus is both Lord and Christ?"
Hath God said "ye are complete in Him?"

On and on.

Using this method he has deceived millions. We see people on these forums who have been deceived in this very manner, and not only are they deceived, they attempt to get others to doubt what God said also.

Everyone is susceptible to the subtly of satan's lies... if you allow yourself to listen to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

mjere

Sep 20, 2012
New York, New York
✟7,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I agree.

A "lost person" is operating with a spirit that is compelled to yield to Satan, but it's ultimately their choice. I like your scenario with your job-

Your company cannot force you to lie to consumers. They present the option, and you choose because you like the benefits and the lifestyle that comes with working there. You can choose at any time to walk away, because in reality Satan's company really sucks, and is not worth it.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith

Your authority is inherent to who you are in Christ. When you were adopted into God's family, it's like being taken in by the wealthiest, most powerful person that exists. As a believer, you receive the Holy Spirit, and Satan and his army of devils and wicked spirits are absolutely terrified you'll find out who you are in Him.

Satan's army are pressed into service and they hate each other. The "higher ups" in the army of darkness, punish the lower devils for not making their assignments. Failure and all expressions of godly dominion, remind them of their defeated position and certain expectation of eternal judgment. They move in desperation from fear of retaliation from their own and from the force of God moving in resurrection power.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:12

Even a baby Christian has more authority than all the devils in Hell. They'll work hard to keep you from finding out about it, because that would only cause more problems and a greater fear.

Non believers haven't been delivered from the power of darkness, so as well meaning as they can be, their whole lives are subject to the rule of darkness and fear. (Many don't know the depth of the fear because the enemy lets many of them continue their harmless, godless lives, quietly going off to Hell in a basket.

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:12-13

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Matt 4:8-9

The devil has been running things here since Adam's fall. He had the authority given to him by the servants of sin (Satan). Everything is "fathered' and Satan is the father of the nature of all lies.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
John 8:34-36

Many believers still walk in fear and allow sin to have dominion over them, often through ignorance, or because the believer still loves some sin in their life, thus giving him access to afflict him.

Jesus spoiled the principalities and power and took the keys of Hell and death. Satan's dominion is no more, and his power broken, but God's dominion must be enforced on this earth.

Unbelievers must turn to Jesus and be "translated" into the light of God's kingdom.
Even if believers turn to sin, they need only repent and walk in the light and God stands behind them as they take up God's Word in His authority and run him off!

Until they change kingdoms, Satan has some measure of authority to afflict them. They would kill us all outirght, but they are only given some space to do what they do, somewhat based on ignorance and willful behavior. God allows blessing and cursing. It's all based on the authority of God's Word. The devil knows it well, except where it concerns him in the end (denying the reality of it). When you sin in an area, many will try to get God's permission to afflict you (often wanting to sift you as wheat).

it's important for us to pray for our unsaved family members, because their lives are dominated by the forces of darkness, and our prayers dramatically cause God to intervene on their behalf. Part of knowing that authority is walking in it, the knowledge of the truth setting us (and others) free.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is not a matter of what is legal, as if the devil cares about what is legal. What we need to realize that the devil has a practical power over everyone if they do not act according to the word:

Actually the enemy is very much a legalist. He only has power over those that violate Yah's law. He has to have the legal right to attack an individual.

Upvote 0