Do you enjoy playing as a man or woman in games?

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...that whole chest is showing skin...
True. Sadly most things in that game cost money unless you know how to build them. These pictures were also from early on when I was still searching for better clothing at the free shops in game. Eventually I found a better top that didn't expose anything. I didn't take screen shots though of her once that was fixed.

those sl images..... what in the actual..........
Yes I am partially insane I think. :p

BTW are you really in antarctica? Also I love your picture for your avatar from the series with Germaine and Foamy the squirrel. Granted I don't want it anymore because it get to sexual for me.

Upvote 0

Serendipity..

sǝɹǝupıdıʇʎ
May 23, 2011
✟8,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you mean this type of thing.

Snapshot_001.png

That one is a bit of a superimposed SL one!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DandelionsInTheRain

You see flowers in these weeds
Aug 23, 2007
in a field of yellow flowers, underneath the sun
✟17,910.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't read everyone's posts but I would play as either gender depending on the game. Some games if you can pick their clothes and make them look cool I would rather play as a girl. One of my favorite games is sims and by far I usually choose to play as a girl (or at least creating their look is much more fun.. the guys are more boring perhaps since there is less selection or it just all looks the same to me..). For online games I like to have a girl for the same reason and sometimes have a guy character as well. In some of the games where it effects their personality then I'd just choose them based on which personality I want to play more.
In online games it's funny the perception that other players have. There is the stereotype that most gamers are guys - which is probably true for some games. So then if there is a female character sometimes they assume that the player is just a male playing a female character. Which can be amusing.

One online game I had a girl character and an old man character and another player was stalking/hitting on my girl character so I quickly switched to my old man character and they never knew what happened. :cool:

For the pokemon games and for most games I do choose to be the girl characters. In one of the old harvest moon games though I didn't like the girl character so I just played as the guy character. :D

My sims on their first date: :p
Screenshot-35_zps4569a94f.jpg

This is an example of a game where you don't have to choose and can play both at once. ^_^

When I played SWTOR I had a few male characters but ended up playing the female ones way more.

Fable 3 my character was a princess and not a prince. ^_^

Upvote 0

Serendipity..

sǝɹǝupıdıʇʎ
May 23, 2011
✟8,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't read everyone's posts but I would play as either gender depending on the game. Some games if you can pick their clothes and make them look cool I would rather play as a girl. One of my favorite games is sims and by far I usually choose to play as a girl (or at least creating their look is much more fun.. the guys are more boring perhaps since there is less selection or it just all looks the same to me..). For online games I like to have a girl for the same reason and sometimes have a guy character as well. In some of the games where it effects their personality then I'd just choose them based on which personality I want to play more.
In online games it's funny the perception that other players have. There is the stereotype that most gamers are guys - which is probably true for some games. So then if there is a female character sometimes they assume that the player is just a male playing a female character. Which can be amusing.

One online game I had a girl character and an old man character and another player was stalking/hitting on my girl character so I quickly switched to my old man character and they never knew what happened. :cool:

For the pokemon games and for most games I do choose to be the girl characters. In one of the old harvest moon games though I didn't like the girl character so I just played as the guy character. :D

My sims on their first date: :p
Screenshot-35_zps4569a94f.jpg

This is an example of a game where you don't have to choose and can play both at once. ^_^

When I played SWTOR I had a few male characters but ended up playing the female ones way more.

Fable 3 my character was a princess and not a prince. ^_^
Is that picture second life?

Upvote 0

DandelionsInTheRain

You see flowers in these weeds
Aug 23, 2007
in a field of yellow flowers, underneath the sun
✟17,910.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Serendipity.. said:
Is that picture second life?

No, it's sims 3. I've never played second life and I'm not inclined to play it. I'd probably rather play minecraft... and I've never played that either. (I've watched my brother play it though.)

Upvote 0
May 25, 2010
Visit site
✟18,018.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, it's sims 3. I've never played second life and I'm not inclined to play it. I'd probably rather play minecraft... and I've never played that either. (I've watched my brother play it though.)

Just want to say, I also play sims 3. You can get an amazing amount of custom content completely free (good hair styles and makeup as well) at TSR - The Sims Resource - Over 852,000 downloads for The Sims 3, 2 and 1

You do have to register, but you don't have to buy a subscription. If you like their Facebook every day they show some items that they have made free that day.

You can also download some amazing lots, and they come with all the custom content the creator included when making it, unless it came from the sims3 store or an expansion pack.

Upvote 0

Serendipity..

sǝɹǝupıdıʇʎ
May 23, 2011
✟8,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, it's sims 3. I've never played second life and I'm not inclined to play it.
Good, don't because you probably will get addicted like everyone else who plays it as it is very addictive and definitely corrupting unless you have good willpower.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've played as both. As long as the gameplay is good I'm not really picky about who I play as. In Uncharted multiplayer I play as both male and female characters. They all have the same attributes so it really just boils down to cosmetics and wanting to change things up. I care more about the gameplay than what gender the lead is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good, don't because you probably will get addicted like everyone else who plays it as it is very addictive and definitely corrupting unless you have good willpower.
I got tired of the simes after the first one and its 1,000,000 expansions (lol). Mainly because after I built the house of my dreams, got married, had a job...etc there wasn't much to do. So I ended up doing experiments.

Such as building a house no bigger then a car. Or putting the shower and toilet outside near the front yard. In one case people were over so I deleted the doors and windows and added a BBQ inside the house and let my no skill sim cook and use it. Didn't end well.

Some open world sandbox games never get old like minecraft. Others do like Sim. Second life is somewhere in between. Its lack of not exactly knowing know what to do drove me away. That and to many made it their real life that they prefered instead. Kind of sad and depressing. I did find an actual church in it where on sundays the church builder would come in and preach.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
An inworld meet up would be cool in some game. SL has voice chat at least. Do other games have that?

There are platform non-specific voice chat programs available that can be run in the background while you are playing games so you can chat with the other players.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Serendipity..

sǝɹǝupıdıʇʎ
May 23, 2011
✟8,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are platform non-specific voice chat programs available that can be run in the background while you are playing games so you can chat with the other players.
That's a good idea but it might detract from the authtenticity of the game chat lag. Imagine a cf game meetup though it would be cool.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's a good idea but it might detract from the authtenticity of the game chat lag. Imagine a cf game meetup though it would be cool.

I don't know. I've never really used them. Too distracting for me. I don't need more distractions

Upvote 0