✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Please have a look at this

Does God really want us to become vegan?

and tell me what you think
Cherry picking scriptures to suit a particular point of view is not helpful. If God wanted His people vegan, why would He send them to a land flowing with milk and honey? Why would there be a discussion about whether it was OK to eat meat offered to idols? What about Peter's vision of clean and unclean animals? Lord Jesus ate fish. That includes a BBQ on the beach after he rose from the dead. If an individual chooses to be vegan, fine. They are entirely free to do so. But please, don't try imposing individual choices on others.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A very poor hermeneutic. She looks at only a couple of Biblical strains and grossly fails to consider the whole picture.

Christ two or three times created fish to be eaten. He ate fish with the disciples in the room and at the lakeshore - after He was resurrected. Presumably He ate lamb at all his 33 Passovers. Never a condemnation of meat-eating, never a suggestion about vegetarianism is given. To the contrary, we are told that we are free to eat meats, and not only those designated Clean under the Jewish system. Eating meats is even associated with having strong faith (Rom 14.2).

Ultimately it seems we all will eat plant-based only, as seen is Isaiah's picture of the peaceable kingdom, but until we receive resurrection bodies we not only are free to eat meat, in my opinion it is necessary to do so, in moderation, for good health.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Still I'm a little bit confused.
From the author's viewpoint, the practice of eating meat seems like our own invention. Not God's intention at all
She ignores God slaying an animal to clothe Adam and Eve after the Fall. And God authorizing Noah to eat meat after the Flood. The "author's viewpoint" in this case is untrustworthy.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2020
Canada
✟8,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand what you mean.
Still, I wonder if they didn't fall, God wouldn't need to make any clothes to them.
I did check the Noah's passage you mentioned. But to be honest, I didn't understand at all

"God went on to bless Noah and his sons and to say to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth. A fear of you and a terror of you will continue upon every living creature of the earth and upon every flying creature of the heavens, upon everything that moves on the ground and upon all the fish of the sea. They are now given into your hand. Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. Just as I gave you the green vegetation, I give them all to you. Only flesh with its life—its blood—you must not eat. Besides that, I will demand an accounting for your lifeblood. I will demand an accounting from every living creature; and from each man I will demand an accounting for the life of his brother. Anyone shedding man’s blood, by man will his own blood be shed, for in God’s image He made man. As for you, be fruitful and become many, and increase abundantly on the earth and multiply.” (Genesis)

Seems like He's not ready to offer us those. "I will demand" passage sounded like He had raised His voice

Upvote 0

LiquidCat

Nov 14, 2019
Warsaw
✟10,163.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

this thread has been moved from
Introduce Yourself
to
General Theology
for a better fit and responses; and also because IY is only for short greetings.
Hat off.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

lilymc

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
✟15,735.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Lol, very selective cherry picking there. they seem to have missed that in the New testament we were giving all animals for food.
Have some bacon.

Just because we CAN do something doesn't mean that we should.

What is more important, and better for us to honor: God's original intent and perfect will? (Which is peace and harmony among all creation, no flesh eating) Or what God permits in this fallen world, due to sin and our weakness?

To me the answer is obvious.

Upvote 0