Does God value Earth above other planets?

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,437.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Since He revealed Himself to earthlings by sending His only Son.
Why build such a big universe then.
There's no reason to believe that if there is alien life "out there", the god of the bible isn't interested in it. Maybe he did a similiar thing over there, too. Maybe it wasn't neccessary because those aliens are better at following basic instructions like "do not murder each other".

He isn't oblidged to tell you, and revealing such a thing during the time the bible was set in would have caused nothing but confusion.

Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If it's as big as they say, I would hypothesize that at some point in the future we're meant to fill it, and this old earth is the launching pad and, home base, of humanity. Maybe after the second coming?

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,437.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
If it's as big as they say, I would hypothesize that at some point in the future we're meant to fill it, and this old earth is the launching pad and, home base, of humanity. Maybe after the second coming?
I truly hope for a better fate for the universe.

Upvote 0

Maddox

Oct 15, 2016
Finland
✟19,787.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Don't believe anything about what NASA has to say about the Universe.

So are we going for something like flat earth and stars are LED lights in the canopy of earth and everything is a conspiracy theory to hide this great truth for whatever reasons?

Hope you have some original crazy instead of the usual - do Reveal this truth to us.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Who knows what any of the rest of the (visible) universe really "is" or means? And by that I don't mean anything about NASA fooling us. I just mean we can hardly interpret what's going on right under our noses -- how on earth can we even guess at other planets, other star systems, other galaxies? Sure, certain things about them are observable from here, but unless you're "in the system" (know the language, the context, etc.) things are just about meaningless.

I think of Job 38 at times like this.

• Winner
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,437.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Who knows what any of the rest of the (visible) universe really "is" or means? And by that I don't mean anything about NASA fooling us. I just mean we can hardly interpret what's going on right under our noses -- how on earth can we even guess at other planets, other star systems, other galaxies? Sure, certain things about them are observable from here, but unless you're "in the system" (know the language, the context, etc.) things are just about meaningless.

I think of Job 38 at times like this.
We actually learn a lot of things day by day.

Man has indeed reached the deepest depths of the sea and found out the "breadth" of the earth. (The first person to calculate the circumference of the earth and the tilt of it's axis actually lived hundreds of years before Jesus)

I'm sure that if such a thing as in Job 38 would happen in our modern times, the questions asked would be far more specific, which shows how far we have come, and how far we can still go.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,811.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Whatever the limitations of modern cosmology, it's obvious that the universe is large enough to justify the question in the OP.

Unfortunately we don't know enough to answer that question. As others have pointed out, it's certainly possible that there are many other worlds with intelligent beings, and Christ might well have come to them. But we don't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hope you have some original crazy instead of the usual - do Reveal this truth to us.

The usual crazy is getting somewhat boring but just hang out in a forum like this for a few weeks and you will encounter new and improved crazy. There must be a law that the best crazy almost always involves religion, politics or science or some bizaar mixture thereof.

• Haha
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The usual crazy is getting somewhat boring but just hang out in a forum like this for a few weeks and you will encounter new and improved crazy. There must be a law that the best crazy almost always involves religion, politics or science or some bizaar mixture thereof.
I don't mind the label "crazy". Have you seen that movie "One Catholic flew over the Rest" ?

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think God may have created such a big universe because it's amazing and wonderful and God delights in its beauty. God delights in us humans, and came to earth for our redemption when that was necessary; but why not also delight in the stars and galaxies and empty stretches of space that have nothing to do with us, just because they're there? I know I delight in those things, insofar as I've been able to observe them and learn about them.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

How do you know to whom He revealed Himself? Do you think that He is limited to just one planet?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess that depends on whether or not you believe there is life on other planets. I belief other planets have plant life and fungi but not animals, aliens, or anything similar to humans.
I agree, gerbilwoman. If there were "soul" life on other planets, it would mean that they too fell (since no one is perfect); it would mean that Christ came and died for them, too; it would mean God would likely convey the message of the cross to the aliens (since He wants no one to perish), but I don't think it would make any sense to them. Imagine reading the Christmas story or the Crucifixion account if you were from another planet and had no concept of Bethlehem, Golgotha, governors, crucifixion, resurrection, etc. That's why I don't believe there's "soul" life anywhere else. The whole story of Christ would have no context to them and therefore not be understandable.

Reactions: gerbilwoman
Upvote 0