Do you really want to follow African Primates?

AngCath

Jul 7, 2005
✟12,588.00
Faith
Anglican
I currently love my Temporary TEC home while I am deciding weather or not to stay in Christianity.
The Priest is great she is not afraid to speak out on controversal local issues and helped save a local mens shelter.
She is liturgical while also being scientific and rational when interpeting the scriptures. Has even had people move from over an hour away to be closer to the chrurch which has grown a ton since she became Priest there according to the older members I have talked too.

Best Christian I have met by far..go TEC :)

I hope you have let your priest know how highly you regard her and have thanked God for her in your prayers.

Go TEC :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
J

JasonV

JasonV

Would you mind to explain to me, a South African, what you mean by African primates? I'm not sure I understand exactly...

Refers to the theory of the "global South". That Christians in 3rd world countries alone are maintaining the torch of Orthodoxy, while the West (1st world countries) are becoming heretical.

The African Primates I speak of are mentioned in this thread, and I would encourage you to read the whole thread. I specifically point out one or two Bishops for scorn (justifiably so IMO).

Most of this thread had to do with the Lambeth conference at the time.

Upvote 0

hollyanglo

May 4, 2009
✟7,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I ask this question to those who seem to believe that African primates are the salvation of the Anglican communion. Is it not obvious that they are using homosexuality and female ordination as a distraction from their utter failure to help their own people in matters such as the rampant spread of HIV, decades long civil war, continental genocide, systematic raping of women and girls as young as 4, abuses of power from the highest levels down, ad nauseam.

They turn a blind eye on their own lands (beam), and have the gall to point a finger at the West (mote) as though we were on the verge of denying Christ Himself!

I ask you, what issues are more critical to a Christian:

Death and pain, or theological disagreement?

Pax!

first of all, the church can only do so much to help the situations highlighted by you on your post. I am African and we do not feel in any way that the church has failed us. The African's sensitivity around homosexuality is based on their conservative culture and their understanding of what is "right" and what is "wrong".

I find your post offensive to us African Anglicans!!:liturgy::liturgy::liturgy:

Upvote 0

hollyanglo

May 4, 2009
✟7,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And yet they are still united.

This statement is foolish in light of the number of Christians who will claim that other Christians are not really Christians at all because they are Roman, or because they go to Church on Sunday, or because they reject Sola Scriptura, or because they reject Joseph Smith, or etc.

We spend most of our time trying to convert other Christians to our own denomination rather than trying to convert the heathen. How can this be called unity?

I agree with you on that one. when a charismatic christian is encouraged to bring unbelievers to Christ, they are actually referring to you and me (Anglicans/Mainstream christianity). I'm not sure what the topic is about, but your post touched a sensitive issue

Upvote 0
J

JasonV

first of all, the church can only do so much to help the situations highlighted by you on your post.

That is where you are wrong. They can clean up their own dung pile before they go and complain about the smell coming from the west.

I find your post offensive to us African Anglicans!!:liturgy::liturgy::liturgy:

If the shoe fits.

Upvote 0