Do you have a promise for what you're facing?

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
I agree that there is much to learn from sacred texts that speak of God, including the Bible, with which I'm very familiar. While they may not all agree on all the details across the board (and in many cases even within themselves), the overall point seems to be that there is a God (or that whom we call "God"), that we keep going after our physical bodies go kaput, and that Love is All. I know (based on how I felt about it during my avidly-Christian past) that what I'm saying sounds like rather disappointing, lovey-dovey, new-agey word-salad, but I also believe that human language has a very hard time effectively conveying all that our Sweet Lord is about.

-

-

Yes, there is much to learn about Jehovah and love is the prime quality he wishes to instill in us. The bible and creation, tells us that is what God is. He is the very personification of love. Everything he does is motivated by love and he wants us to imitate him in this respect.

1 John 4:7 "Beloved ones, let us continue loving one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born from God and knows God. Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love."

Ephesians 5:1 "Therefore, become imitators of God. . ."

Matthew 22:39 "The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself."

He gave us language so that not only could we communicate with each other, but that we could communicate him and he with us. The bible is his way of communicating the answers to some of the most important "why" questions I mentioned in post #18 above. Because nature cannot answer these questions, he has provided a book, The Bible" in almost every language on earth today, so that all mankind can find the satisfying answers to life's most asked and important questions. These answers provide a certain and sure hope for the future.

Be safe and well,
LB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Creation is a most wonderful book to read, but it only goes so far in satisfying our need to know. It doesn't provide the answers to some of mankind's most asked questions.
  • What is God's personal name?
  • What is his purpose for the earth and mankind?
  • Why are we here and were are we going?
  • Why is there suffering in the world and will it ever end?
  • Why do we grow old, get sick and die?
  • Will we ever see our dead loved ones again?
  • Is living forever on the earth really possible? And many more.
We will not find the answers to these most important questions in creation itself, but only in the pages of the bible.
I think it all depends upon how a person inters the wisdom the leaf offers. If it's coming from a place of non-duality, the leaf can offer answers to each and every one of the questions posed. This is the arena of the mystics, which I know most here in this forum do not understand. But when the Life Force of God is experienced within this Creation, the vista has a way of looking quite differently with the Word of God becoming alive and vibrant even in the leaf of a tree.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
He gave us language so that not only could we communicate with each other, but that we could communicate him and he with us. The bible is his way of communicating the answers to some of the most important "why" questions I mentioned in post #18 above. Because nature cannot answer these questions, he has provided a book, The Bible" in almost every language on earth today, so that all mankind can find the satisfying answers to life's most asked and important questions. These answers provide a certain and sure hope for the future.
More accurately, the bible is one way of communicating answers to some questions. In addition to nature, there are many sacred texts that provide insight into things and answer questions. Of course, it's natural that Christians will say The Bible is what we should turn to, just as Muslims will say the Quran is the what we should turn to, and Hindus will say the Vedas are what we should turn to. Much like every parent thinks theirs is the cutest baby. :) What else can one do but nod politely at that and carry on? :)

-

Reactions: awitch
Upvote 0

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
More accurately, the bible is one way of communicating answers to some questions. In addition to nature, there are many sacred texts that provide insight into things and answer questions. Of course, it's natural that Christians will say The Bible is what we should turn to, just as Muslims will say the Quran is the what we should turn to, and Hindus will say the Vedas are what we should turn to. Much like every parent thinks theirs is the cutest baby. :) What else can one do but nod politely at that and carry on? :)

-

H again RayJeena,

Correction, the bible Is the only true and accurate way Jehovah God, our creator, communicates the answers to the questions posed above. :)

The bible is unique amongst books.

4min video > https://www.jw.org/en/library/books...-news-in-the-bible-from-god/video-bible-true/

3min video > https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/request-a-visit/video-why-study-the-bible/

Stay safe and well,
LB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
H again RayJeena,

Correction, the bible Is the only true and accurate way Jehovah God, our creator, communicates the answers to the questions posed above. :)

The bible is unique amongst books.

4min video > https://www.jw.org/en/library/books...-news-in-the-bible-from-god/video-bible-true/

3min video > https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/request-a-visit/video-why-study-the-bible/

Stay safe and well,
LB
Again, this is what would, of course, be believed and taught within Christianity, which is, as I said, totally natural.
Thank you for sharing, though!

-

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
When I look at the questions posed, what I've found is that many of the answers that I've come to understand as truth is different than what Christians have been taught. It's been my experience that God is way too big to fit into any single sacred text or religion.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,452.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Maybe it's a difficulty, illness, or hardship. Or perhaps it's a season where things are going good and you're happy and life is blessed. Either way, this is what the apostle Peter wrote:

"Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (1 Peter 1:1-4)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your challenge is to post a verse or promise from God's Word that correlates with what you are experiencing at this moment in your life.

