✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello married couples.

I am very curious. I have been divorced twice. (OK give me my 40 lashes quickly):)
Now that I am single again, I have noticed that many of my single Christian male friends are having a very difficult time finding a good Christian girlfriend. These men are GOOD MEN. One guy is a 45 year old virgin in CALIFORNIA of all places! I have a woman friend who is a single Christian woman of 43 years . She is a virgin and she tells ME that she cannot find any good Christian men . When I give her the names of my single friends,she tells me that they are BORING. It seems that a good Christian single man equals a BORING MAN. Now couples, IF any of you were NOT Christians when you married each other,I have a questions for the WIVES. Would you have picked your man if he WAS a Christian when you both were single?
Is this formula true? NM=BM

Where N=Nice, M= Man and B= BORING

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I think this is a bit too simplistic. I also believe that a lot of people are looking for the wrong things within a marriage...adding the adjective "Christian" doesn't change this.

What is "boring"? For me, it was men who enjoyed eating at fancy restaurants and going to the theatre (when I got off work, I wanted to be in tennis shoes). Those same guys would be exciting to another woman. Give me the man that is willing to stay home at night and just hang out together and an exciting weekend included camping or exploring a state park.

I found that "boring" man and spent 17 wonderful years with him. (He died.)

The truth is if you are looking to another person to make you happy, you are going to fail miserably. Happiness comes from inside and I believe it hinges on a real relationship from God. I don't believe looking for a mate or dating should be a social activity. Instead, I think that by engaging in social activities that you enjoy, you increase your chance of finding a good match naturally. Adding activities that serve others is an even better use of your time.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think this is a bit too simplistic. I also believe that a lot of people are looking for the wrong things within a marriage...adding the adjective "Christian" doesn't change this.

What is "boring"? For me, it was men who enjoyed eating at fancy restaurants and going to the theatre (when I got off work, I wanted to be in tennis shoes). Those same guys would be exciting to another woman. Give me the man that is willing to stay home at night and just hang out together and an exciting weekend included camping or exploring a state park.

I found that "boring" man and spent 17 wonderful years with him. (He died.)

The truth is if you are looking to another person to make you happy, you are going to fail miserably. Happiness comes from inside and I believe it hinges on a real relationship from God. I don't believe looking for a mate or dating should be a social activity. Instead, I think that by engaging in social activities that you enjoy, you increase your chance of finding a good match naturally. Adding activities that serve others is an even better use of your time.

First of all, I am sorry to read about your loss.

I agree about activties that serve others is the best "cure" for lonliness,especially during the holidays.

I was involved in my Drama Ministry at my church,hence my user name Exit Stage Right. I was working the day shift at a hospital,therefore, I could attend rehearsals from 7 to 10 pm. In the spring,I did plays for my church for Easter. I loved playing a Pharasee. It IS more fun playing the villian. During the holiday months, I was in our Christmas Productions.When I had to learn my songs and/or lines,I did not have time to be think about not having someone.

In 2009,I lost my job at the hospital. On Jaunaury 3,2011,I was hired on a new job. Even in this bad economy,it was easier for me to find a job than it was to find a girlfriend. :)

However,since I am a new employee, I have no choice but to work the pm shift which is from 2:00 pm to 10:30pm. That leaves little or no room for a social life. I cannot do any theater shows because rehearsals and performanaces are done in the evening hours. It is sad for me not to be in my church's Christmas Production this year. I get so much joy from singing praise and Christmas songs for three months out of the year.(Two months of rehearsals and one month of performaces). We do 7 performances. Our church's auditorium is shaped like a theater which holds 1,500 people. So,you see,I was doing something for others to keep me busy. I just hope that once I get senority,I can get on the day shift so I can do my Drama Ministry,which is my calling. :clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a woman friend who is a single Christian woman of 43 years . She is a virgin and she tells ME that she cannot find any good Christian men . When I give her the names of my single friends,she tells me that they are BORING. It seems that a good Christian single man equals a BORING MAN.

