do you see this gift in a woman often?

DrenchedInHisBlood

Renewing the innner man
Jun 23, 2004
El Sobrante, California
✟21,277.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My female friend seems to have a gift that I don't see in may ladies. She has capabilities of analysis in bible reasoning. One time we talked about the case on whether the refugees should be admitted in or not, and she had a long explanation. I had it taped, i uploaded it below. Tell me if that's an analysis you don't hear in many women or not. At around time 12-14 minutes, it's more of a debate. Well we were not debating because we agreed on the position, but I was just sharing opposing viewpoints I heard from other people. Now tell me if thats some debate skills you don't hear in many women. I am just trying to see if my observation is correct, if such abilities for analysis and debate are that rare. So what do you think?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Footnote (after listening to part).
Christians and Jews do not believe what most nations believe - (as she admits at the same time as saying "refugees must be willing to accept/ believe/ go along with a nation that receives them"..... )

So it's almost a non-topic or non-issue in that sense, eh?
i.e. there's practically always a conflict of ideals, motives and goals between refugees (especially when it has been planned for so long like these days we live in) -- as she says it is [often?] a danger to countries to take in refugees these days (and for the last hundred years) and results in very many bad things happening (as planned).

Significant point she seems to make a few times: what we [Christians] DO is not what the country [USA? or other] does as the country is not run by nor bound by "Christian" rules that all Christians are subject to in Y'SHUA(JESUS).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I never saw that in the BIBLE, ESTHER or elsewhere. Can you give a BIBLE REFERENCE to this ?

(remember in history many gentiles and Jews did become "christian" when given the choice of die or convert. But I don't remember people becoming Jewish to avoid being killed; except when they sought to be converted honestly in order to know YHWH and to escape the wretched godless pagan life of the gentile nations in the times B.C. )

Some people became Jews at times, such as the days of Esther - because they were afraid of being killed by them.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Esther 8:17 And in every province, and in every city, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day. And many of the people of the land became Jews; for the fear of the Jews fell upon them. ...

COOL, THX !
Checked every translation I could on biblegateway and other,
and didn't see/notice "fear of being killed" but did see this:

VOICE
In every city and province, wherever the king’s law and orders were received, there was happiness and joy among the Jews. They feasted, they danced, they celebrated—and people from other nations living among the Jews professed to be Jews because they were afraid of the Jews’ sudden political power in Persia.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, it was fascinating re-reading ESTHER there.
And seeing over 75,000 of the enemies who had sought to kill and to profit from killing the Jews were instead killed within the law at the time, thankfully !

I didn't see anyone mentioned though at that time who managed to save their life by becoming or claiming to be a Jew.
Whoever/ whatever enemy [army|armed enemy] had made plans to kill the Jews apparently were killed legally by the Jews.

Others , perhaps only others who were not planning to kill the Jews, thought it best to join them once the Jews had the political advantage, the way it is written.

i.e. When the Jews went after the ones they already knew were arrayed and ready to kill the Jews, I think they killed them and not even 'claiming' to be converted would save them. It looks doubtful the Jews (or anyone, actually) would have believed them.

Esther 8:13...Esther 9:12....
It had to do with the decree by the king of Persia that the Jews could avenge
themselves on their enemies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I am just trying to see if my observation is correct, if such abilities for analysis and debate are that rare. So what do you think?
Didn't mean to derail the thread at all - but as you asked in the OP,
yes, not just ability for analysis and debate are that rare (maybe more rare than we think or imagine),
and
depends on that which is outside of man(flesh/mind/soul) -
depends on YHWH as HE grants ability and revelation,
as every good gift (of every kind) is from above.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think suggesting that women generally lack abilities of analysis, reasoning and debate (compared to men?) is quite sexist, to be honest.

However, I remember a couple of years ago talking with someone who was doing research into spiritual gifts, and whether and how the pattern of spiritual gifts tended to differ between men and women. What she found was that the gifts themselves didn't tend to differ (ie. you didn't tend to get more men with some gifts and more women with others), but that both sexes worked hard to express those gifts in ways that were culturally acceptable in their own context.

So my question would be, if there is any validity in the idea that women show less ability in analysis, reasoning, debate and so forth, is it possible that it's because it's generally less culturally acceptable for us to excel in those ways? And if so, isn't that something we ought to challenge rather than accept?

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
We have to remember the times and the culture that the scriptures were written. I'm sure you already know this, so it's nothing new.

And I hope that you agree, considering how crazy things have been lately that there is major differences between Male and Female. There is no gender equality. No matter how it's put.

Are men better than women? No.
Are women better than men? No.

We are both created wonderfully and fearfully by God. We both will face God and be judged by Christ determined by our salvation and our works of faith.

Can a woman debate? absolutely.
Can a woman analyze? I personally believe women are more analytical than men are when it comes to the thought processing. I could be wrong. But the evidence I've seen with women I've know in my life, mother, sisters, aunts and such. It's shown on how they care for others and their children. You have to be able to analyze situations quickly and honestly at times to get things done. So I believe and again I could be wrong. That women are better at analyzing things than men are.
Can a woman reason? If your here and your thinking, then your reasoning. Of course they can.

Christ changed the outlook at women when He came. It was a woman who was the first evangelist...the Samaritan woman. She'd reasoned out who Christ was.
It was a woman...who first reported the empty tomb. She analyzed the situation and reported it to the Apostles
It was a woman...that Christ wrote on the ground before the Sanhedrin and told her to go and sin no more.
It was a woman...that told the servants to obey Christ in all that he said do. (Mary at the wedding) she debated or discussed, what servants are to do when Christ spoke, and we are all servants of Christ.
It was a woman...that washed Christ feet with her tears and dried it with her hair.

So, it's not for man to say, if a woman can and cannot ,debate, reason or analyze for God. Its God that calls, not man.

Upvote 0