Does faith justify? (I have an answer, but would like input.

Does faith justify?

• Total voters

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I asked you to name anyone else who shares your interpretation of the Bible, and you couldn't name any, and you also indicated there are none. Therefore it's a forgone conclusion that most likely your interpretation is incorrect.

But you miss the point. Even if I never discovered anyone who believed this way, that is not how I build my faith. I build my faith based on what God's Word says. Did Noah build his faith based on the people around him? Surely not. Only Noah and his family were the only ones acted by faith to be saved. The rest of them perished in the global flood. Jesus said as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be at the coming of the Son of Man. Things are going to keep getting worse and worse before our Lord's return. It's because many are not putting the seed of the Word of God into their hearts. A person has to allow Jesus to sow God's Word in their heart. If not, they can end up speaking against God's Word by looking to beliefs and things outside of the Bible.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But you miss the point. Even if I never discovered anyone who believed this way, that is not how I build my faith. I build my faith based on what God's Word says. Did Noah build his faith based on the people around him? Surely not. Only Noah and his family were the only ones acted by faith to be saved. The rest of them perished in the global flood. Jesus said as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be at the coming of the Son of Man. Things are going to keep getting worse and worse before our Lord's return. It's because many are not putting the seed of the Word of God into their hearts. A person has to allow Jesus to sow God's Word in their heart. If not, they can end up speaking against God's Word by looking to beliefs and things outside of the Bible.

My point is that when someone shares their own separate special unique interpretation of what scripture says, there's too much of a probability that what they're telling me is incorrect.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My point is that when someone shares their own separate special unique interpretation of what scripture says, there's too much of a probability that what they're telling me is incorrect.

But Jesus said narrow is the way and FEW be there that find it. So those who get what the Bible says in regards to savlation are FEW and not the MANY. Do you understand that? Jesus said beware of the scribes (See: Luke 20:46). A scribe is anyone who tran-scribes the Scriptures. That is what certain Jewish people did. They transcribed the Torah and or the Scriptures. Today, scholars transcribe the Scriptures, and Jesus is telling us to not implicitly to trust them blindly because He says to beware of the scribes. So it's not the popular Christian group or scholar who always has a correct theology or in understanding God's Word. 2 Timothy 2:15 says this:

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15).

Yet, you believe that you just find the right church and they will spoon feed you a set of beliefs without you really seeking out the truth for yourself with God for you are focused on what others believe.

“But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” (1 John 2:27).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Believers who say they can stumble into sin and yet still say they are saved while they stumble into sin do not read and believe those verses on how even one sin can destroy our souls unless we repent.

We know that Adam abided in spiritual death when he sinned and not physical death.
We know Ananias and Sapphira lost their salvation each by their one time sin of lying to God.

You believe that there is a form of confessing sins, and yet there is no real changed life because the believer keeps stumbling into grievous sin their whole lives. This suggests an enslavement to sin. Jesus said he who sins is a slave to sin (John 8:34) (Note: I am mentioning the topic of conversation here as in reference to grievous sin or sins that the Bible warns with hellfire and condemnation because Sinless Perfection is not allowed to be discussed in this section of the forums). Anyways, John 8:34 does not sound like Jesus is speaking positively of these kinds of people, and He is implying that there are those who are not slaves to sin (i.e. slaves to grievous sin).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But Jesus said narrow is the way and FEW be there that find it. So those who get what the Bible says in regards to savlation are FEW and not the MANY. Do you understand that? Jesus said beware of the scribes (See: Luke 20:46). A scribe is anyone who tran-scribes the Scriptures. That is what certain Jewish people did. They transcribed the Torah and or the Scriptures. Today, scholars transcribe the Scriptures, and Jesus is telling us to not implicitly to trust them blindly because He says to beware of the scribes. So it's not the popular Christian group or scholar who always has a correct theology or in understanding God's Word. 2 Timothy 2:15 says this:

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15).

Yet, you believe that you just find the right church and they will spoon feed you a set of beliefs without you really seeking out the truth for yourself with God for you are focused on what others believe.

“But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” (1 John 2:27).

Are you telling me that your interpretation is the only correct one?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

How many interpretations do you think there are in reading a blueprint in building a plane? There is only one correct way unless one does not care about human lives.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Jesus said if we do not receive His words, those words will judge us on the last day (John 12:48). What words are many today not receiving? Matthew 5:28-30, Matthew 6:15, Matthew 12:37, Matthew 25:31-46, Luke 9:62, and Luke 10:25-28. For there many Christians today who say that Matthew 5:28-30 is a metaphor or it is no longer applicable, etc.; Hence, they are not receiving all of the words of Jesus.

In fact, they will one day be surprised that such words will judge them on the last day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 8:20 says,
“...if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.”

Believers must speak in accordance with God's Word in order to have light within them. If they speak against God's Word, there is no light in them. For faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said if we do not receive His words, those words will judge us on the last day (John 12:48). What words are many today not receiving? Matthew 5:28-30, Matthew 6:15, Matthew 12:37, Matthew 25:31-46, Luke 9:62, and Luke 10:25-28. For there many Christians today say that Matthew 5:28-30 is a metaphor or it is no longer applicable, etc.; Hence, they are not receiving all of the words of Jesus.

This is a yes or no question: Do you believe that you alone have the correct interpretation of scripture?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is a yes or no question: Do you believe that you alone have a correct interpretation of scripture?

My response should have given you the answer, and I am not obligated to answer in the way that you please. You are not my master. Jesus is my master.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My response should have given you the answer, and I am not obligated to answer in the way that you please. You are not my master. Jesus is my master.

I'll take that as a yes.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'll take that as a yes.

Jesus said you cannot serve two masters (Matthew 6:24).
Yet, many believers (by the use of other words) say that they are slaves to their grievous sin in some way in this life. But one must give way. Either their love for Jesus will give way, or their love for sin will give way. But many out of the starting gate have already declared that they can be slaves to sin (i.e. grievous sin) which shows that they are double minded.

Upvote 0