Maybe that's why she is still single at 43. Or maybe your friends are kind of boring. :)

Or maybe they just don't "click" with each other.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Theatre people are anything but "boring" in my opinion. I sit in awe of how much life they really do have. Same goes for working in a hospital. I'd guess that you just haven't met the right lady yet. I certainly don't have any answers for "how to find someone" but I also think it doesn't help to start make sweeping generalizations which make you appear cynical and less approachable.

There are plenty of women who work in a hospital ... even on that late night shift (that is the one I hope to eventually get). Be friendly in the break room..to everyone. Even if you befriend a married woman, chances are that she has single friends. Also, stop at a 24 hour dinner on your way home and I'm thinking that you might find women eating alone at that same hour.

I'll be praying that God shows you that perfect girl sometimes soon. ((Hugs))

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Theatre people are anything but "boring" in my opinion. I sit in awe of how much life they really do have. Same goes for working in a hospital. I'd guess that you just haven't met the right lady yet. I certainly don't have any answers for "how to find someone" but I also think it doesn't help to start make sweeping generalizations which make you appear cynical and less approachable.

There are plenty of women who work in a hospital ... even on that late night shift (that is the one I hope to eventually get). Be friendly in the break room..to everyone. Even if you befriend a married woman, chances are that she has single friends. Also, stop at a 24 hour dinner on your way home and I'm thinking that you might find women eating alone at that same hour.

I'll be praying that God shows you that perfect girl sometimes soon. ((Hugs))
I thank you very much for your encouragement. However, I am not looking for a "girl",since I am 57 years old. I like to talk to and to meet women my age. However,most of the single women my age are looking for younger men,or they are so burned out emotinally with their baggage from their past,that they are no longer interested in dating.MANY women my age tell me that they are no longer interested in men.

I did meet my first wife on the night shift at the Kern County Hospital in Bakersfield,California. I am a Clinical (Medical) Laboratory Scientist. Some women have told me not to tell a woman whom I have just met that I am a scientist,an actor,and a musician,because some women,with their many issues, may be intimidated by me being so multi-talented. As one Singles' Pastor once told me,"S....,you are an unusual man,and it will take an unusual woman to accept you."

You see,it is not hard for me to attract a woman. I just have a hard time attracting the kind of woman that I want. I want a sucessful, kind,sweet,inteligent,college educated woman, who has a lot going for herself, and who WANTS a man. I do not want to be a Sugar Daddy to a woman who NEEDS a man.

I DO enjoy my life and I thank GOD for that. I love to travel,as I have been on singles'cruises,and when I was married,my wife and I took cruises together,for a total of 16 cruises.Funny,I was in the U.S. Navy for six years,and I did not spend any time on a ship. Having someone to share my life with will be the "icing on the cake." Since I am a diabetic,having a sweetheart is the only "sweets" that I can ever have. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You are not looking in the right spot. All those 'women' who are "not interested" are not 'not interested in dating or men'...they are "not interested in being used or hurt again". It is time to quit searching for a sweetheart and just start establishing friendships and see what God can do. If they say they aren't interested in dating, believe them...however, you can still invite people to meet you for dinner 'so that you don't have to eat alone' or go to whatever 'so they you don't have to go alone'. Offer to pay but accept if they want to pay their own way without an argument (because that is what we do when we go out with friends). And be friends. That will help that empty spot.

Yes, these women may come with a lot of emotional baggage...you don't get to be over forty and alone without living some aspect of life that has hurt you deeply. It may be a failed relationship, or an unfruitful search for someone, or death of spouse....so it will take time, but when you are looking for a long-term relationship, it is best to establish it over time and from a friendship. Be patient and be a genuine friend. You may find women that make good friends but you wouldn't want to live with or women who you can't even do that ... but you may also meet a couple women who spark some life in you.

I am a 46 year old widow (of 3 years). I homeschool our two teenagers. I am currently going to school and will be starting my life as a new RN just before I turn 50. Yes, I will always love my husband but I have room in my life for someone else...but it is hard to imagine someone fitting in my very busy, complicated life. I have also been hurt very badly by the one attempt I made to date after my husband died. I wouldn't be surprised if I'd present myself as someone not interested because I am so busy trying to convince myself that I am "okay" being alone since that is what my fate probably will be.

