Do you think breastfeeding in public is ok?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought Adam and Eve had "clothing" that *they* sewed together from fig leaves themselves - not from god per se. And I always understood that they did that because they were ashamed - not that it was particularly sinful to be naked.

But I'm just an evil atheist. What do I know about anything Biblical?

Both of you are right...

Adam and Eve sewed figs leaves together (Gen 3:7), and then God gave them clothes made of animal skin (Gen 3:21).

Upvote 0

walk the talk

Apr 2, 2012
Ottawa Ontario
✟15,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God gave Adam and Eve clothes to cover up.

Jesus also bathed in public along with his fellow men women and children of his day. This had been going on for thousands of years before Christ as well, since Adam and Eve. For that reason I don't think that the Genesis passages had anything to do with sin when God gave them clothing. You have to read into it a little more. It seems very close minded to me.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Both of you are right...

Adam and Eve sewed figs leaves together (Gen 3:7), and then God gave them clothes made of animal skin (Gen 3:21).

Ah, you're right! I haven't read the Bible in so long, it's all kinda fuzzy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

Yes, though I think that bare breasts in public are also okay, unless there are special hygienic issues. For instance, I can understand tops required for both men and women in a high-density trafficked area such as a subway.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I would prefer them to cover up because I don't find it to be most pleasant thing to catch a glimpse of for some reason, but I'm not the breast police.

sounds like it would be an awesome job ;)

where does one sign up??? :D

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟36,890.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just a poll so we have some numbers to fall back on in the ongoing breastfeeding debate of another thread.

Do you think breastfeeding in public is ok? Why or why not?

Yes, not only do I think it is "OK" I have done it many times. It's really impossible not to when out and about with a baby that won't take formula and nurses every couple of hours.

I do think it should be done relatively discreetly, but I've also seen it done by others many times and never have I seen any actual breasts or nipples. I have seen moms with slings, carefully draped shirts (my own choice of coverage), and nursing blankets. So as far as I'm concerned, modesty is not a big issue here; there really isn't much to see unless you have some kind of weird nursing fetish.

Keep in mind that some babies don't LIKE to eat in noisy areas with large crowds; they may prefer a quiet area where mom can sit comfortably, but there is no need to force people to go to some filthy place like a public restroom to hide as if eating is something shameful.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are the people that are upset with female breasts being exposed have forgotten how to walk away? Just like watching television if nudity appears on it and you do not like it switch the station.

I think that they are afraid that they can't look away.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0