• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Does "Jesus Come quickly" mean that we should hope to be dead soon?

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It triggers me real bad to read anything about hoping Jesus comes soon, bc, to be honest, it seems to mean that we Christians have a death wish!

Wishing or saying for Jesus to come soon sets me off down a tangent of thoughts and musings about leaving this earth, bc heaven is so much better.

I'm here to serve god on this planet, but so many hope and pray for Jesus return that it says to my heart and mind to commit suicide.

And so round and round I go, insomnia sets in and the struggle to battle off these thoughts drains my spirit and body.

Exhausted, I ask myself why am I still here?

Sometimes I wonder if there are actual bible verses I should avoid

bc bible verses are triggering!

Matthew 24 10

Feb 28, 2018
Warsaw
✟9,130.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No that means get your stuff together because he might come to take you to heaven . There are raptures in bible for example Eliah , same thing could happen to some Christians at appointed time but you most likelly are not familiar with it due to being Catholic because it's not found in catechism .

If you feel like commiting suicide then you do better check if you are in faith or not .

You need Holy Spirit to get into heaven , you get it by believing by faith that Christ died for ALL of you sins , was burried and God rose him from the dead the third day .

Read 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 , Ephesians 2:8-9 , Ephesians 1:13-14 , 1 Peter 1:8-9 , 1 Peter 1:18-19

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It triggers me real bad to read anything about hoping Jesus comes soon, bc, to be honest, it seems to mean that we Christians have a death wish!

Wishing or saying for Jesus to come soon sets me off down a tangent of thoughts and musings about leaving this earth, bc heaven is so much better.

I'm here to serve god on this planet, but so many hope and pray for Jesus return that it says to my heart and mind to commit suicide.

And so round and round I go, insomnia sets in and the struggle to battle off these thoughts drains my spirit and body.

Some of us may still be alive when the Lord returns: John 21:22; 1 Thessalonians 4:17. So we don't have to die to meet the Lord, should He return right now. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh my no it's not depressing news! It's joyful, it's hoping that Jesus returns soon! Whether you believe in the rapture or not (I DO) it speaks to the time in the future when Jesus takes us out of this dark world, when we are with Him forever and there's no more sickness or death or sadness etc.

We petition Jesus to come soon, as the Bride that waits for her groom to finish building the house and comes for her to marry (Jewish tradition.) Oh come quickly Lord!

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I don't really see a problem with a prayer for the soon return of Christ. This is what John is looking forward to:

Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever. (Rev. 22:1-5)
That's blessed hope, not a death wish.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I not sure “hoping for a death wish is appropriate”. More like “hoping for a life wish.” As Paul says to be with Christ is much better. But to remain is more necessary for you.”

So please, come Lord Jesus.

Learn to “reckon yourself dead”
It is in that, that freedom from yourself is to be found. For you are your worst enemy. It is you that causes you your problems. That is why Christ died to free you from your inherited nature you got from Adam. So it would be as natural for you to behave as it is natural for you to misbehave now. That is why there is very little in the scripture of how to overcome “self” (which is all the evil you posses) for all is in these words “deny self” it is in this, that all vices are done away with and all virtues are put on.

Peace and love in Christ. Not Me

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey, don't worry when you hear that! If you had a better understanding of what it would be like to be in God's presence (we are always in His presence, but you know what I mean?) where you could see His Glory, His power and splendour, His love and holiness you wouldn't feel like this. That isn't for now but I pray that you grow and get a taste for how unimaginably awe-inspiring it could be. Then, I think you could think of it without being triggered.

Blessings,

Samantha

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think I know what the OP is getting at to be honest. The tribulation is marked by persecution and terrible judgment. In the words of the Apostle John, “Even so, come, Lord Jesus”. Do notice the important, 'even so'.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm here to serve god on this planet
Yes we are a part of God's plan of redemption and restoration. Everyone is either a part of the problem or a part of the cure. If we are going to be a part of the rapture then the resurrection power of God is already at work in us so that we are prepared for that day. Our lamp is full of oil so we are a light to the world and or Flesh or Wedding Garment is being washed and cleansed in the Blood of Jesus so that we are without spot, blemish or wrinkle when the Bridegroom comes for the Bride. There is no reason to leave early before our time because God can use us to help others along the way. God has written the book of our life before we were even born. So He has all the plans for us and He is able to work out His will for us in our lives. To be perfected means to be whole and mature and bearing fruit. Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfullness, Gentleness & Self-Control.

Attachments

• 3a085b2385669f0ae464237e6b505afd.jpg
    3a085b2385669f0ae464237e6b505afd.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi Hope! :wave: :hug:We have eternal life sis. When I say come Lord Jesus, I am looking at how terribly corrupt the world and governments are. Lord Jesus is coming again as King of kings and Lord of lords, and the government shall be upon His shoulders.Wrongs will be made right and He will restore order to a chaotic world. That is something I look forward to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for the love, and prayers from kind ppl who know me and that I'm confused-and love me anyways!