I am sorry because I disagree with those that say don't tell about your talents. I'm assuming that you want an intellectual equal and not anyone who would be intimidated. I personally would find those things interesting and a reason to get to know you better and because you have a "real" life and wouldn't need me to be "your mother". A life with you as a friend could offer me new experiences.

I know what I said before about wanting a 'homebody'...because when I was young, I was tired of men who were so busy being ambitious for "the trappings of life" to prove how successful they were. I wanted to find a man who would value having a family enough to want to participate in that family. Now as my kids are getting older and won't be home so long, I am entering a different part of my life and would be interested in adding some new experiences to it. I am just saying this because I know I am not alone. And as a widow, I have met many women who are very much like me...whether they are divorced or widowed.

I look like a typical single mom. I don't spend much money on myself because I'd rather pay for things like my son's boy scouting activities and my daughter's figure skating lessons. So, I am probably less polished looking than I could. I spend my time either thinking about their school or mine so I might appear spaced-out at times. I may even look a bit tired because I have to do so much alone and don't sleep well. However, underneath that tired exterior is a women who has a medical engineering degree, devotedly cared for her husband through two bouts with cancer, has helped two children survive and grow after the death of their precious daddy, I am a teacher to two kids and carry a 4.0 at school myself. I struggle to dig up money to keep my daughter on the ice because that makes her joyful. I find the money to give my son opportunities that meet his need to be a man. I have to teach and model Christian life to both children. And I volunteer with several groups such as Cub Scouts and a Kids Community Service Club. I am going to be one of those women if asked would say, I'm not interested in dating. It would also be truthful because I don't have time to do anything as frivolous as "dating". I am interested in is finding friends (both sexes) who add to my life and would be very open to a male "friend" to spend the rest of my life with.

Don't give up. Look around at work with different eyes. Offer up friendship in places that you didn't invest as much time before. I think you might be surprised with what you find. Don't judge by outward appearances because there are a lot of very good brains in a hospital setting. I hope to find myself a mindless job soon to help supplement my limited income because it won't require me of me beyond showing up and doing my job. It will have nothing to do with what I am really capable of. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bright single women doing the very same thing because it is what we have to do to survive.

So maybe it is time to go fishing in another pond. The worse that happens is that you might add a few friends to your life while you are waiting to see what God has in mind for you.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You are not looking in the right spot. All those 'women' who are "not interested" are not 'not interested in dating or men'...they are "not interested in being used or hurt again". It is time to quit searching for a sweetheart and just start establishing friendships and see what God can do. If they say they aren't interested in dating, believe them...however, you can still invite people to meet you for dinner 'so that you don't have to eat alone' or go to whatever 'so they you don't have to go alone'. Offer to pay but accept if they want to pay their own way without an argument (because that is what we do when we go out with friends). And be friends. That will help that empty spot.

Yes, these women may come with a lot of emotional baggage...you don't get to be over forty and alone without living some aspect of life that has hurt you deeply. It may be a failed relationship, or an unfruitful search for someone, or death of spouse....so it will take time, but when you are looking for a long-term relationship, it is best to establish it over time and from a friendship. Be patient and be a genuine friend. You may find women that make good friends but you wouldn't want to live with or women who you can't even do that ... but you may also meet a couple women who spark some life in you.

I am a 46 year old widow (of 3 years). I homeschool our two teenagers. I am currently going to school and will be starting my life as a new RN just before I turn 50. Yes, I will always love my husband but I have room in my life for someone else...but it is hard to imagine someone fitting in my very busy, complicated life. I have also been hurt very badly by the one attempt I made to date after my husband died. I wouldn't be surprised if I'd present myself as someone not interested because I am so busy trying to convince myself that I am "okay" being alone since that is what my fate probably will be.

I am sorry because I disagree with those that say don't tell about your talents. I'm assuming that you want an intellectual equal and not anyone who would be intimidated. I personally would find those things interesting and a reason to get to know you better and because you have a "real" life and wouldn't need me to be "your mother". A life with you as a friend could offer me new experiences.

