Do people today think animals are humans are created different?

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Only that's not what it says. It says nothing about God breathing into the nostrils of animals.

Yet Animals also have the "breath of life", the same breath of life that the creature Adam had. Gen 7:22 "Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died."

Therefore, the bible teaches that the creature Adam was no different from other creatures in this respect. They all have the same "breath of life".

Animals were spoke into being. Man was formed from the dust and then given God's own breath.

Gen 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,".
So were other creatures formed from the dust of the ground:

Gen 2:19
"And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air;". . .

Both the creature Adam along with other creatures were all formed from the ground. Therefore, the bible teaches that the creature Adam was no different from other creatures in this respect also.

What makes Man different from other creatures, is not what he's made of, ground/dirt/dust or the fact that he has breath and life, but that Man is the only creature made in God's image.

Stay safe and well.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What makes Man different from other creatures, is not what he's made of, ground/dirt/dust or the fact that he has breath and life, but that Man is the only creature made in God's image.
Not only that, but he alone has an eternal soul. Animals do not. Jesus did not die for animals.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so animals get eternal life because they aren`t immoral like humans then?
No, they just go back to dirt. Immortal, not immoral. Animals do all kinds of things we would consider immoral... But they don't have the capability to understand right and wrong the same way we do.

Upvote 0

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Not only that, but he alone has an eternal soul. Animals do not. Jesus did not die for animals.

Hi again renniks. Hope you are doing well.

I gave the bibles clear teaching on this to you previously but will repeat it here.

Again, even in this regard (mortality), Man has no superiority over the animals. Neither animals nor Man have nor are an immortal soul according to scripture.

The Greek word a·tha·na·siʹa is formed by the negative prefix a followed by a form of the word for “death” (thaʹna·tos). Thus, the basic meaning is “deathlessness,” and refers to the quality of life that is enjoyed, its endlessness and indestructibility. (1Co 15:53, 54, ftn; 1Ti 6:16, ftn) The Greek word a·phthar·siʹa, meaning “incorruption,” refers to that which cannot decay or be corrupted, that which is imperishable.—Ro 2:7; 1Co 15:42, 50, 53; Eph 6:24; 2Ti 1:10.

As with animal souls, human souls die too. They neither posses "deathlessness" nor are they "incorruptible" which is what immortality is.

Ezk 18:4
"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." (Not immortal or deathless) Souls die.

(BBE) "See, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so the soul of the son is mine: death will be the fate of the sinner's soul."

(Brenton) "For all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son, they are mine: the soul that sins, it shall die."

Therefore, souls are not immortal, they do not possess the inherent quality of “deathlessness” nor “incorruption”, Souls die and decay or corrupt.

Immortality is a gift given to faithful servants of God who are followers of Jesus Christ. Jesus being the first to receive this gift from God after his resurrection. That he did not possess immortality before his resurrection by God is confirmed by the apostle’s words at Romans 6:9: “Christ, now that he has been raised up from the dead, dies no more; death is master over him no more. (Now deathless now immortal) This is why, when describing him as “the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords,” at 1 Timothy 6:15,16, it distinguishes Jesus from all such other kings and lords in that he is “the one alone having immortality.”

No one then, apart from his father (obviously) had immortality before Jesus, he was the first to receive it as gift from his father Jehovah. But many of his faithful followers would receive it as a gift after him.

1 Cor 15;53 "For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality." See also 1Co 9:25; 1Pe 1:3, 4; 5:4.

If someone has to "put on immortality" they could not have had it previously could they.

Stay safe and well renniks.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If someone has to "put on immortality" they could not have had it previously could they.
This refers to the body putting on immortally, not the soul. The sinners soul does not cease to exist .. it dies spiritually. The believers soul never dies.

"We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord."

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Because only humans are immoral? I`ve just noticed this assumption a little online and did God create us differently from any other living thing since many of us are immoral?

If you do not believe and are not born again...born from above, then you are locked into the prison of evolution.

So, I would imagine that someone in this state would be an animal.

*2 Corinthians 5:17
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

**Evolving forever...

Upvote 0

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
This refers to the body putting on immortally, not the soul. The sinners soul does not cease to exist .. it dies spiritually.

Hi again renniks,

Mmm, You clearly didn't read the context.

Eze 18:4 "Look! All the souls*—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die."