Could there be a gold corn in this song?

At least it is about what is not promised.

Or what?

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,452.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Or what?

I have not heard this song for years but suddenly it came to me.

I checked it out, did not realize it was so popular,
at least when it first came out.

Though it may well be the one she is remembered by.

Nevertheless, it may have a purpose to serve.

Upvote 0

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness

Or what?

Gosh, that's an oldie.

Fortunately, regardless of what Lynne Anderson promised, God did promise mankind something far better than a rose garden, he promised paradise.

Genesis 2:8 "Further, Jehovah God planted a garden in Eʹden, toward the east; and there he put the man whom he had formed."

God gave Adam the mandate to spread this paradise home to all corners of the earth.

Genesis 1:28 "Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”

This purpose of God will unfailingly be fulfilled and is still the promise held out to all faithful mankind.

Isaiah 55:11 "So my word that goes out of my mouth will be. It will not return to me without results, But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight, And it will have sure success in what I send it to do.

Psalms 37:10-29 "Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. . .The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it"

Jesus confirmed: Matthew 5:5 "Happy are the meek, because they shall inherit the earth"

Jesus also confirmed this to the criminal executed alongside himself.

Luke 23:43 "Then he said: “Jesus, remember me when you get into your Kingdom.” And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”
> https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1991767?q=be+with+me+in+paradise&p=par#h=2

Yes, Jehovah's mandate to Adam will still be fully accomplished. The original Paradise of Eden restored earth-wide, very, very soon.

3min video: https://www.jw.org/en/library/books...did-god-create-the-earth/video-gods-creation/

Stay safe and well.
LB

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,452.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Gosh, that's an oldie.

Fortunately, regardless of what Lynne Anderson promised, God did promise mankind something far better than a rose garden, he promised paradise.

Genesis 2:8 "Further, Jehovah God planted a garden in Eʹden, toward the east; and there he put the man whom he had formed."

God gave Adam the mandate to spread this paradise home to all corners of the earth.

Genesis 1:28 "Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”

This purpose of God will unfailingly be fulfilled and is still the promise held out to all faithful mankind.

Isaiah 55:11 "So my word that goes out of my mouth will be. It will not return to me without results, But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight, And it will have sure success in what I send it to do.

Psalms 37:10-29 "Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. . .The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it"

Jesus confirmed: Matthew 5:5 "Happy are the meek, because they shall inherit the earth"

Luke 23:43 "Then he said: “Jesus, remember me when you get into your Kingdom.” And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”
> https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1991767?q=be+with+me+in+paradise&p=par#h=2

Yes, Jehovah's mandate to Adam will still be fully accomplished. The original Paradise of Eden restored earth-wide, very, very soon.

3min video: https://www.jw.org/en/library/books...did-god-create-the-earth/video-gods-creation/

Stay safe and well.
LB

There is no promise of an on rails to get there,''
the road can be bumpy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Gosh, that's an oldie.

Stay safe and well.
LB
I'm left wondering what the original Paradise of Eden actually looked like.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,452.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm left wondering what the original Paradise of Eden actually looked like.

Paradise/heaven/garden of Eden is considered by some to be a resting place for the soul,

until the day of ressurection and the face of the earth will be renewed.

If it is as fantastic as my first trip to sea, then count me in.
:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,452.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Indeed. But it'll worth the trip to get there. :)

4 min video > https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODBibleTeachings/pub-jwbcov_201505_11_VIDEO

Stay safe and well,
LB

I see no reason to jump ship,

the ship's Master has always been good to me.

In fact there is a warning in the text of the song;

"You better look before you leap, still waters run deep and there will not be always someone there to pull you out."

You could try your luck among those "on the beach".
:)

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.

Simon means hearing, bar jonah means son of dove

All things were delivered to me by my Father, and none doth know the Son, except the Father, nor doth any know the Father, except the Son, and he to whom the Son may wish to reveal Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
John 3:18 ESV Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Since I don't believe anymore I guess the promise I'm facing from God is condemnation, thanks God!
Flesh and Blood interpretations don't count because they are already condemned. If the Son is the Lord and thus the highest principle of reality then only in this do we have life. The Bible speaks of spiritual reality. So a belief is both mind and will. We should not lower the bible to silly ideas that keep us condemned.

Those that do not abide in eternity can be nothing but dust because to be a creature is to hardly exist at all. It's like a finger that got chopped off from the rest of the body. It's bad metaphysics.

North, east, south, west, up, down. 6 is the number of man. God is the centre. Keep the Sabbath holy. God is the rest of man. Each enters into that rest as much as they actually do.

To be condemned is a natural part of the spiritual process of this life, It's the first adam. But the older son will serve the younger.

Last edited:
Upvote 0