I know what I said before about wanting a 'homebody'...because when I was young, I was tired of men who were so busy being ambitious for "the trappings of life" to prove how successful they were. I wanted to find a man who would value having a family enough to want to participate in that family. Now as my kids are getting older and won't be home so long, I am entering a different part of my life and would be interested in adding some new experiences to it. I am just saying this because I know I am not alone. And as a widow, I have met many women who are very much like me...whether they are divorced or widowed.

I look like a typical single mom. I don't spend much money on myself because I'd rather pay for things like my son's boy scouting activities and my daughter's figure skating lessons. So, I am probably less polished looking than I could. I spend my time either thinking about their school or mine so I might appear spaced-out at times. I may even look a bit tired because I have to do so much alone and don't sleep well. However, underneath that tired exterior is a women who has a medical engineering degree, devotedly cared for her husband through two bouts with cancer, has helped two children survive and grow after the death of their precious daddy, I am a teacher to two kids and carry a 4.0 at school myself. I struggle to dig up money to keep my daughter on the ice because that makes her joyful. I find the money to give my son opportunities that meet his need to be a man. I have to teach and model Christian life to both children. And I volunteer with several groups such as Cub Scouts and a Kids Community Service Club. I am going to be one of those women if asked would say, I'm not interested in dating. It would also be truthful because I don't have time to do anything as frivolous as "dating". I am interested in is finding friends (both sexes) who add to my life and would be very open to a male "friend" to spend the rest of my life with.

Don't give up. Look around at work with different eyes. Offer up friendship in places that you didn't invest as much time before. I think you might be surprised with what you find. Don't judge by outward appearances because there are a lot of very good brains in a hospital setting. I hope to find myself a mindless job soon to help supplement my limited income because it won't require me of me beyond showing up and doing my job. It will have nothing to do with what I am really capable of. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bright single women doing the very same thing because it is what we have to do to survive.

So maybe it is time to go fishing in another pond. The worse that happens is that you might add a few friends to your life while you are waiting to see what God has in mind for you.

Good for you! You are doing something positive with your life. I have been hurt by the opposite sex,also. I have been burnt by so many women,my nickname should be "toast." :) However, I am like a boxer. After getting knocked down, I get right back up and I keep going. Yes, I HAVE tried fishing in "other ponds". When I was in the U.S. Navy, I only dated Black women. I turned down many white women when I was in my twenties. While I was in college,I started dating women of other races. In my science classes, I would be the only Black person in my class. Asian and White women have treated treat me the best throughout my adult life.

Yes, I have a full life.

Last Saturday,I met a lady at a Christian Singles' dance. She gave me her number and her e-mail address. I called her on Monday,no response. I e-mailed her on Tuesday. She has not returned my call or e-mail.That is the story of my life.She is an audiologist. I have asked out a pharmacist,a school teacher,a nurse,and another woman who has a lot going for herself. The same result happened. One time,on the way to Hawaii,I sat next to an educated and an attractive women. I asked her for her number. She said,"Why don't you give me your number and I will call you." Later on that night, I met a woman in a club. The woman at the club told me the SAME thing. The next day in Hawaii,guess who called me? Did the SMART lady call me? No,the lady at the club called me. When I picked her up for a date, she told me that she was SICK. I asked her what was wrong. She told me," I am a HEROIN addict!" You see,it seems that only the losers want me.

As they say in baseball,"There is always next year."

Tonight is just another cold winter night with no one to snuggle up to or to hold and to cuddle. I miss so much the soft,warm,and gentle touch of a woman. It seems the ONLY way that I can get a woman to touch me is to go to a massage parlour to get an one hour massage. I have heard so many women my age say that they do not want or need a man. I have NEVER heard a man my age say that he does not want or need a woman. So ,you,see,having a woman just as a friend, IS NOT ENOUGH! It is like when I need a cup of coffee,in order for me to keep awake,while driving 200 miles at night,and someone is offering me ONLY DE-CAFF coffee.! It just does not seem fair,does it? Well.....life is not fair. Jesus said that in this world,we would have troubles. He certainly was not lying.
progress.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0