Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For me, I don't believe in coincidences. I figure if something happens or, like you meet someone unexpectingly that you had wanted to get together w/ or something, that that is the holy spirit working in you and/or the other person and making the event (s) happen.

What do you think?

ChristianEMT

Feb 9, 2011
Eastern United States
✟7,755.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
No coincidences, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11. Coincidences means the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection, there are no accidents with the will of God. :)

Upvote 0

Lee52

Mar 11, 2011
Normal, Illinois
✟2,645.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For me, I don't believe in coincidences. I figure if something happens or, like you meet someone unexpectingly that you had wanted to get together w/ or something, that that is the holy spirit working in you and/or the other person and making the event (s) happen.

What do you think?

I believe Romans 8:28.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

There are no coincidences in the lives of Christians.

Be blessed,
Lee

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"It rains on the just and the unjust"

God created a system & put in in motion w/laws in effect (Gravity on Earth, etc)
violtate the rules get the consequences, pay attention to the rules reap the rewards. Take Food-eat too much get fat-cause & pass on genetic imperfections--
Eat healthy, Excercise maintain a healthy weight.

Free Will nets coincidences-otherwise I never go where I want, (God would have destined me to be here now, posting to you, which means He destined you to have this question & post it so I could asnwer it--Horsefeathers!

God is the origin of Order--There was a design with actions/consequences-- but you get a vote--if not then some are destined to be saved & some to hell-no choices, what's the point of that?

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I believe in co in cidences, which basically means two or more things coinciding, or happening together, in the same place, and/or at the same time.

What I don't believe in is "mere coincidence", because I don't believe there's anything "mere" about this wonderful opportunity called life, which God has given and Christ paid for with His own Precious Innocent Blood !

May The Lord Be Magnified !

wm

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you can't be a good example,
then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

-----------------------------------------------------

Or possibly an insipid case of apathetic mediocrity ?

Show the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that ye are gods: yea, do good, or do evil, that we may be dismayed, and behold it together. <-----> Isaiah 41:23

Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. <-----> Matthew 12:33

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...They have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they showed difference between the unclean and the clean,...<---> Ezekiel 22:26

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou was cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.
<-----> Revelation 3:15+16

May The Lord Be Pleased !

wm

Upvote 0

FriendlyJosh

Jan 12, 2011
✟11,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Here's what my misses asked, and I don't really have an answer

"Like...God has a plan for everyone, right? But people are also supposed to have free will, like control their own destinies, right? So how can you do both?"

"
Because if people really don't have free will, and everyone's life is just God's plan for them, it's like some people are pretty much given a ticket to Hell, because everything is planned for them."

the only thing that comes to mine for me is in the bible where Moses gives that big speech to the people before hes about the die, telling them what the Lord said to do and not to and telling them what would happen if they didn't. Then afterwards the Lord told Moses what they were gonna do in the future, yet even still he allowed them to live etc...my guess is because maybe freewill could save some of them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Seldom in these matters is it a case of "either or"...but there exists a measure of each, and they dance together in such a way that one cannot confine/define their boundaries as though they were set in stone.

Surely God's will trumps all others...yet he may will that our will has it's way.

It's lazy to try to rely on a "one size fits all" answer.

There's a myriad of unique instances, in God's rich and expansive universe.

Trying to know it all isn't the solution. Learning to trust the One Who Does Is.

Least that's what these ears have been hearing.

wm

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What do you think?

I think that there is some room for coincidences in life if brought about by human free will, although I also believe that God in His sovereignty can use all of these choices to a ultimate purpose for our life. In His word, He also declares that everything in our life will be used for our good if we love Him (which means if we are saved). God is actively involved in our lives, more so then we could ever imagine or know but we do know that He has a will for our lives...our goal is to discover this will and submit to it.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here's the reason why i originally asked the question about believing in coincidences:

About a month or 2 ago, i was looking into pet massage schools and have been praying about 2 -- 1 in Ma and 1 in Circleville, Ohio. Now, before learning about this school, i never once heard anyone mention and never even heard of Circleville, Ohio. (which is a beautiful farming community w/ beautiful countryside).

Anyways, i had been praying about both these schools and decided to fill out an application for the school in Ma bc it sounded like it had a better program and that i'd learn more, however, i just felt drawn to the one in Ohio (Prob bc i'm just in love w/ the peaceful countryside and fell in love w/ ohio 3 yrs ago when i visited there for the 1st time). Anyways, i had been praying about these schools, yet, still applied for the one in MA.

Now, 3 times in the last week, Circleville, Ohio came up w/ 3 different things. My parents were looking at an adult community here in my state and the lady who was running it, told us she was originally from circleville, ohio and how she loved/ it there -- i don't remember what the 2nd thing was, but the 3rd thing was so small -- i received my check from work and was drawn to the top right of it where i saw in small letters, circleville, ohio.

Now, i don't kno what to make of these 3 things that happened in the last week. Was it a "coincidence" or, was it God/the Holy Spirit trying to point me to going to Circleville, Ohio to go to school instead of Ma?!?!? What do you think?? I have no clue what to think and honestly just don't kno what to do. I don't kno if i should submit my application for the school in Ma or just wait. Was God speaking to me in those 3 instances or, was it just something that happened and it means nothing?!?!? and has nothing to do w/ me goin to school out in ohio?

Any ideas?!?!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lee52

Mar 11, 2011
Normal, Illinois
✟2,645.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
but what if i apply to both and both schools accept me -- then what?

THEN, you start looking at these "coincidences" and begin to seek out guidance from the Holy Spirit through prayer. His "still small voice" will then begin to guide you.

AND, realize this: God will work all things for the good of those that love Him. At that point, it is a matter of what you think will meet your overall needs, to have quality education and quality living environment.

Upvote 0