Do you have the feeling that the Rapture is just around the corner???

tacdon

May 14, 2014
✟15,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The pre trib rapture was given to increase church attendance , offering people "fire insurance salvation" the truth is the church will go thru the tribulation, it will be purified by fire, God will winnow the wheat, separate the sheep and goats, read these scriptures:

Matthew 25:31-46
New International Version (NIV)
The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
◄ 1 Peter 1 ►
New International Version
1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

Praise to God for a Living Hope

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

10Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

Be Holy

13Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”a

17Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. 18For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

22Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.b 23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24For,

“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25but the word of the Lord endures forever.”c
And this is the word that was preached to you.

◄ Matthew 13 ►
New International Version
The Parable of the Sower

1That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9Whoever has ears, let them hear.”

10The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

11He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
14In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’a
16But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

18“Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

The Parable of the Weeds

24Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27“The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28“ ‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29“ ‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’ ”

The Parables of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast

31He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. 32Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”

33He told them still another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty poundsb of flour until it worked all through the dough.”

34Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable. 35So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet:

“I will open my mouth in parables,
I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”c
The Parable of the Weeds Explained

36Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.”

37He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40“As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl

44“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.

45“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

The Parable of the Net

47“Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

51“Have you understood all these things?” Jesus asked.

“Yes,” they replied.

52He said to them, “Therefore every teacher of the law who has become a disciple in the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old.”

A Prophet Without Honor

53When Jesus had finished these parables, he moved on from there. 54Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. “Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?” they asked. 55“Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? 56Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” 57And they took offense at him.

But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town and in his own home.”

58And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.

Well I hope you're wrong, I'd rather not go through the tribulation period.

Upvote 0

tacdon

May 14, 2014
✟15,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well Israel is represented as the fig tree in the prophets.

Luke 21:29-31
29 He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

Did you notice that it says fig tree and ALL THE TREES

If fig tree represents Israel then what do ALL THE TREES represent?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A preacher might of said that, but where in the bible does it say it?

Like I said a preacher said that. The church is the Bride of Christ, the Bible says that. To me doesn't sound like My God pouring out His wrath on His bride. like I said make sense to me.

However the tribulation it does say two will be working in the field and one will be taken. Taken where? and in a twinkling of an eye we will be called up in the clouds with Jesus.

Upvote 0

tacdon

May 14, 2014
✟15,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Like I said a preacher said that. The church is the Bride of Christ, the Bible says that. To me doesn't sound like My God pouring out His wrath on His bride. like I said make sense to me.

However the tribulation it does say two will be working in the field and one will be taken. Taken where? and in a twinkling of an eye we will be called up in the clouds with Jesus.

Yes, it does say that two will be working in a field and one will be taken. This will happen, but when will it happen is the question.

Hopefully, it will be before the tribulation.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it does say that two will be working in a field and one will be taken. This will happen, but when will it happen is the question.

Hopefully, it will be before the tribulation.

Hopefully indeed because the tribulation is going to be rough stuff. Much of the population of the world will not survive, and most or all sea life will be wiped along with a 3rd of the vegetation if i'm not mistaken.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Give me the verses.

Here's one:

Hosea 9:10
“When I found Israel, it was like finding grapes in the desert; when I saw your ancestors, it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree"

Also note that the finding of grapes in the desert too is a prophecy of Israel's return, the desert there is now blooming.

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tacdon

May 14, 2014
✟15,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Here's one:

Hosea 9:10
“When I found Israel, it was like finding grapes in the desert; when I saw your ancestors, it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree"

LUKE 21:29-21:31
9 He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

This is the bible verse that people use to say that Israel becoming a nation was a sign that God is getting closer to coming back.

If you look at the verse it says FIG TREE and ALL THE TREES. If you say that Israel is the fig tree in this verse then what are ALL THE TREES?

You would have to say that ALL THE TREES represent countries. It just doesn't make sense.

The verse was not talking about Israel becoming a nation. It was saying that when you see all these things taking place then you know the time is near, some of these things were wars and rumors of wars.

Jesus could be coming back one second from now or he could come back 500 years from now.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The tribulation is the wrath of God, does God have wrath towards His Bride? A preach said the wrath of God is not for His bride, you don't beat up your bride before the wedding. Makes sense to me.

Revelation 16:1
Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go, pour out the seven bowls of God’s wrath on the earth.”

I hope the church is not going through God's wrath, it seems awful and awfully strange. Why would God pour out his wrath on the church that is earnestly seeking the date of his appearing and looking forward to it? Wrath has not purpose for the redeemed, we are not objects of wrath:

1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

We will be saved from, not through, the day of God's wrath!

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 16:1
Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go, pour out the seven bowls of God’s wrath on the earth.”

I hope the church is not going through God's wrath, it seems awful and awfully strange. Why would God pour out his wrath on the church that is earnestly seeking the date of his appearing and looking forward to it? Wrath has not purpose for the redeemed, we are not objects of wrath:

1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

We will be saved from, not through, the day of God's wrath!

