Does God always intervene if we ask Him to? Or does He sometimes leave us to make our own decisions?

Trayalc

Jan 2, 2019
Georgia
✟32,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Recently I read the following quote on Pinterest:
"Please understand that God is literally placing the right people in your life and taking the wrong ones away. Don't fight Him on that. He's putting things in your journey that's going to enrich the result - always trust the open and closed doors." -Anonymous

Lately I have been going through a difficult situation. I do have the power to end the situation, but I just don't know what God wants me to do. I've asked that He take control of the situation and act out His will, no matter what I may want. But since I haven't seen a whole lot of progress in the situation, I often wonder if He's waiting for me to make a decision I need to make instead of intervening.

So my question is, if I ask God to take control and get me through a tribulation, should I trust that He will undoubtedly do so? Or does He sometimes leave a decision to us as a test?

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Control can mean different things depending on the situation and my role. Is He vindicating a wrong I've suffered, providing clarity on an idea or desire, or correcting my behavior?

When I’m being corrected He’s loving and matter of fact. I’m instructed how to resolve the situation and warned about the spiritual consequences of letting certain things in.

When I’m being vindicated I’m instructed what to pray and its duration. I’m usually shown the spiritual elements involved. If its bad I ask for angelic help and protection.

If I require clarity I listen. Sometimes my options are discussed. In other instances He reveals my heart or the deeper issue that’s troubling me.

I’m never powerless nor does He wrest control from me. I’m provided with the tools to make wise decisions and warnings if I fail to do so.

In respect to difficult relationships, He disturbs my spirit or pricks it continually to get my attention. That’s often a sign its time to step back or let go. Otherwise, He asks me to pray about the situation or person usually for a period of time.

There’s been one instance when I was told a friendship would not be redeemed. But He’d done it twice and further contact would have brought further harm to each.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God is NOT literally placing the right people in your life and taking the wrong ones away.
If someone asks God to take control and get them through a tribulation ,
sometimes God does, and sometimes God does not.
God is perfectly trustworthy, and always keeps and honors every one of His Promises,
but there are conditions throughout Scripture about what prayers and when He will even hear them, and also when He does not even listen to them.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Recently I read the following quote on Pinterest:
"Please understand that God is literally placing the right people in your life and taking the wrong ones away. Don't fight Him on that. He's putting things in your journey that's going to enrich the result - always trust the open and closed doors." -Anonymous

Lately I have been going through a difficult situation. I do have the power to end the situation, but I just don't know what God wants me to do. I've asked that He take control of the situation and act out His will, no matter what I may want. But since I haven't seen a whole lot of progress in the situation, I often wonder if He's waiting for me to make a decision I need to make instead of intervening.

So my question is, if I ask God to take control and get me through a tribulation, should I trust that He will undoubtedly do so? Or does He sometimes leave a decision to us as a test?

He answered your prayers before you were born. "Faith" is all He is looking for.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If God always put the right people in our lives, no Christians would marry unbelievers or get divorced. For free will to exist, God must give us control.

However, there certainly are "meant to be" relationships. "A match made ikn heaven" is often true. Often God does give us the right people. Other times He lets us choose our friends and spouses.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."

What Does the Bible Say About You Have Not Because You Ask Not?

He answered your prayers before you were born. "Faith" is all He is looking for.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."

What Does the Bible Say About You Have Not Because You Ask Not?

God answered your past and future prayers before he formed the world.

Ephesians 1
4 Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Ephesians 2
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God formed the entire world and molded it to answer our prayers
both past present, and future. This is why when people request
any prayer outside of His will, they see no response.

This is why when scientific studies search for evidence of answered prayer
they find nothing. Yet many believers do see answers to prayer.
The reason is that through prayer, they receive the correct prayer from
God that is actually in Jesus name. They get this prayer from God.
Then they witness the answer before their eyes. But not because
they influenced God. It's because God influenced them to request
the correct prayer that lined up with the answer he had already performed
in the persons future. This is how He rewards those who seek Him for
the correct prayers.

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer,
believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Isaiah 65:24
Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear.

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Matthew 6:8
Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God formed the entire world and molded it to answer our prayers
both past present, and future
No.
When someone thinks sin is okay, God does not even hear their prayers.
God is not obligated in any way to answer your prayers, any time, before during or after existence.
"God does whatever He Pleases."
NOT what pleases you or someone else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yet many believers do see answers to prayer.
Many believers obey God, and know that He hears them as He Says in His Word,
and they know they receive whatever they asked for in line with His Word.
Not because of some fairy tale or mythology, or false teaching, nor even because of some truth from Scripture being claimed by ungodly people living in sin willingly.

Upvote 0