• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Do you read Bible while walking on Treadmill inside Gym?

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Sink' started by johnnywong, May 23, 2019.

1. johnnywong

johnnywong Member

+98
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I read 4 chapters of Bible while walking for 3 km. in Gym
    I get a lot of teachings from Bible while on the treadmill.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,323
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    That's good. It's amazing how much you can get done if you commit the time to it.

3. JacobKStarkey

JacobKStarkey Well-Known Member

+508
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    Sure. All should do it. Very easy.

4. Aspzan

Aspzan Well-Known Member Supporter

+440
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    No but I usually listen to the Bible or a sermon on an mp3 player when I go on a walk. I got an mp3 CD of the KJV read by Alexander Scourby and put it onto a mp3 player.

What chapters did you read?

5. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Senior Member Supporter

+37,754
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hi @johnnywong, I don't read while I'm working out, but I do "listen" to the Bible or sermons/lectures when I do (and I keep a pad of paper and pen nearby to take note of the things that I'd like to review later).

I can make it through the entire OT/NT in 3 months by listening to it for 45 minutes per day during my workouts. In fact, I never read 'through' the Bible anymore, because listening through it is so much more efficient (for me anyway). Whenever I try to read through it now, I always end up taking too much time studying it instead.

I have the Bible on CD, but you can listen to it at a number of places online for free now, like here: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.: Audio

--David

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+416
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I mainly read the Bible at breakfast. I can't start the day without a good breakfast, so I found I naturally read the Bible more if I always leave it on my dining room table. Of course, I also have spilled things on it... So it's not a foolproof plan! I wad forced to paint the edges gold with a paint marker because it was so obviously stained by a cup of hot chocolate I dropped on it...

When I run, I actually do it in total silence usually. Music throws off the rhythm of my breathing I find. But running has been very hard for me to pick up, so I always start out with asking God to help me complete my goal. So far it's worked without fail and I've set many new personal records recently!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,119
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I like listening to the Bible when I am tired....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. johnnywong

johnnywong Member

+98
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I thin
    I think many of us go to Gym everyday.
    Some may be "forced " to see the TV provided by the Gym.
    I think it will be better to make it a habit to see the Bible at that time.
    On one side to train the physical bpody , the other side training the spirit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. johnnywong

johnnywong Member

+98
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Usually I read 2 chapters from OT, 2 from NT.
    I divided the OT to 2 parts: one is the history , second is the rest;
    NT to 2 parts: one is the 4 Gospels all about direct teachings from Jesus, second is the Others.
    There are about 1200 chapters in the Bible. I can finish the bible within 1 year on the treadmill.

10. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,323
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    If the TV's too loud, get an MP3 bible.