Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
For the first time in my life I can honestly say I love my job (I am a nanny). I hate that I'm only there for a few more months, but I am *so* thankful for the time I have here. I see myself staying in this field until I finish school and start my career. So another 2-3 years at least.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jaapottery

~Graphed in the vine~
Aug 19, 2012
Wester Drumlins
✟10,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't mind my work, most of the time, but I don't like my bosses. They are not nice and make it very hard to go to work 6 days a week. Also HATE my hours. These are the 2 main reasons I am transferring to a different office. I am a clerk at the post office. I have been a postal worker for 10 years. I could not go anywhere else and make the kind of money I do there. So unless I win the lottery, I'm not going anywhere.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't mind my work, most of the time, but I don't like my bosses. They are not nice and make it very hard to go to work 6 days a week. Also HATE my hours. These are the 2 main reasons I am transferring to a different office. I am a clerk at the post office. I have been a postal worker for 10 years. I could not go anywhere else and make the kind of money I do there. So unless I win the lottery, I'm not going anywhere.

Do you know Cliff Clavin?
cliff-clavin-forget-the-fiscal-cliff-cnbc.jpg

Upvote 0

jaapottery

~Graphed in the vine~
Aug 19, 2012
Wester Drumlins
✟10,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you know Cliff Clavin?
cliff-clavin-forget-the-fiscal-cliff-cnbc.jpg

I was known in circles as Mrs. Cliff Clavin. I was a city carrier for 2 1/2 years in one of the worst areas in Minnesota. I know where all the dealers and hookers are. Even had to walk through a drug deal once to get the house to deliver their mail. Strange days those...

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was known in circles as Mrs. Cliff Clavin. I was a city carrier for 2 1/2 years in one of the worst areas in Minnesota. I know where all the dealers and hookers are. Even had to walk through a drug deal once to get the house to deliver their mail. Strange days those...

You are a strong person!! :hug:

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yes/no?

What do you do?

If you are a student, what are you studying?

If you are currently looking for work, what has peeked your interest?

Do you see yourself doing this for many years, or is it short term?

I sound so nosey.

Not at all. You don't sound nosy ^_^

I don't really have a job. I take various odd jobs. One time, I worked as a janitor that had some fancy, shmancy name lol. Later on, I took the job as a mural painter. I was a student back then until I quit school. I did go back to it, but it was a short term thing just to figure out what I really wanted out of this.

I'm planning to go back to school. I'd like to study in the arts again, despite people's opinions. I made my resolve. I think I can make it. If I starve, I'll starve, but that would be sort of like honoring the past art masters.

If I ever get to work in the arts industry, then yes, I would definitely like to work in it until the day I die.

Upvote 0

Neve

Always even
Jul 27, 2006
Corona
✟14,608.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm a graduate student.

I just quit a part-time job in one law office with a solo practitioner to work in another law office (with two attorneys). The types of cases and the general office practices are very different - the old one did family law, which is a very money hungry field. My new job does "big" cases worth millions of dollars in fraud litigation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

albmuireau

yes/no?

What do you do?

I sound so nosey.

No. I do not like my job...but it pays really well and gives me a lot of time off to do the things I love to do.

I am a correctional officer for the California Department of Corrections and work at a maximum security prison.

I've done a lot of things in my adult life, but I finally settled down in this career about five years ago. I bought a house in 2011, so I'm pretty much here for the long haul.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 21, 2013
✟15,333.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

I am quite interested in getting into the retail field of men's clothing, particularly higher class dress clothes.

Staff discounts would be an advantage also :cool:

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you like your job?

Yes, I like my actual job and responsibilities. I don't care for who I work with or what we do though.

What do you do?

I am a database manager/legal assistant for an environmental law office.

I'm going on year three and I don't see going longer than another year. Then again, I've said that for the past two years so maybe that is just wishful thinking.