It makes sense to me. If we read the Bible it is clear as you said God's wrath is not for His children, He has no wrath towards us only forgiveness and mercy. His wrath has been for the ungodly. We see this in the flood and in sodom to name a couple, God in both cases spared the righteous and took His wrath on the ungodly. We are made righteous by Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

charles1014

May 3, 2014
Home
✟15,235.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just have this feeling (I am kinda iffy if it's from the Lord/Holy Spirit or not) that we could be going home before the month is over. And, several other believers across the internet seem to have the same feeling. Just wondering what you guys think. Not trying to get any validation or anything just wanted to see what you guys on Christian Forums feel.
If the Lord was to call us home before the end of the month, I would say Amen! I am tired of this world because it is not my home and it sure doesn't want me here either. The world is growing close to accepting the Anti-Christ because if they can fall for a man like Obama, it is very evident that it will fall for just about anything else.

We do not know the time nor the hour of His coming, but we can see the signs and what you see are the signs. We know the world is ready and we see the world does not have a clue, nor do they wish too. Just as the angels told Lot to get himself out of Sodom with his family, so too are we being told. Get your family prepared and pray that they do not see you as one mocking, as Lot's family did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Immorality among people is nothing new, neither is the mercy of God to forgive all who come to him. We have all sinned and all who call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

What is now new is that immorality is officially sanctioned by nations, churches and governments. National leaders and church leaders standing up saying and putting into law that immorality is now moral. Evil has been officially labelled as good and good as evil.

It is this IMO that means that the return of the Lord and the judgement of God are at the door.

What can we do? Repent, walk more closely with God, stand firm, share the good news of the gospel with others. Live each day as though it was our last here, because one day soon the trumpet will sound.

God Bless You:)

I fully agree, Lismore. Sin is found in all of us. What I was alluding to is how much worse it has gotten through the advancement of technology. Not that violence and brutality wasn't found in us, prior to millions of people witnessing sick, brutal acts on TV, or in movies. I think there would still be
heinous acts done, had TV or the net not been invented. However, I think the witnessing of sinful acts, has spread it worldwide.

I've noticed this as well! And the Bible states that what is bad will become good, and vice versa in the end times. I've been around for over 40 years now, and I can't believe the changes, especially in regards to what is permitted to be shown on TV and on the silver screen.

The dumbing down of society has never been more prevalent, or more obvious than now.

I'm trying to repent. I've lived most of my life, living without religion.
I did have a good idea, what was sin and what wasn't, knowing a little
from what my parent's had told me. Still, I didn't know a third as much as I do know now.

Sharing the gospel isn't easy. There are a lot of unbelievers in my family, and some other people I know. They just don't want to hear me "preaching to them". It's hard to get a point through to someone, who really doesn't want to know the truth.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It makes sense to me. If we read the Bible it is clear as you said God's wrath is not for His children, He has no wrath towards us only forgiveness and mercy. His wrath has been for the ungodly. We see this in the flood and in sodom to name a couple, God in both cases spared the righteous and took His wrath on the ungodly. We are made righteous by Jesus Christ.

I agree.

Jesus took the wrath for us on the cross, all the horrendous suffering he went through. God made him who knew no sin to be sin for us so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

The wrath of God will not be directed towards us! :clap:

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sharing the gospel isn't easy. There are a lot of unbelievers in my family, and some other people I know. They just don't want to hear me "preaching to them". It's hard to get a point through to someone, who really doesn't want to know the truth.

To encourage you there were many in my family that we despaired for.

My grandfather was an alcoholic, communist party member and gambling addict. He found salvation in Jesus Christ before he went to be with the Lord. Amazing for all who knew him.

My auntie found the Lord in the 1980s, her husband was angry and resistant towards the gospel for nearly 30 years. But he accepted the Lord at a meeting in 2012.

With man it seems impossible but with God all things are possible.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
To encourage you there were many in my family that we despaired for.

My grandfather was an alcoholic, communist party member and gambling addict. He found salvation in Jesus Christ before he went to be with the Lord. Amazing for all who knew him.

My auntie found the Lord in the 1980s, her husband was angry and resistant towards the gospel for nearly 30 years. But he accepted the Lord at a meeting in 2012.

With man it seems impossible but with God all things are possible.

I've tried to get through to my parent's, and think I have to a point. They still don't want to hear about religion too much, or often. I know my Mother works hard all day at her job, on the computer. And she is in her early sixties now.

My Dad has an awful disease with RA and says to me that he wouldn't be able to pick up and read the Bible. He/ and my Mom are only so tolerant to listen to the religious talk I bring up, when I do. Then my Mother will say " that's enough religion for now".

I'm happy that you were able to get through to some of your family members, Lismore!:) A lot of mine, I don't think would ever want to
listen. All I think I can do for them is pray for them to be saved.

Upvote 0
A

Awaken4Christ

Prepare for the worst. For thousands of years, Christians have been persecuted. Not everywhere, all the time, but the point is....

Don't assume you will be raptured up before all the atrocities and deceptions have been implemented. I think persecution is coming....but the Kingdom is coming too AMEN!

It feels like we are getting closer to the end.

Matthew 24:36
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only."

Upvote 0