CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People say I listen to bad songs because I have 2,500 songs on my ipod. Yet they don't realize about 2,400 are actually soundtracks from movies and games. Just music with no lyrics. I love these kinds of songs. They still bring alot of emotion even though no words are spoken.

Upvote 0

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a pretty extensive collection of soundtracks. Being a composer myself, I like to see what others have been doing and get some inspiration for projects I may be working on. The hot topic this week seems to be the BRRRRRRRMMMM sound that Hans Zimmer made for Inception (amazing soundtrack, btw) which has now been resampled many times over for many different movie trailers. The sound was made by opening a piano, putting a book on the sustain pedal and having brass instruments playing into the piano to catch the resonance. It was an incredible idea that yielded an amazing result.

Upvote 0

Bananagator

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Nov 20, 2013
✟14,232.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Ohhh yeah! I like to listen to music when I study and movie soundtracks are absolutely perfect for that.
My favorites:

The Avengers
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
The Prince of Egypt
Iron Man 3
Pirates of the Caribbean
Twilight

And I just cycle through those every time I study. Lol

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

SilverBlade

May 12, 2013
✟16,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Movie soundtracks (or music made for movies) are about the only thing I listen to, on account of most other genres are just plain awful in some way or another (bad rap lyrics, songs being autotuned, the 'demon' growl-type of singing, bad lyrics in metal/rock songs, breakup lyrics, etc...)

I am extremely picky on the kind of music I like. Movie sountracks tend to have everything I like and nothing that ruins a song for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

J.B.

Apr 9, 2010
California
✟8,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am a very big fan of film soundtracks composed by Ennio Morricone, a music composer from Italy that has been active since at least the 1960s or earlier. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Once Upon a Time in the West, Once Upon a Time in America, The Mission, and The Untouchables are some of his most well known scores. The Desert of the Tartars, For a Few Dollars More, A Fistful of Dollars, and The Sicilian Clan are some of my very favorites as well.

Many people may recognize this theme as being from a western. It is from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly:
The Good the Bad and the Ugly (1966) title sequence - YouTube

This is one of my personal favorite pieces, from The Desert of the Tartars. It is a melancholy, sad piece, but very good.
Ennio Morricone - The Desert of the Tartars - La Vestizione E L'Addio - YouTube

Upvote 0

Shstrang98

Mar 12, 2014
✟15,153.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I love em. Varese Sarabande is a great label for soundtrack albums.
I have a few.
The right stuff and north and south
Spellbound several versions
Gone with the wind
Prince purple rain
Prince parade under he cherry moon
Hard to hold
Sound of music
Robocop 2
Practical magic
8 seconds
Star Wars music video DVD. Basically movie footage added to the score; beautiful
Xanadau
Lost horizon Burt Bacharach TV movie sound track
Lawrence of Arabia
North by northwest
Star Trek the motion picture
Twin peaks
Vision quest
Footloose
The craft
Kings row
Digital space. Various symphonic motion picture themes in a rough sounding 1978 digital recording. Great music
Trick or treat
Bright lights big city
Several RCA sound tracks albums some of which have Arthur Fiedler and boston pops and
Charles Gharhart and London symphony
Alien 3
Disney beauty and the beast
Disney fantasia 80's new digital recording

I know I'm forgetting a lot of them but I can't recall them all.
I got a lot of free CDs when I worked in radio and I spent a lot on soundtracks. I'm glad I bought them since most of them are OOP.

If you like you like soundtracks I suggest you google Varese sarabande. Posting a URL is apparently not allowed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Danderson247

Oct 26, 2014
✟7,614.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is my bread and butter right here, people. I've been listening to movie scores since I started listening to the original John Williams STAR WARS trilogy soundtracks on cassette tapes when I was a kid.

I couldn't list all of them here, but let's just say it goes beyond just Hans Zimmer. The movie score, for me, has helped helped me feel closer to God at times as well as taken on incredible journeys that are not told in the movies...

As a filmmaker myself, many stories I have created have been a result of listening to different soundtracks.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
On occasion. I'm completely with the poster above that mentioned John Williams' Star Wars trilogy soundtracks. I also think the Fifth Element soundtrack is fantastic. Other soundtracks I still listen to sometimes are Empire Records and Singles.

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

PixieSunbelle

formerly xladyfayre
Jan 2, 2007
in some fairy forest
✟8,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll listen to Disney songs but not actual soundtracks. I hate words without music. Although, during Dungeons and Dragons we will put on the soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribbean. I just don't see the appeal of music without words. I usually sit and wait for the vocals...

Upvote 0