Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This was a question I was asked about an hour ago.

Life has been going very well for me recently; many major prayers have been answered, I'm living with some friends for the summer, and I've felt remarkably close to God throughout this period of great blessings. (Thank you, God!) Today, after another good day, I wanted to go to the Church to pray in front of the tabernacle; my roommate went to bed early, and I wanted to spend some time with my lover (a term I use for God; it helps save me from loneliness!).

Since pictures were being taken for the Church directory, I could go inside the Church, instead of sitting in the drainage ditch in front of it like I was planning. So, I walk in, expecting the chapel to be empty as usual. But when I walk in, I see someone who's not in a pew, but sitting directly in front of the tabernacle. I recognize him as JP, a parishioner who's currently studying to become a priest.

I thought about just kneeling at a pew, but felt that I should go sit next to him. So, I go up, and join him in front of the tabernacle. He smiles at me, I smile back, and we sit for awhile in blessed silence. I was just smiling, saying some prayers, but trying to just take in God's presence.

As I expected, he talked to me after a little while. Among the things he said was, "Do you have any idea why you might be a gift?" I replied, uncertainly, "That's not a question I've ever been asked before..." We laughed a little, and he continued: "When I was praying the Rosary, the Lord told me that I'd receive a gift today, and I was wondering if you knew why you might be one. Do you have any idea why the Lord brought us together here?"

I don't know; I didn't have any idea. My mind was blank, just strangely thankful for this experience, as I still am. I do appreciate seeing other people praying in the empty Church, and I've been hoping for awhile that I'd be able to talk a bit with someone there. Still, even after more prayer & a Rosary of my own, I don't know why I would've been a gift, or why I was brought to JP this evening. I have some general ideas; it's always good to see other devoted Christians, to have someone to pray with, to see someone else revering God in such an unnecessary but spiritually nourishing way. But why would I be a gift in some special way? I felt that I should come here to ask.

And if you were in this situation, what would you say?

May God bless us all, though all our prayers & conversations!