Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well,yea..but usually false teachings are introduced slowly.Like the leader might say.."recently I have come to see that acertain rule,is good for me".Then he might say.."just for me,mind you".Next week he starts talking more about it,in a "just for me mode"..but sooner or later,he is trying to impose it,incrementally,covertly,but still teaching it.After all,if it is good for the pastor,it is good for the impressionable listeners.
I was just going by what you said and answering the only way I know how.

But ok, if this is done more slowly and suttlely I would point you back to how I said my church is. ok, once I start getting the idea that grace is no longer the message being preached I would take my pastor aside in private and ask him what's zup. If he is not approachable, my pastor is, but if he wasn't, I would state my disagreements and concerns during the service in the form of questioning, not pointing the finger and rebuking him as a false teacher. After time when there seems to be no improvement in the matter I would let them know of my no longer feeling comfortable being a member of their church.

It really is as simple as that. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ComingWitDaBig3

Jus Coming In!!
May 10, 2009
✟7,717.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and sisters too, but the way I understood the way Frogster was using it was with the meaning of dear friends. Otherwise, if not, and he was meaning it as simply regular brothers and sisters in Christ then I have a major problem with this.

The one thing I detest the most, especially here in this forum is when everyone believes themselves to be shepperds over all of us here. They don't believe they are sheep like the rest. There's simply too many shepperds and not enough sheep.

If you are not a dear friend or family of mine please don't make yourselve a self appointed shepperd over me. You are not responsible for me, I am responsible for myself.

[I learned in English to automatically write in masculine unless other wise noted, IOW, sis's too :)]

I concur, although we're not related though, the bible still tells me to help you out in your needs (both spiritually and physically if I remember correctly), nevertheless, I shouldn't try to become your shepperd b/c I'm not your (1) Jesus (The ultimate Sheppard), and (2) Not your pastor/mentor. The best for now That I or anyone can be to you (or in general to anyone else) is sibling in Christ. :)

Upvote 0

ComingWitDaBig3

Jus Coming In!!
May 10, 2009
✟7,717.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I dont undertsand what u mean?:)

The false doctrine can be introduced subtlely or quickly, no matter in what 'speed' your in, God sees how you react to it (rebuke harshly or rebuke it with smoothness). Hope I clarified myself. :)

Reactions: nephilimiyr
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree with your statement.

And no, I sorta knew order wouldn't be be lost, but felt like asking so I may further see your point. God Bless bro.:)
Well, I can see where in some churches order would definatly be lost. Perhaps, picture a Catholic mass where the Priest announces that mass will not be conducted and then starts preaching like a Jimmy Swaggart and starts talking in tongues. I think I can picture some order being lost. LOL ^_^

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The false doctrine can be introduced subtlely or quickly, no matter in what 'speed' your in, God sees how you react to it (rebuke harshly or rebuke it with smoothness). Hope I clarified myself. :)

Well,to me,a little bit of heated debate is scriptural.Check out Acts 15.

Acts 15:2 And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question.

Dont forget,Paul apposed Peter,to his face,in front of them all.And really,he exposed his hypocrisy pretty blatently.And dont forget,Peter had staus,after all,he was a pillar in the jerusalem church.There is a time to chop at a pillar.NOT saying always,but there is a time and a place for all of our ideas here.

Yes,sure there are vaiables,and sure,we should be polite,whenever possible.

I guess we are all imagining different scenarios.No big deal,makes for an interesting Conversation.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
[I learned in English to automatically write in masculine unless other wise noted, IOW, sis's too :)]

I concur, although we're not related though, the bible still tells me to help you out in your needs (both spiritually and physically if I remember correctly), nevertheless, I shouldn't try to become your shepperd b/c I'm not your (1) Jesus (The ultimate Sheppard), and (2) Not your pastor/mentor. The best for now That I or anyone can be to you (or in general to anyone else) is sibling in Christ. :)
Oh sure, there's brotherly love but there are things that are appropriate and things that aren't. My pastor actually gave a sermon on this topic once where he was teaching about speaking into someone life. If you're not in a position to speak into someone life you should aviod it because alot of times no matter how much the person needs to hear what you have to say, and no matter the good that could come about for that person to hear what you have to say, the messege can get lost because you were not the person who should've relayed the messege, you know what I mean? The right person has to be the one to bring whatever needs to be said to that person.

Let's say it's about a particular sin you know a person is having trouble with. Once hearing you're messege with love and concern, that person can very well be offended in you telling it . If you catch someone in your congregation committing a sin, and you don't know this person very well, it's best to go to the pastor with your concerns for this person. Again, we can't think that just because we are all brothers and sisters on Christ that that gives us a license to say whatever we want to whom ever we want, no matter what the good intentions are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well, I can see where in some churches order would definatly be lost. Perhaps, picture a Catholic mass where the Priest announces that mass will not be conducted and then starts preaching like a Jimmy Swaggart and starts talking in tongues. I think I can picture some order being lost. LOL ^_^

:D LOL

Upvote 0

ComingWitDaBig3

Jus Coming In!!
May 10, 2009
✟7,717.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Oh sure, there's brotherly love but there are things that are appropriate and things that aren't. My pastor actually gave a sermon on this topic once where he was teaching about speaking into someone life. If you're not in a position to speak into someone life you should aviod it because alot of times no matter how much the person needs to hear what you have to say, and no matter the good that could come about for that person to hear what you have to say, the messege can get lost because you were not the person who should've relayed the messege, you know what I mean? The right person has to be the one to bring whatever needs to be said to that person.

Let's say it's about a particular sin you know a person is having trouble with. Once hearing you're messege with love and concern, that person can very well be offended in you telling it . If you catch someone in your congregation committing a sin, and you don't know this person very well, it's best to go to the pastor with your concerns for this person. Again, we can't think that just because we are all brothers and sisters on Christ that that gives us a license to say whatever we want to whom ever we want, no matter what the good intentions are.

Iknow what you mean and I agree, usually the right person is the closest perosn (likewise sometimes not).

Upvote 0

ComingWitDaBig3

Jus Coming In!!
May 10, 2009
✟7,717.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well,to me,a little bit of heated debate is scriptural.Check out Acts 15.

Acts 15:2 And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question.

Dont forget,Paul apposed Peter,to his face,in front of them all.And really,he exposed his hypocrisy pretty blatently.And dont forget,Peter had staus,after all,he was a pillar in the jerusalem church.There is a time to chop at a pillar.NOT saying always,but there is a time and a place for all of our ideas here.

Yes,sure there are vaiables,and sure,we should be polite,whenever possible.

I guess we are all imagining different scenarios.No big deal,makes for an interesting Conversation.

You can look up 1 John to see this idea as well, IOW, with the bit of testing other spirits may imply inevitable contention, heated or not, just to add to what you said :).

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well, he certainly would be out of order and his bishop would tell him so, too.

~Jim
Mercy triumphs over judgment. ~James 2.13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That’s a strange application of the Golden Rule, IMO. It’s more like do unto others "AS" they do unto you (which is revenge), not as you would “have them” do unto you (which is grace).

~Jim

Mercy triumphs over judgment. ~James 2.13

Now , you know that isn't true . If the leader is showing by their example and teachings how things should be done in the group , that is the rule they lay down . Crying that people follow that rule when it comes to them is unfounded . It is not revenge but doing what they are taught .

Just like a leader - do as I say , not as I do - the very definition of hypocracy .

Upvote 0