• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Does anyone know of a Christian group home for adults with mild autism??

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Lioness901,
I googled California government agencies, and found this. I don't know if it would help. Maybe try searching through gov't sites? Good luck to you! I don't know if these agencies would have any info. I don't live in CA so I don't know any personally.

Agency Directory

In that little search box on the site, put "autism" in it, and a couple agencies come up.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
May 25, 2010
Visit site
✟18,018.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is it so severe they need a group home, or would a caregiver roommate work?

Without me, my husband would have needed some features of a group home but he was far too intelligent to be locked in one. His family tried to put him in one. By "mild autism" do you mean High Functioning or are they somewhere between low and high functioning?

Upvote 0

TalusJumper

May 1, 2011
✟7,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey. I'm looking for a Christian group home for adults with mild autism perferably in California. Anyone know of any at all?? I tried to google this but I didn't get very far. Can anyone out there please help me with this??

I am looking for the same here in Colorado but have had no success. I thought about starting a Meetup group but is expensive considering it may not work out.

Upvote 0

TalusJumper

May 1, 2011
✟7,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi TalusJumper,
I searched the government website for Colorado, would this help? Have you tried looking through the gov't sites?

Thanks for checking into this for me. However, in keeping with the OPs original message- I would like to find a Christian-based Aspie/ASD group to meet with. There is a GRASP meeting in Denver once a month but that is actually quite a distance from me and is not Christian. It would be nice to talk face-to-face with others on the spectrum about the same things we discuss here on the forums.

Upvote 0

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
OK, Why am I in this handbasket?
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might consider this. "FAST"
Given they offer training and support, you may want to contact them to see if they have trained and know of any Christian assisted living facilities in California.

And their directory lists one foundation in California, though it does not specify if it is Christian: California Autism Foundation

:) God Bless

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for checking into this for me. However, in keeping with the OPs original message- I would like to find a Christian-based Aspie/ASD group to meet with. There is a GRASP meeting in Denver once a month but that is actually quite a distance from me and is not Christian. It would be nice to talk face-to-face with others on the spectrum about the same things we discuss here on the forums.

Okay! I didn't know if there would be a Christian group mixed in there or if they'd have a number to call to check it out. Sorry.

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have not looked at them all, but maybe this would be helpful? Click on your state and they give different agencies. They have them broken down city by city. I didn't get a chance to check if any of them are Christian, sorry about that. It's from the Autism Speaks FB page:

Resource Guide | Autism Speaks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums