Do you enjoy playing as a man or woman in games?

MJ Bond

Apr 19, 2012
✟18,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm already a guy in real life, and to be honest, staring at a dude's butt all day in games gets kinda boring after awhile. If said game is third person, in any case. So what I do is I use games to show off female characters that I think are cool. I'm into many different things, anime, visual novels, you name it, so what I do is show off cool and obscure characters that pretty much no one else knows. Then if someone asks me about my character, I can introduce them to the story. I consider it free advertising. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thinking about it even more, at heart I hate for lack of better words being a sheep. I like to be different. If most people play as men, I'll play as a woman. If most people use assault rifles, I'll use a sniper rifle. If most like blue, I'll like red. lol. Maybe I'm a rebel at heart lol.

Upvote 0

Ferazhin

Jul 24, 2014
US
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I generally play guys to escape the blatant sexism & harassment. I also tend to play attractive male characters for my own personal enjoyment of the game.

Most games tend to have a male protagonist so I have no problem playing male toons. However I abhor playing "fanservice" female characters.

(Oddly enough on one hand, yet hardly surprising on the other, most of the "mailbox dancers" I've talked to in WoW are younger guys playing women as horrid [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] stereotypes.)

In regards to Lex' comment: Most of us tend to play games as an escape from jerks IRL, not just 1 gender or another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It really depends on the game. I'm boring in that, when I play games with a character creation aspect, I usually model the character after myself. So, therefore, it's almost always male. When there's no option, though, I prefer games where you play as a female (or as an equal or greater ratio of female-to-male characters if the perspective shifts) just because women are underrepresented as default protagonists in video games.

Upvote 0