Do you believe all young children, 5yo or younger (not infants) will be saved?

Do you believe all young children, 5yo or younger (not infants) will be saved?

• Yes, it's a matter of age of accountability

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Only those that have been baptized

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Only those that have faith in Christ

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Only those that are part of a Christian family

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Only those that are of the elect.

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agree! The question is if a five year old or younger has to be baptized, have faith etc. to be saved.
That's why I emphasized we are saved by Grace. All of what you listed is by the Grace of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe I don't know what to believe when it comes to certain matters.

That's fine of course. Neither do I know what to believe in this matter. Feels like if I give it a yes there are five new questions, but also if I give it a no.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember, the question is what you believe, not what you know.
I believe if salvation has anything to do with us as the first responder, then no one who is of an immature capacity or deficient mental capacity can be saved. That is why I emphasized regardless of age or even adult mental capacity it is by the Grace of God we are saved. How God 'accomplishes' this according to His Will and Purpose we will never know this side of eternity. Because it is God Who gives the increase.
It is one of those things as we mature as Christians we realize we cannot 'control' or fathom. We naturally want to be able to answer your OP question. The best we can do is go with what God has revealed. Jesus blessed the children and told his disciples not to hinder their approach. God's plan of redemption saving us by Grace is what we have to hang on to. And that is a sure Hope.

On baptism? We would have to assume babies are just lucky to be in Christian families. That again would be the church or family making the move, when it is God Who acts first.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They can't all be true.
Take a look at what 'we do.'

Ephesians 2: NASB

1And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. 4But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Agree! The question is if a five year old or younger has to be baptized, have faith etc. to be saved.

We can definitely be confident about God's promise to us in our Baptism.

As far as unbaptized children go, I simply put my trust and hope in God and His mercy.

But, no, children don't have a salvation free-pass purely for being children. That doesn't mean children aren't saved, it's just that their salvation has nothing to do with the fact that they happen to be a certain age.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Deuteronomy He talks about Israel NOT going to see the land.. but the children that don't know yet good or evil shall. Is there a accountability age? I have not found it written. :) The Father never makes mistakes.. He is just.. and He sees what we can not. I believe is far easier to be saved than lost.. praise GOD GLORY TO JESUS!

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe they are saved once they haven’t incurred the wrath of God. Which means they went against the will of God. Only God knows when this happens for each individual. However, it’s pretty safe to say a newborn isn’t saved because God thinks babies are cute ;). They are saved because they haven’t incurred guilt i.e the wrath of God. Most would agree newborns haven’t done that.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe they are saved once they haven’t incurred the wrath of God. Which means they went against the will of God. Only God knows when this happens for each individual. However, it’s pretty safe to say a newborn isn’t saved because God thinks babies are cute. They are saved because they haven’t incurred guilt i.e the wrath of God. Most would agree newborns haven’t done that.

What might be going against the will of God for a 3 year old? Breaking any of the ten commandments? Steeling a toy from his brother?

Upvote 0