✟493.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
N67896 said:
Is anybody else torqued that Charisma Magazine would hire a W-O-F hater like Dobson for a monthly column?...

...or am I still rattled from being slapped around so much by other haters in the past few days?

I politely but quickly cancelled my subscriptions.

*This* is still a safe place, isn't it?

The WOF bashing is held to a minimum and is generally much nicer that other forums – sometimes the bashing comes from people that are very much against the WOF movement but post as ‘part’ of the movement. But the magazine that you are looking at is not WOF only, nor is it really just Christian, it is only Christian flavored and is in it for the $ and the BLING of CCM. But this is a service that they are providing at a cost, if you do not like it then drop them (I have). They had an article giving the thumbs up to a new age ‘trans channel worker’ that was doing her thing in ‘the name’ and how great it was. They are like CBS, NBC and FOX and have no clue about the Christian movement in more than a demographic profile that gets money in the home office.

Upvote 0

N67896

Jul 2, 2005
✟7,857.00
Faith
Catholic
Br_Rhoades said:
But the magazine that you are looking at is not WOF only, nor is it really just Christian, it is only Christian flavored and is in it for the $ and the BLING of CCM. But this is a service that they are providing at a cost... if you do not like it then drop them (I have)...They are like CBS, NBC and FOX and have no clue about the Christian movement in more than a demographic profile that gets money in the home office.

I've got this notion that there's no such thing as an inconsistancy; that if you look hard enough, even paradoxes make sense when you find the underlying reason. I have been reading this magazine on and off for years, and yours is the first explanation I have encountered that makes sense of what they do.

To quote the philosopher Simpson: "D'OHH!"

Upvote 0

N67896

Jul 2, 2005
✟7,857.00
Faith
Catholic
charityagape said:
Dobson hates WOF? I've listened to him for years and enjoy the program, I've never heard him say yeah or nay about it.

I used to listen as well until he referred to it as "Diaper Faith." Then I kinda found excuses to be out of the room when his program came on...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.