Does going to an institutionalized chirch actually hinder our relationship with Christ?

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, that is all why one might see a Bible-only fellowship rather than various named sects, will bless seekers after conformity to what God is telling us ---rather than preachers. Noting 1 Peter 2:5 & 9 is helpful to see our calling together for study and sharing of what God is telling us, as shown in the several Holy Bible Epistles. Many Bible scholars share in a non-denom. gathering. I can speak privately to all of this understanding of the Church universal, rather than possibly offend one here. Write me personally if one would like to chat further.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What I mean is, we go to this gathering that is Pastor-centric and run completely on the dictations of a Pastor (who may or may not believe in the Holy Spirit's leading). We are spoon fed sermons and teachings that may sound good and appeal to our senses, but thats not discipleship. Such places, a normal parishioner would be lucky to get 10 seconds of the pastors pastors time. Sure, there will be others who can "be in training" or pastors of something or another, made up positions that bring manmade structure into Gods body. So people can fall into this trap of I dont need to read or pray because Im going to get a sermon on Sunday and Ill have prayer time in church, or even worse "unless Im in church I cant pray". These are all things Ive heard before no joke.

So thus my question, do institutionalized churches actually hinder our walk with Christ? Because no real discipleship can happen and people look to the pastor for leadership and guidance instead of the Holy Spirit.

For me it felt like wrong going into church which doesn't feel good to me. If I feel in church like being in a funeral, it's not for me. I want church to be completely biblical and also warm and happy place. I don't care if I'm asking too much, but I rather not go at all. I can serve Jesus in so many ways and worship and praise the Lord anywhere. But that's just me.

Upvote 0