Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
kh77 said:
"In the desert", wilderness experience, trials, tribulations and the like..., whatever one may call it, all of us have gone through it...

Personally, the most comforting thing when going through the desert, is Romans 8:28, ALL things work together for good... and I suppose that includes those things caused by our disobedience, the devil or whatever the cause is, known or unknown...
Amen, if we hold onto that we always know that he is Jehovah Rapha. He holds all of our experiences in his hands, and he makes even bitter things sweet.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I should explain myself better. I started this thread on your experiences of the deserts that can come in your life without making in plain that in all this I do praise the Lord at all times, for he is worthy. I used to praise the Lord even before I became a Christian because I thought if there was a God, he would be worthy of it regardless of my status in Him. LOL. But, I just wanted you to know that He is worthy to be praised no matter what. I've read on some of these posts that deserts aren't backed up by scripture, and I have no right to interceed for myself or others without God's o.k.

I thought thats what we we're called to do."with all prayers, intercessions, and supplications, is the way I read it.:clap:

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

I'm not saying we do not go through trials and trib. but the desert is a no-no. Everything I posted is word base. Let's start with the desert. Heb chap. 3-7-11 read it. Do you not hear his voice, do you harden your heart, do you provoked him, do you test him, do you go astray in your heart. "THEN YOU CAN NOT ENTER MY REST"! Do you really think that the desert is a smart confession from ones mouth. You are what you eat so to say. I will not eat the dust of the desert. Heb. 11-40 "because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they should not be made PERFECT". Do not draw back to that place.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying we do not go through trials and trib. by the desert
I did not intend on it to turn out to be straining at gnats and swollowing camels over my choice of a word to describe how it feels to go through these times. That was my choice. I did not say that my use of this particular word was in the scriptures. Please just look at the word as a metaphor.

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ too

Apr 8, 2003
Ohio
✟660.00
Faith
Christian
enoch son said:
God gave me a revelation over this. For what it's worth. It took man 40 yr's in the desert to do what Christ did in 40 day's. Reason so we who are born of Him do not have to go there.
I think you may not yet understand that Trish1947 didn't mean an actual desert. It is a description of part of your relationship with Christ. We are not eating desert dust :) . We are spirit filled christians! If you yourself have not went through a time where you must walk completely by faith and not by sight - your time may come when you have to. Then you will still praise God and believe, because you love God and He loves you! This is what Trish means.

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
I think we all know that she meant going through a dry spell, or feeling as if our prayers went no higher than the ceiling. We have all been there, no one enjoys a desert feeling, whether it is called trials and tribs or dry spells.
I love the revelation that enoch son shared.

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

One must change one's words no matter how simple you think they might be. If you insult the son it is a sin and onto the cross it goes. And by me writting this I just put another one on Him. Take it my Lord forgive me. The fruits of the Spirit are live and peace to say anything else is of sin isn't it? That God did not do what He said He did? It seems to me that man has taught this wrong way of thinking to long. For some reason man teaches faith of Heb. 11 as our faith, that is a lie. That is man's faith. "FROM FAITH TO FAITH". We have the perfect faith Heb. 12-2 "LET US FIX OUR EYES ON JESUS, THE AUTHOR AND PERFECTER OF OUR FAITH, WHO FOR THE JOY SET BEFORE HIM ENDURED THE CROSS, SCORNING IT'S SHAME, (GLORY TO GOD), AND SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE THRONE OF GOD". This is our faith, perfect. I'm trying to show you all the fast track out of the quagmirer the pulpit has taught. It is grace not works. You can not get out of it by beliver more or praying more or doing more. SIMPLY BELIEVE! For our God is a rewarder not a punisher of those who believe Him and take Him at His word. God bless you all.

