Skreia
✟8,724.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I believe a little in god, but in my own country they get angry for it, so I made this picture of myself to show that I still believe, do you hide a little also?

Attachments

• hifudyghud.jpg
    hifudyghud.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 7

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I think many people "hide". We are supposed to go and loudly and boldly declare Christ to all. However it is only natural that if you are ridiculed or punished for your beliefs, that you would keep them to yourself. Maybe you could start by finding someone you can trust to discuss your beliefs with, it probably isn't necessary to hide from everyone.

BTW very nice drawing!

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I believe a little in god, but in my own country they get angry for it, so I made this picture of myself to show that I still believe, do you hide a little also?

You cannot believe a little in God, you either do or you don't.

From your being here, your posting that you believe a little and your drawing to show that you still do Believe regardless of what others say, I would consider you to be a Christian.

It might be hiding, but it takes courage to profess your Beliefs, accept what you now have and build on it by seeking God.

Praying for you and your situation.

I like your picture, some day you will be able to draw another one showing you not hiding.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Wow, that is really good! :oldthumbsup: You definitely have talent, and how wonderful is it that you would offer your art as a sign of your faith? Very cool.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Reading your O.P. reminded me of…
Mark 9:24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

I don't just believe in God, I know Him quite well. He is awesome beyond all measure. I wish you could have experienced some of the wonderful things that He has shown me in the past 40 odd years. You wouldn't be the same after that. I'm not good at evangelizing. But I do 1 on 1 kind of stuff every now and then.

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The bible says that as far as it is possible we should live at peace with all men. I take this to mean we should not antagonize non-believers. I think it best to be prudent in selecting with whom we share our thoughts and how we do it.

I found the best way to do this is to first see how the person we talk with responds to truth. If they are dogmatic about something that is not truth, I see little reason to share with them (pearls before swine Mat 7:6).

As for yourself there are ways to consider investigating more than just a tentative consideration of God. There are web sites more geared towards inquiry that you might find helpful like;

Christian Pioneer

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have always been the type of person to hide a little, but God is helping me daily to become more courageous. The following event happened yesterday and shows how we sometimes hide our light. (the following is a true event that I pasted on my Facebook page):

My mother always taught us to pray about everything, including believing in the healing of the sick. When I was saved I began to pray for the sick, rather timidly. Managing to reach out from time to time to pray. From this in the past I have seen some success, Jesus healing some people as I have prayed. Recently I was diagnosed with a disease Diverticulitis, a bowel disease, that has no cure. I had to go to the hospital today, for some tests. As I arrived at the hospital, I wondered if I should pray for people there, but my courage was quite low, I was not sure how to pray in an environment with so many sick, or did not have a lot of courage. You might say “Why pray when you yourself are sick?”, but I believe in prayer, and will not stop due to being sick myself. As I check myself in there was a man at the door with me, and a sick woman was wheeled into the room, I did not have the courage to ask them if I could pray for them, maybe I should have. So I said, “LORD forgive me for not having the courage to pray for these people in person, but could your healing power touch them.” I was then called in for my test. I went through the testing procedure. When I came out the same man was there who had been there when I was at the door. He started a conversation with me and said to me “I don’t know what has happened, but I no longer have Diverticulitis, the tests showed it has just vanished”. He was questioning in his heart what had happened. Looking back on the situation I think maybe, just maybe, the LORD answered my simple prayer at the door. For me this is an encouragement to as the bible says:

Php 4:6 Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God.

I probably worry too much about what people “think”, but God is good all the same.

Upvote 0

mart1994

Sep 6, 2021
friesland
✟8,305.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey i have seen you massage.
A little believer or young believer is the best situation you can be in. Becouse you will learn a lot if you read or listen to the bible.
The bible is quite clear and says "go out and make all nations me known"
If you want you can start asking biblical questions with people you know are cristian.
For you to grow in your faith and for them to think over what they already know.
Dont worry about going out and make him known, first learn and grow.
Let me know how it goes.
For more questions:
inyeshuasfootsteps@gmail.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skreiaberg

Jul 22, 2021
Skreia
✟8,724.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Wow, that is really good! :oldthumbsup: You definitely have talent, and how wonderful is it that you would offer your art as a sign of your faith? Very cool.

Thanks lot I just like to make some pictures sometimes^^

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I'm not particularly shy about my faith but I'm in an area I'm not facing any harm for doing so either.

The Bible doesn't say we are all born to be like Paul, preaching in the public square. We, as Christians, all have different gifts it's just a matter of utilizing those gifts for God's purposes for the edification of, and building of, His church.

That is sometimes just sharing Christ with the odd person or two we know who seem curious about or are needing to know more about Christ when the opportunity is there to do so. Underground churches thrive and grow under just those conditions.

As for being the light of Christ to the world - there's no need of words for that. Just follow Christ and the Apostles and the world will recognize your faith for what it is, and they will ask questions about it.

Upvote 0