Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It took God many centuries to create a woman pure enough to become the mother of God the Son incarnate. She was descended from many of the holiest people. God wouldn't just allow any woman to give birth to Him--His humanity came from His mother. Remember that Christ had a full human nature--otherwise we could not be saved. Only His human mother could provide Him with the human nature. If Mary had declined to do God's will, how many more centuries would it have taken to produce another woman pure enough to provide the human nature for Christ? It's something to think about.

Upvote 0

Godzman

Peace
Sep 8, 2003
Central Bible College
✟18,049.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
katherine2001 said:
It took God many centuries to create a woman pure enough to become the mother of God the Son incarnate. She was descended from many of the holiest people. God wouldn't just allow any woman to give birth to Him--His humanity came from His mother. Remember that Christ had a full human nature--otherwise we could not be saved. Only His human mother could provide Him with the human nature. If Mary had declined to do God's will, how many more centuries would it have taken to produce another woman pure enough to provide the human nature for Christ? It's something to think about.

Look to humans and you will fail, God could have used anything, it was a fullfillment of prophecy, the Prophet Isaiah foretold it, but we are just as important, Mary needed salvation to, she wasn't any better then anyone else.

Oh and just to understand, I am not debating I am just stating what I believe

Upvote 0

Philip

Orthodoxy: Old School, Hard Core Christianity
Jun 23, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟7,106.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Godzman said:
Oh and just to understand, I am not debating I am just stating what I believe

You are debating. Since you are not Orthodox, making statements this particular forum that suggest that Othodox beliefs are incorrect is in violation of the the forum-specific rules:

3) Non-Orthodox and Coptic members (eg. Protestant or Catholic members) can only post fellowship posts here or posts to ask a question regarding Orthodox and Coptic doctrine. Once the question is answered, there shall be no debate over the answer in this forum by the Non-Orthodox or Coptic member. Any debate posts by Non-Orthodox or Coptic members will be deleted or moved to the Interdenominational Doctrine Debate forum. In other words, only Orthodox and Coptic members can debate here.

This thread is closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.