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ too

Apr 8, 2003
Ohio
✟660.00
Faith
Christian
1 Peter 4
12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:scripture to show what we are talking about. James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for anothe, that ye may be healed . The effectual fervant prayer of a rightous man availeth much. You say God has shown you not to use the word desert and that's all good. God has not prohibited me from using that word. From reading your post I know that you are aware of the types and shadows of the OT are to demonstrate the truth in the NT. The thing could be narrowed down to language and terminology, so for your sake I will not make reference of a desert feeling again. In hopes that you get the gist of this thread I will just make reference to 1Peter chapter 4. This is a fellowship thread and I have really enjoyed the fellowship here and I was certainly understanding the topic of the thread. I didn't feel there would be debate over a word used - but there has been. The Bible also teaches faith without works is dead, because of your faith works are kind of automatically present. Much Love in Christ Jesus and God Bless

Reactions: mle
Upvote 0

mle

4lifeinchrist
Dec 28, 2003
Squamish
✟11,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you. I lean on that verse. It is the truth.
There are times when I have felt that God was not near. Was it because of my sin? Was I being obedient? Was I His humble servant? All these questions cross my mind, as I'm sure they did yours as you were in that place of "desert". What about Job? He had the "desert" experience when he went through his tramatic experiences. He didn't have sin in his life. He was in right standing with God when his troubles began.
David on the other hand, felt far away from God because of his sin.
Psalm 38:10
Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.
David was honest with God about how he felt and he knew sin was coming between him and God. I love the way David called out to God without holding anything back. He was in a dry and weary land where there was no water. Most definately a desert.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
*Mod Hat On*

It is the desire of the originator of this thread that this be a thread of sharing times of dryness and the things we learn when we are there and how to come out of the dryness. It is requested that there be no debating. . .PERIOD.

Jesus said "I will never leave you", however, in learning to die to self, it is frequently difficult to get those emotions beat down into the sand. I believe every one of us have had times where we wondered "where are you God?". That is part of the process of growing closer to Him.

We can be an incourager or a discourager. . .let's aim at incouraging.

*Mod Hat Off*

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ too

Apr 8, 2003
Ohio
✟660.00
Faith
Christian
enoch son said:
I see nothing but old Test. examples. We have a better covenant!
Would you read my last post in which I gave you NT scriptures? During times of trials we should be in prayer one for another, because the effectual prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif

[updown]NO DEBATING [/updown]

hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would like to share how God will use you when you are in a "dry" place. Believe me, IT HAS BEEN DRY!! Last week a friend of mine was over at the ocean, and she was knocked off these rocks from a huge wave. Her head swelled up like a ballon from her brain swelling, her kidney was damaged, her lungs were damaged, her liver was damaged, and surgery was being ordered by the doctor, and she had to have 8 pts. of blood. The doctor made the comment that she would have been better off if she had been shot. She was a horrible mess. God moved on me to interceded for her, and she was on my mind constantly. I didn't pray any long "moving" prayers, I just asked God to touch her, and deliver her from this situation, and make her whole again. Guess what? She is coming home from the hospital this week, and the doctor said that it is a miracle that she is recovering at this fast rate. No surgery required, because everything has gone back to almost normal at this point.
When we are in this "desert" part of our walk, it is easy to go into a complaining, God doesn't love me routine. DON'T GIVE INTO IT. Be pliable in the hands of our Saviour, because you never know when He will call on you to do something to help someone else. We should be "reigning", instead of "complaining". God Bless, BHG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
By His GraceI would like to share how God will use you when you are in a "dry" place. Believe me, IT HAS BEEN DRY!!
Now there is a perfect example of how God can move even when you are in that dry place, she didnt consider herself, but others. This seems to "lift" that feeling when you bring someone else that has a need before God.

Upvote 0

mle

4lifeinchrist
Dec 28, 2003
Squamish
✟11,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By His Grace, what an awesome praise report and a wonderful testimony of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus. I am here praising and thanking God with you.

Sometimes I have felt "dry" because of my disobedience. It may be something very small, well small to me, but not small to God. I know He will never leave me nor forsake me no matter what I do but for him to abide in this temple(me) it must come into line with what He says. I'm not talking about works here, Jesus's blood is more than enough for me. I'm talking about my pride(stiff neck/hard heart) causing a distance, that I have created between me and God. Oh thank you Lord that you LOVE me in spite of myself.

There was a time, not too long ago I felt that I was distant from God and I didn't know why. God is faithful and I knew He would bring me though it. I am not moved by what I see or how I feel, I am moved by what the Word tells me about myself. At the same time there is a huge amount of discomfort that goes along with living through those times where ones heart is not content.

What if we never felt that way? It would be easier to not press in, digg deeper and seek His face. Without that closeness felt when one is in constant communion with God there is an awful emptiness.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.