(CEV) Eze 18:4
"The lives of all people belong to me—parents as well as children. Only those who sin will be put to death.

(LEB) Eze 18:4
"Look! All lives are mine. The lives of father and son alike are mine. The person sinning will die."

Eze 18:4 in context:

The "soul that sins" is the person that sins. The soul that dies is the person that dies. They are one and the same.

(KJVA) Gen 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Note: The scripture says man became a soul, it does not say he came to have a soul. Man is a soul. (Heb "nephesh" Lit: a breathing creature)

The passage goes on to explain that the soul/person who does good, will keep on living, but the soul/person who does bad will die.

Eze 18:5-13 "Suppose that a man is righteous and does what is just and right. . . Such a man is righteous and will surely keep living,’. . . But suppose that he has become father to a son who is a robber or a murderer or who does any of these other things. . . then the son will not keep living. Because of all these detestable things that he has done, he (the soul who is sinning)* will surely be put to death.

In the context, the soul/person who sins literally, will die literally, not spiritually.

*Brackets mine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi again renniks,

Mmm, You clearly didn't read the context.

Eze 18:4 "Look! All the souls*—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die."

(CEV) Eze 18:4
"The lives of all people belong to me—parents as well as children. Only those who sin will be put to death.

(LEB) Eze 18:4
"Look! All lives are mine. The lives of father and son alike are mine. The person sinning will die."

Eze 18:4 in context:

The "soul that sins" is the person that sins. The soul that dies is the person that dies. They are one and the same.

(KJVA) Gen 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Note: The scripture says man became a soul, it does not say he came to have a soul. Man is a soul. (Heb "nephesh" Lit: a breathing creature)

The passage goes on to explain that the soul/person who does good, will keep on living, but the soul/person who does bad will die.

Eze 18:5-13 "Suppose that a man is righteous and does what is just and right. . . Such a man is righteous and will surely keep living,’. . . But suppose that he has become father to a son who is a robber or a murderer or who does any of these other things. . . then the son will not keep living. Because of all these detestable things that he has done, he (the soul who is sinning)* will surely be put to death.

In the context, the soul/person who sins literally, will die literally, not spiritually.

*Brackets mine.

The context in Ezekial is that God will judge each according to his deeds. I don't see how this has anything to do with the topic, really. There's two issues at stake here, the man's soul and what man should be put to death for his deeds.
I'm not sure what you are implying unless you are saying that hell doesn't exist and the sinner's soul just ceased to be.
Yes, the sinner's soul dies spiritually but doesn't cease to exist.

7 “Woe to the world for btemptations to sin!2 cFor it is necessary that temptations come, dbut woe to the one by whom the temptation comes! 8 eAnd if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into fthe eternal fire. 9 eAnd if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the fhell3 of fire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
The context in Ezekial is that God will judge each according to his deeds.

God will judge each "Soul" according to his or her deeds. And the soul/person that is sinning will die.

Ezekiel 18:4 "the soul that is sinning, it will die"

Literally it says "put to death" Ezekiel 18:13 "will surely be put to death"

I don't see how this has anything to do with the topic, really. There's two issues at stake here, the man's soul and what man should be put to death for his deeds.
I'm not sure what you are implying unless you are saying that hell doesn't exist and the sinner's soul just ceased to be.
Yes, the sinner's soul dies spiritually but doesn't cease to exist.

The sinner/person is the "Soul".

The bible clearly teaches that each person is "A Soul". Adam was created as a soul, he was not given a soul.

(KJVA)
Gen 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Here in Genesis it says man became a soul, it does not say he came to have a soul. Adam was the soul. he wasn't given one. Man is a soul. (The hebrew word used for Soul here is "nephesh". It literally means "a breathing creature"). Any breathing creature is "A Soul".

Therefore Man is a soul, Cattle are souls, donkeys are souls, sheep and goats are souls because they are all breathing creatures. That is why the bible says at Numbers 31:28.

(DRB) Numbers 31:28 "And thou shalt separate a portion to the Lord from them that fought and were in the battle, one soul of five hundred as well of persons as of oxen and asses and sheep."

(KJV) Numbers 31:28 "And levy a tribute unto the LORD of the men of war which went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep:"

(WEB) Numbers 31:28 "Levy a tribute to Yahweh of the men of war who went out to battle:
one soul of five hundred; of the persons, of the cattle, of the donkeys, and of the flocks."

