Alabama
✟7,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tears are in my eyes while I read the posts made by people who don't believe in God...That is very sad to me because I know Satan has so many people out here fooled into believing this...He is laughing his evil head off right now...God is very much a part of my life...I feel His Holy presence in my life every minute of every day....I have a peace that passes all understanding...I do not worry about things I used to worry about before I got saved...He has given me miracles on top of miracles...2 of them being my boys...my 14 year old son was run over by a car when he was 22 months old...the car actually ran over his arm and came within inches of running over his head...at the hospital, they did x rays and if it hadn't been for the tire tracks on his little arm, the doctor would not have believed he had been run over :angel: call it what you want, but I call His name Jesus, the miracle worker :bow: my 5 year old son was born with no blood in his body...he was placed on a jet and flown to a hospital 300 miles away for an immediate blood tranfusion...My church family and I started praying and when the jet got there with him 20 minutes later, his doctor called me and told me that his heart had started pumping blood and he was not going to need a transfusion after all...You call it what you want, but that doctor and I call His name Jesus!! :bow: Jesus is awesome!! One day very soon EVERY knee WILL bow and EVERY tongue WILL confess that Jesus Christ IS Lord :bow: God Bless :prayer:

Upvote 0

Justin Horne

Jan 24, 2004
✟16,228.00
Faith
Atheist
Indeed. Good for both you and your sons (sincerely.) I get it that many people, such as yourself, have wonderful things happen to them, just like this, all the time. But at the same time, there is another kid who did get run over, and was killed. This is the point i'm making...

I also believe that people have said "One day very soon EVERY knee WILL bow and EVERY tongue WILL confess that Jesus Christ IS Lord" for thousands of years...

Upvote 0

Pattyannee

Aug 9, 2004
Visit site
✟15,270.00
Faith
Christian
God is every need fullfilled!
When I was hurting he comforted me
When I was crying he cried with me
When I was alone he became my companion

God is so much to me, but to be very honest, There is not one person here who can convince you or your friend that God is real. YOu must let God into your life to understand how real he is.

Pattyannee

Upvote 0

Arkanin

Human
Oct 13, 2003
Texas
✟7,151.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Libertarian
beacuse my friend from school who is a socia told me all religion's are fake and stuff

I have to say as an atheist, that this does not sound like a very well-informed decision for atheism. I would recommend you spend your time studying philosophy and various religions and make your own conclusions about what you think is most true or what is best for you.

Upvote 0

StainedClassKing

Formerly known as Jeremy_the_Atheist
Mar 3, 2004
Texas
✟5,759.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey i was wondering if you chirstians believe god? beacuse my friend from school who is a socia told me all religion's are fake and stuff

Your friend is right. There is no god and the claims of all religions are just a pack of lies.

Upvote 0

Surprised by joy

The Cuteness
Mar 19, 2004
✟1,437.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Justin Horne said:
Because, the main reason you believe in the god you do is because of your parents and where you were born. "The air [you] breathe?" I mean, I find it very sad that people let themselves do what you do.. a quote from the late Carl Sagen:
"The world is so exquisite, with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better, it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look Death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides."

Hm. Then, is the main reason that my parents believe in God because of their parents and where they were born? Because none of my grandparents were Christians, until my parents converted and then began witnessing to them. And are most atheists just atheists because of the current beliefs of the government that are being taught in the school systems? Please, don't make generalizations unless you can back them up with evidence; we Christians really appreciate when atheists realize that we actually CAN and sometimes even DO think for ourselves.

And pretty stories: the story of the cross is not pretty, and the story of hell isn't that pretty either; and the story of humility and relentless sacrifice of one's own desires for the "greater good" is not pretty. And while we look Death in the eye and do not fear because our journey does not end there, you look Non-existence in the eye and are grateful for your brief but magnificent life. . . .

I believe in God because of overwhelming evidence for His existence, including uncountable miracles recorded by Christians and non-Christians, and a few that I have seen with my own eyes, things that would not be possible naturally. I believe in God first, but He rewards that belief by evidence of His work in the world.

Upvote 0

HoneyComb Son

Veteran
Jan 27, 2004
✟2,902.00
Faith
Christian
I believe in God..and I am a person who wouldnt of believed in God in the frist place...far as i know..i am the few in my family that are christians..I wouldnt of believed in God..trust me..lol..i was against God..spoke against and debated against..but God had mercy and here I am..a christian..God is a good God..and Has repeativelt showed Himself to me..I pray He will show Himself to you..:)..God made me believe..I just went along with it:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.