May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm not the type to joyously celebrate things, but Christmas is meaningful to me. I'm quite melancholic then, and I don't mind it at all. Some quiet time with a small family, listening to O Holy Night for 10 times in a row, being lost in thought. In the end there is a kind of peace.

• Agree
Reactions: Vieste
Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
During my walk I have come to a point where I no longer celebrate Christmas or any of the mainstream holidays. I've more obviously noticed that pretty much all the Christians I cross paths with celebrate. I've found it hard to meet others who don't. I'm hoping to make friends who are more similar to me as a Christian and it's been hard. So my question is, do you?

I decided some time back to not celebrate Christmas even though some Christians defend much of the pagan practices fiercely and throw around accusations toward those who do not celebrate it.

Peace be to all those in the Body of Christ.

Remember you were called by GOD to walk with HIM and grow in Holiness.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't have a problem with Christmas. I used to be part of huge celebrations. It meant a lot. I don't think it matters that it is not the literal birthday of Jesus because people around the world are acknowledging the fact that he was born and the miracle that it was. It also is an occasion to bring families together who might not otherwise have the opportunity to gather together. The secular elements draws in people who are not Christian and gives opportunity for them to hear about Christ.

This year there isn't going to be much celebrating for me because it is only going to be me and one of my sons this years. We aren't exchanging gifts, except for a gift card that he is asking for. I have been experiencing a high level of anxiety and paranoia lately, and I have also gotten depressed recently. I haven't even pulled out my Christmas decorations yet. I'm not sure what the holiday will be like this year, but so far it hasn't been feeling great.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Advisor note - a small clean up was done to remove an accidental post.
Just saw your signature. Go Blue!

Yes, I celebrate Christmas. I enjoy the season!

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0