ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
NOTHING HAPPENED TO BOBS BODY, except instead of one particular head it has another. NOTHING about whether or not the body complete with head is a human being body.
But a prosthetic body doesn't meet your definition of body. You said we need things like organs, and tissues and blood flow to be qualified for a human being body. But Bob doesn't have any of those, yet he's still a human being, right?

So at least in the case of Bob, we have a human being without a human being body.

But anyway, it's rather obvious, as in glaringly obvious that you're set in your ways and your interpretations, and your ideas, and as much as we've all tried to educate you and help you understand, it really doesn't matter to you. You have your agenda and your preconceived notions, and you're set in them.

I've quoted dozens upon dozens of scholars, dozens upon dozens of reference materials for your benefit. You have rejected them, rejected factual science, rejected Biblical teaching and authority. You have made it clear that you have your own preconceived notions and beliefs and that no amount of science or Scripture can persuade you. Best of luck Douglas.

Bottom line is that scientifically we know that a new human being is created at conception. This is when a new, unique individual is created with its own unique DNA. The developmental process for a new human being lasts about 25 years. God created us in His image, and we always, no matter our age, location, gender, or race are morally valuable.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
But a prosthetic body doesn't meet your definition of body. You said we need things like organs, and tissues and blood flow to be qualified for a human being body. But Bob doesn't have any of those, yet he's still a human being, right?

So at least in the case of Bob, we have a human being without a human being body.

But anyway, it's rather obvious, as in glaringly obvious that you're set in your ways and your interpretations, and your ideas, and as much as we've all tried to educate you and help you understand, it really doesn't matter to you. You have your agenda and your preconceived notions, and you're set in them.

I've quoted dozens upon dozens of scholars, dozens upon dozens of reference materials for your benefit. You have rejected them, rejected factual science, rejected Biblical teaching and authority. You have made it clear that you have your own preconceived notions and beliefs and that no amount of science or Scripture can persuade you. Best of luck Douglas.

Bottom line is that scientifically we know that a new human being is created at conception. This is when a new, unique individual is created with its own unique DNA. The developmental process for a new human being lasts about 25 years. God created us in His image, and we always, no matter our age, location, gender, or race are morally valuable.
BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN RECORD !

Come on, Bob's body (by your definition) has all the organs, including the head. If you want to say a human being with one artificial organ thereby becomes NOT a human being, go ahead and do so. I certainly do not say that. A TOTAL RED HERRING - nothing about present discussion.

And are you doing a little switch, first talking about Bob's body with artificial head, and then making it seem you are talking about something that is totally artificial?
Whether one would want to call a totally artificial made in a factory like a rag doll "thing" a human being, is I would say, certainly a red herring and makes no difference to the present discussion.
Different question entirely.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Does a human being have a body? Of course, is the obvious answer.

I consider it a fact, that human beings, actual animals, members of the species, have bodies.

So the zygote, a single cell with human DNA, cannot itself be a human being.
Since it is only one cell, it cannot possibly have any flesh and blood and bone, i.e. a body.

The implication is, there cannot possibly be a human being at conception.
(Other than the newly pregnant woman.).

I'm going to try and restate the OP as a basic syllogism.

P1. All human beings have bodies.
P2. A zygote does not have a body.
Conclusion: A zygote is not a human being.

I would suggest that P2 is demonstrably false.

Dictionary.com:
The physical structure and material substance of an animal or plant, living or dead.

Christian Apologetic and Research Ministry (CARM):
A body is the physical structure that carries the life of an organism. Bodies differ in types, structures, sizes, etc

Oxford Dictionary:
The physical and mortal aspect of a person as opposed to the soul or spirit.

Cambridge Dictionary:
The whole physical structure that forms a person or animal

Yourdictionary.com:
The definition of a body is the physical part of a living thing or the main part of anything.

The above definitions of body help us understand that a human's body is simply the physical part of a human. All humans have different looking bodies. Human development takes roughly 25 years, beginning at fertilization. The OP seems to be discriminating against humans based upon their level of development, which is fallacious.

The body of a zygote looks very different than the body of an embryo. The body of an embryo looks very different from the body of a fetus. The body of a fully developed fetus will look almost identical to the body of a new born. The body of a new born looks different than the body of a toddler, then a child, then a teenager, then a fully developed adult. But here's the key - At not point of the human being's development are they not a human being. They always have a body, it just happens to look different at different stages of development.

• Agree
Reactions: HypnoToad
Upvote 0