(NWT) Numbers 31:28 "As a tax for Jehovah, you should take from the soldiers who went out into the battle
one soul out of every 500, of the people, the herd, the donkeys, and the flock."

Take care and stay well renniks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God will judge each "Soul" according to his or her deeds. And the soul/person that is sinning will die.

Ezekiel 18:4 "the soul that is sinning, it will die"

Literally it says "put to death" Ezekiel 18:13 "will surely be put to death"

The sinner/person is the "Soul".

The bible clearly teaches that each person is "A Soul". Adam was created as a soul, he was not given a soul.

(KJVA)
Gen 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Here in Genesis it says man became a soul, it does not say he came to have a soul. Adam was the soul. he wasn't given one. Man is a soul. (The hebrew word used for Soul here is "nephesh". It literally means "a breathing creature"). Any breathing creature is "A Soul".

Therefore Man is a soul, Cattle are souls, donkeys are souls, sheep and goats are souls because they are all breathing creatures. That is why the bible says at Numbers 31:28.

(DRB) Numbers 31:28 "And thou shalt separate a portion to the Lord from them that fought and were in the battle, one soul of five hundred as well of persons as of oxen and asses and sheep."

(KJV) Numbers 31:28 "And levy a tribute unto the LORD of the men of war which went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep:"

(WEB) Numbers 31:28 "Levy a tribute to Yahweh of the men of war who went out to battle:
one soul of five hundred; of the persons, of the cattle, of the donkeys, and of the flocks."

(NWT) Numbers 31:28 "As a tax for Jehovah, you should take from the soldiers who went out into the battle
one soul out of every 500, of the people, the herd, the donkeys, and the flock."

Take care and stay well renniks.
Nephesh, the word that is usually translated soul, is also translated living thing. So any being with breath and blood in the Old Testament is distinguished from the plants. It has life. The Old Testament didn’t even think about plants having life because they have no breath. They had no blood in that sense. So breathing and blood-coursing things had nephesh, which is usually translated soul.

It doesn’t mean soul like we usually mean it for the human being who has a soul in the image of God.

When God created the world, the creation of man was set apart as unique from the animals on day six.

God created us in his image (Genesis 1:26–27). So the soul of man is different from the coursing of blood and the breathing of life found in animals.

When the Jesus enters history, he comes as a human being, not as an animal. And he saves humans.

Animals are unlike man in that they simply perish. There is no mention of them being in the realm of the dead — in Sheol, like humans — awaiting the new earth.

In Genesis 9, God says to Noah after the flood: “The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens and upon all that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you” (Genesis 9:2–3)

Would you eat creatures just like yourself with souls that live for eternity? Would God tell you to do that? Isn't cannibalism a terrible sin?

Solomon wrote that when we die, "the spirit will return to God who gave it" (Ecclesiastes 12:7). So at death, one's spirit returns to God, while the body on earth decays or is destroyed.

The soul of men and women depart at death.
Genesis 35:18. The passage concerns Jacob’s wife Rachel, who died giving birth to Benjamin. The verse reads, “And as her soul was departing (for she was dying),
Also Luke 16:22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. ...

What happened at death? His soul didn't cease to exist or go to sleep... it went to paradise and the Rich man's soul at death went to hell.

Upvote 0

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Nephesh, the word that is usually translated soul, is also translated living thing. So any being with breath and blood in the Old Testament is distinguished from the plants. It has life. The Old Testament didn’t even think about plants having life because they have no breath. They had no blood in that sense. So breathing and blood-coursing things had nephesh, which is usually translated soul.

Nice bit of research. :)

Exactly, every living breathing creature is a nephesh and has nephesh, (is a life and has life. And yet, "Life=Nephesh=Soul" is not some shadowy thing we possess with a consciousness of its own is it.

It doesn’t mean soul like we usually mean it for the human being who has a soul in the image of God.

No it doesn't, it means soul as the bible means it, a living breathing creature, "a soul/nephesh/life with soul/nephesh life. It means the whole person or creature along with the life that the person or creature enjoys. For example renniks, you are a soul/nephesh/life therefore you possess soul/nephesh/life.

When God created the world, the creation of man was set apart as unique from the animals on day six.

God created us in his image (Genesis 1:26–27). So the soul of man is different from the coursing of blood and the breathing of life found in animals.

