Do you believe that Abraham's natural descendants are God's chosen people now?

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If the Jews of today may be no more the descendants of Israel's son Judah or any of his eleven other sons than you or I, then who was Hitler gathering up during his effort to eliminate a people who didn't exist anymore?

All of this discussion is so irrelevant. Anti-semites seem to always know upon whom to focus their hate.

Imagine, stock cars jammed full of Jews departing the station for Der Fuehrer's death camps and some kook hollering, "Wait! They're no more Jewish than you or I!!"
Good point..........How come he didn't go after Muslims also, since they are also "Semites", descended from Abraham?

1Ch 1:28
The sons of Abraham were Isaac and Ishmael.

Upvote 0

CalmRon

Aug 20, 2009
Western New York
✟8,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Th
If the Jews of today may be no more the descendants of Israel's son Judah or any of his eleven other sons than you or I, then who was Hitler gathering up during his effort to eliminate a people who didn't exist anymore?

All of this discussion is so irrelevant. Anti-semites seem to always know upon whom to focus their hate.

Imagine, stock cars jammed full of Jews departing the station for Der Fuehrer's death camps and some kook hollering, "Wait! They're no more Jewish than you or I!!"
The legitimacy of their claim has nothing to do with their Identity at the time of the holocaust. The Jews are still the Jews whether they retain a special position in God's plan or not. Hitler's anti Semitism grew from the anti Semitism in Europe which grew out of a distortion of legitimate historic Christian belief that they Jews no longer have any special claim to the promises of God. It doesn't entail hating the Jews than I would hate Chinese people or African people.

Upvote 0

Philpy1976

May 3, 2013
England
✟16,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To whom was Jesus talking when He said

"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

and

"Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God."

Also, is this passage of scripture true or not true?

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him"

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship

I understand the tragedy of the Holocaust. I have met a survivor personally and saw his tattoos. I do not understand why is it that whenever anybody criticizes the spiritual legitimacy of the Jews they toss out the Holocaust card. Ethnicity isn't always genetic. Look at Hispanics. No doubt, culturally modern day jews are ethnic jews. I don't think anybody is debating that. What we are saying is that they might not be the genetic jews you read about in the bible, nor are they inheritors of God's promise[ a more important matter], as He made a new and better deal with Jesus Christ, and they don't get a free pass into heaven or God's promise to Abraham being born a jew. If anything. gentiles were added to it.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I understand the tragedy of the Holocaust. I have met a survivor personally and saw his tattoos. I do not understand why is it that whenever anybody criticizes the spiritual legitimacy of the Jews they toss out the Holocaust card. Ethnicity isn't always genetic. Look at Hispanics. No doubt, culturally modern day jews are ethnic jews. I don't think anybody is debating that. What we are saying is that they might not be the genetic jews you read about in the bible, nor are they inheritors of God's promise[ a more important matter], as He made a new and better deal with Jesus Christ, and they don't get a free pass into heaven or God's promise to Abraham being born a jew. If anything. gentiles were added to it.
It is done to shut down discussion. If one questions the legitimacy of the state of Israel today or in 1948 or any time thereafter the person questioning it is linked in some way to Nazi Germany and called antisemitic both of which are spurious associations.

Upvote 0

Mark51

Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2014
✟89,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The answer is clear if we understand an important trait of Almighty God, one that the Bible describes emphatically. God is impartial. For example, Acts 10:34 says plainly: “God is not partial.” The Bible also says that Jehovah God “treats none with partiality” and that “with Jehovah our God there is no unrighteousness or partiality.” (Deuteronomy 10:17; 2 Chronicles 19:7) God hates partiality; he even equates it with unrighteousness.

Some wonder, though, that God favored the ancient nation of Israel above other nations. God did single out the nation of Israel in Bible times, and he protected the Israelites in some of their conflicts with other nations. Additionally, the Bible says of God: “He is telling his word to Jacob, his regulations and his judicial decisions to Israel. He has not done that way to any other nation.” (Psalm 147:19, 20) But this does not suggests that God’s dealings with Israel show partiality. Consider three reasons.

First, God singled out Israel in order to benefit all nations. He made a covenant with the forefather of that nation, Abraham, saying: “By means of your seed all nations of the earth will certainly bless themselves.” (Genesis 22:17, 18) Yes, God’s purpose in dealing with Israel was to produce a “seed” that would make great blessings available, not just to the people of one nation but to people of “all nations of the earth.”

Second, God’s blessings were never limited to the people of Israel. He impartially opened the way for individuals of other nations to join with his chosen people in worshipping him. (2 Chronicles 6:32, 33) Many accepted that invitation and were blessed as a result. The Moabite woman Ruth was just one well-known example of such.-Ruth 1:3, 16.

Third, God’s special relationship with earthly Israel was temporary. In 29 C.E., Israel produced the foretold “seed” in the person of the Messiah, Jesus Christ. (Galatians 3:16) But Jesus’ countrymen rejected him as the Messiah. He said to them: “Look! Your house is abandoned to you.” (Matthew 23:38) Thereafter, God’s dealings with mankind have been separate from individual secular nations and their conflicts. Rather, he has impartially made blessings available to all mankind.

The ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ is God’s greatest gift to man. (Romans 6:23) It has provided a means of release from sin and death, giving each of us the opportunity to inherit everlasting life. This gift is for individuals “out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.” (Revelation 5:9) Yes, God wants “everyone exercising faith” in Jesus to have “everlasting life.”-John 3:16.

See Acts 10; Ephesians 3:6; 1 Peter 2:9; Revelation 5:9.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you believe that Abraham's natural descendants are God's chosen people now?

If you do what is the reason for your belief?
I say Yes they are, but they're not God's only chosen people. My reason is because God made His plans known by the prophets, and the bible follows His every word from the beginning to the end of time. Yes, God so loved the world that Jesus died for everyone but God spoke some promises through the mouths of prophets and apostles about the Children of Israel.

Paul declares from Isa 11 this end-time prophecy from the OT about the what happens to Israel after the Gentiles come into root.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

So, if God is God........
Isa 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To whom was Jesus talking when He said

"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

and

"Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God."

Also, is this passage of scripture true or not true?

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him"
I will answer your question with a question... what was the ethnicity and religious upbringing of the man who wrote the words you quote?

Upvote 0