I have two reasons for not walking away right now, the first is entirely mercenary. I get paid quite well for what I do and as someone who only holds a high school degree- you are never sure if you can get the next job based on experience and an excellent work history alone. Many employers these days just like the added bonus of someone saying they have a degree.

The second reason is that I have been with this company from their start-up days. It feels very personal to me because of how much effort and history I have because I was here from the beginning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hadassah_

Oct 15, 2011
✟12,839.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No. I don't like my job. I work in the scheduling department for a military hospital. Not only do we deal with grumpy/nasty/mean/rude patients, we also have to perform miracles for the doctors here who need to reschedule an entire day just because. It's frustrating, and the supervisors are no help whatsoever.

I am going to school to be a clinical psychologist and love it. I can't wait to finish so I can do what I enjoy.

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. You don't sound nosy ^_^

I don't really have a job. I take various odd jobs. One time, I worked as a janitor that had some fancy, shmancy name lol. Later on, I took the job as a mural painter. I was a student back then until I quit school. I did go back to it, but it was a short term thing just to figure out what I really wanted out of this.

I'm planning to go back to school. I'd like to study in the arts again, despite people's opinions. I made my resolve. I think I can make it. If I starve, I'll starve, but that would be sort of like honoring the past art masters.

If I ever get to work in the arts industry, then yes, I would definitely like to work in it until the day I die.

I used to do that when I was getting my undergraduate degree. Just had work here and there and I loved it honestly. A lot of it was art related which made me happy.

No. I do not like my job...but it pays really well and gives me a lot of time off to do the things I love to do.

I am a correctional officer for the California Department of Corrections and work at a maximum security prison.

I've done a lot of things in my adult life, but I finally settled down in this career about five years ago. I bought a house in 2011, so I'm pretty much here for the long haul.

Thats really interesting, thank you for sharing.

Yes, I like my actual job and responsibilities. I don't care for who I work with or what we do though.

I am a database manager/legal assistant for an environmental law office.

I'm going on year three and I don't see going longer than another year. Then again, I've said that for the past two years so maybe that is just wishful thinking.

I have two reasons for not walking away right now, the first is entirely mercenary. I get paid quite well for what I do and as someone who only holds a high school degree- you are never sure if you can get the next job based on experience and an excellent work history alone. Many employers these days just like the added bonus of someone saying they have a degree.

The second reason is that I have been with this company from their start-up days. It feels very personal to me because of how much effort and history I have because I was here from the beginning.

I didn't know you had started with them from the beginning. I felt that way when I started working at the school I transfered too. Its a different feeling when you help begin something like that.

If you do leave what do you want to do instead?

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn't know you had started with them from the beginning. I felt that way when I started working at the school I transfered too. Its a different feeling when you help begin something like that.

If you do leave what do you want to do instead?

I think being with anything from the beginning (person, job, home, ministry, etc.) is hard to walk away from. You are just so invested.

I wouldn't mind doing something with either more creativity or more pure geekiness. So maybe a media manager or database structure designer.

Or I would really love to work for a church as a staff member in either administration or children's ministry.

Upvote 0

m.a.r.X

Just keep goin !
May 16, 2012
India
✟14,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I love my work but its a bit too long for my liking. I wish I can work from 9:00am to 5pm not 8:15 am to 7 pm :(

I'm working as a design engineer. I love making stuff. And I have a lot of ideas in my head at the moment but I won't share it with them lol :D I'm afraid that my company rip me off :p
So, I'm keeping all within me until I start a company of my own. :idea:
Yeah, I'm very very selfish :ebil:

Upvote 0
S

SOLDIER ❤

yes/no?

What do you do?

I sound so nosey.

I do like my job... but there are other reasons why at the moment I am very unhappy with it.

I work for the Gov. I'm a secretary.

No I'm not a student, but I was in the past. :p

I have been here for 5 years and I can't say that I want to continue here, but I do like the benefits and it's a pretty secure job.

Upvote 0