Briseis

Senior Veteran
Jan 31, 2006
✟10,555.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When you go out with your bf, or gf I guess but not as likely guys would do this, do you try to dress and look your best solely to make them look better? Whenever we go out in public, to dinner, a movie, shopping, I almost always prepare myself keeping mind how it will reflect on my bf. I dont think I'm totally hot, but decently attractive, so that if I try my best, having me next to him will make him look better. That if ppl notice me, they might have an idea of how awesome my bf is to have me with him.

Am I completely insane or has anyone else ever done this?

waxlion10

Just shut up and be delicious- Dwight
Mar 27, 2006
United States
Visit site
✟10,368.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I dress up when we go out.
When I do, it's because I want him to know that I think he deserves the effort. I want him to think I'm hot, beautiful, pretty, sexy, cute, whatever.

He thanks me for it, too; he knows I hate dressing up, and when I do it for him? It makes me that much more attractive to him not just because my hair's done and I'm not wearing sweats, but because of the extra sacrifice I've made.

He loves when other guys check me out when we're in public because he's like, "Yup, that's right, she's mine." It makes him proud to be my boyfriend.

P.S. I never notice the other guys, so I think he makes this up :p

Upvote 0

RachieCat

~~Pisces~~
Jun 7, 2008
✟16,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't dressed up in the manner for which you're asking with present boyfriend but may have with the other one because he was a tshirt and old jeans type where my guy now is dressy and puts alot into how he looks. We both do,pretty similar in our styles.

Reactions: SparkyMaddie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
yeah i do think about what to wear when i go out with my SO. I'm concerned with how people view us if i wear something not matching...for eg..me tshirt and jeans and her something abit more formal. So yes, i do think of what to wear based on what we're going to do.

Upvote 0
Jul 10, 2008
USA
✟7,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I really never think about what other will think about me... I just want to get dressed up for him and make sure my hair and makeup and clothes look nice. It's kind of funny because he rarely rarely does the same for me unless it's an obvious "fancy" date like an anniversary, valentine's, or birthday. :p But all the same I like to dress up for HIM.

Upvote 0

Briseis

Senior Veteran
Jan 31, 2006
✟10,555.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I really never think about what other will think about me... I just want to get dressed up for him and make sure my hair and makeup and clothes look nice. It's kind of funny because he rarely rarely does the same for me unless it's an obvious "fancy" date like an anniversary, valentine's, or birthday. :p But all the same I like to dress up for HIM.

Yeah, my bf too. He's a bit of a slob dresser. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
My heart is in Hong Kong...
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Wow... you just described me in the OP, except I'm single. However, I LOVE dressing up for a particular guy I'm hanging out with because I know he would appreciate it and I want to make him look good. He lacks confidence so I want him to be able to tell the public that he's hanging out with someone dressed nicely. You're totally not weird for this. If I could do it for a guy I'm just hanging out with, I'd do it even more for my future boyfriend. :)

Upvote 0