I'm sorry.

bad day.

very poor sleep

mixed up meds and just plain ridiculous moods all over the place

never understood the passages anyways, so bad day today.

my near death experience was so beautiful, it makes this yearning to go home all the harder to resist.

remember, though, feelings and thoughts aren't actions....so I'm just sharing my pain and hoping for help sorting it out...

King David was very depressed....I loved that blog and video about that @Pilgrim

he yearned for death too, right?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you for the love, and prayers from kind ppl who know me and that I'm confused-and love me anyways!

I'm sorry.

bad day.

very poor sleep

mixed up meds and just plain ridiculous moods all over the place

never understood the passages anyways, so bad day today.

my near death experience was so beautiful, it makes this yearning to go home all the harder to resist.

remember, though, feelings and thoughts aren't actions....so I'm just sharing my pain and hoping for help sorting it out...

King David was very depressed....I loved that blog and video about that @Pilgrim

Of course that makes it a lot more understandable, sorry about your troubles. From what I've heard about near death experiences I've gotten the impression going on to the next world isn't as bad as it seems from this end. I can certainly understand how someone going through those kind of changes would think of the end as the beginning.

It makes a lot more sense now that you have explained it. Hope you get your problems with your meds worked out and get to feeling better.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
kind david wasn't misbehaving when he was so stressed out-he was depressed..

I hate the term "behavioral health"

I ain't misbehaving

This is an illness and I feel sick

thanks to all with compassion for this brain illness

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟200,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

King David was "deeply" depressed, yes. However, if I'm not mistaken about the video to which you refer, the "Prayer for Death" was attributed to Elijah (1 Kings 19:1-8)

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The coming of the Lord is not just physical Hope, but much more spiritually. In Revelation 3:20 Jesus says "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me."

So each time you hear Jesus knocking on the door of your heart - you long for Him - He can come back soon - which will mean that Jesus comes alive in your heart and you have a really good time with Him spiritually.

Also Jesus may really come back on the clouds of Heaven - such will be greatest ever for when Jesus comes back for you your sufferings will be over forever. For Jesus is the truth of our good life and all those who have called upon His name will see Him and rejoice, while those who don't care about Him will perish out of the human heart on that great day.

So true liberation awaits you when Jesus comes sis! It are all those erroneous stories scaring the day light of Christians that you best ignore and know that as His child you never have to fear death because He is The Life!

What the bible triggering you concerns is that i promise you that each trigger you have reading God's word is an error in your thoughts about God, other or yourself, for the book is the most awesome book in the whole wide world, in it you can find Him who brings us our eternal life.

Rejoice again i say rejoice

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
King David was "deeply" depressed, yes. However, if I'm not mistaken about the video to which you refer, the "Prayer for Death" was attributed to Elijah (1 Kings 19:1-8)
Thank you for the correction. I love that video with that pastor discussing the situation with Elijah as well as David. The Pastor was so calming and soothing to listen to-so reassuring. I really liked what he had to say as well as how he presented the bible verses on the screen.

• Agree
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The coming of the Lord is not just physical Hope, but much more spiritually. In Revelation 3:20 Jesus says "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me."

So each time you hear Jesus knocking on the door of your heart - you long for Him - He can come back soon - which will mean that Jesus comes alive in your heart and you have a really good time with Him spiritually.

Also Jesus may really come back on the clouds of Heaven - such will be greatest ever for when Jesus comes back for you your sufferings will be over forever. For Jesus is the truth of our good life and all those who have called upon His name will see Him and rejoice, while those who don't care about Him will perish out of the human heart on that great day.

So true liberation awaits you when Jesus comes sis! It are all those erroneous stories scaring the day light of Christians that you best ignore and know that as His child you never have to fear death because He is The Life!

What the bible triggering you concerns is that i promise you that each trigger you have reading God's word is an error in your thoughts about God, other or yourself, for the book is the most awesome book in the whole wide world, in it you can find Him who brings us our eternal life.

Rejoice again i say rejoice

thank you so much brother!

That was a great thing to say to me-so kind and helpful as usual.

Im scared of the times we live in

today I'm watching the humanitarian crisis in Syria and I know that this is war crimes!!

its disgusting!!

then putin has nukes we cant detect or deflect?

seriously, I think it might be better to move to africa and hang with the cool animals and nature, lol!

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

There are Christian nihilists who sometimes go to Israel with the intent of creating the kind of disruption that will trigger Armageddon and the End of the World. It is fair to say though that this is an extreme and heretical understanding of what it means to pray for the Second Coming of Jesus into our lives.
In many ways, the world has been left in a state of Armageddon since the Ascension of the Lord. What the Second Coming in is the ushering in of a new age in our world, where love and life and joy finally reign supreme in the person of Jesus Christ himself.
That is something to look forward to. In fact more Jesus in our life in a myriad of different ways is always something that we ought to hope for. There is no downside to having more Jesus in your life.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0