That's not what you stated earlier.

Quote: rennicks> "Nephesh, the word that is usually translated soul, is also translated living thing. So any being with breath and blood in the Old Testament is distinguished from the plants."

Here you state that "any" being, that would include man. is distinguished only from plants with regards to soul/nephesh. And you were is correct. Any living thing which breaths and has blood is a soul/nephesh/life and therefore has soul/nephesh/life. There is absolutely no difference with regards the soul/nephesh/life of Man that distinguishes him from any other living breathing creature.

When the Jesus enters history, he comes as a human being, not as an animal. And he saves humans.

Jesus came as a human soul/nephesh/life not as an animal soul/nephesh/life. And as such, he poured out his human soul/life to death, and Jesus'.

Isa 53:12 "For that reason I shall deal him a portion among the many, and it will be with the mighty ones that he will apportion the spoil, due to the fact that he poured out his soul to the very death, and it was with the transgressors that he was counted in; and he himself carried the very sin of many people, and for the transgressors he proceeded to interpose."

Yes, here too we have another dead soul.

Animals are unlike man in that they simply perish. There is no mention of them being in the realm of the dead — in Sheol, like humans — awaiting the new earth.

So do very wicked humans.

Here, the Apostle Peter likens the end for wicked men as that of animals who at death, as you correctly state, perish or are destroyed.

(KJV) 2 Pet 2:12 "But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;"

2 Pet 2:12 "But these [men], like unreasoning animals born naturally to be caught and destroyed, will, in the things of which they are ignorant and speak abusively, even suffer destruction in their own [course of] destruction'"

Yes, they will go the same way as animals naturally go.

In Genesis 9, God says to Noah after the flood: “The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens and upon all that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you” (Genesis 9:2–3)Would you eat creatures just like yourself with souls that live for eternity? Would God tell you to do that? Isn't cannibalism a terrible sin?

Again, you just stated above that they don't, you stated they "perish"

Quote: rennicks>"Animals are unlike man in that they simply perish. There is no mention of them being in the realm of the dead — in Sheol, like humans — awaiting the new earth.

Plus the bible fact that all souls, human or animal, die. Animals because it the natural way of things, when they die they perish. Human because of sin. When humans die they, as you say, go to Sheol, the common grave awaiting the resurrection, unless they were extremely wicked, then they go to Gehenna, and like the animals perish or are destroyed.

And cannibalism is eating the flesh of human souls, eating the flesh of animal souls is permissible. In chapter 9 which you reference this distinction is made, we may shed the blood of animals for food or whatever, but we may not do likewise with Man.

Solomon wrote that when we die, "the spirit will return to God who gave it" (Ecclesiastes 12:7). So at death, one's spirit returns to God, while the body on earth decays or is destroyed.

I thought we were discussing "Soul" not spirit. Two different things.

Heb 4:12 "For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart."

The soul of men and women depart at death.
Genesis 35:18. The passage concerns Jacob’s wife Rachel, who died giving birth to Benjamin. The verse reads, “And as her soul was departing (for she was dying),

As you stated at the beginning, Soul/Nephesh can stand for life.

Quote: renniks> "Nephesh, the word that is usually translated soul, is also translated living thing. So any being with breath and blood in the Old Testament is distinguished from the plants. It has life."

The passage is simply saying that her "Life" was departing from her. (Soul/Nephesh/Life) one of the meanings of the original language word.

Other bible translators recognise this meaning of the word Nephesh/Soul.

(BBE) Genesis 35:18 "And in the hour when her life (nephesh/soul) went from her for death came to her, she gave the child the name Ben-oni: but his father gave him the name of Benjamin."

(LEB) Genesis 35:18 "And it happened that when her life (Nephesh/Soul) was departing (for she was dying), she called his name Ben-Oni. But his father called him Benjamin."

(TS2009) Genesis 35:18 "And it came to be, as her life (Nephesh/Soul) was going out – for she died – that she called his name Ben-Oni. But his father called him Binyamin."

Also Luke 16:22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. ...

What happened at death? His soul didn't cease to exist or go to sleep... it went to paradise and the Rich man's soul at death went to hell.

These aren't real events, they are parables, a comparison or similitude, a short, usually fictitious, narrative from which a moral or spiritual truth is drawn.

Take care renniks and stay well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here you state that "any" being, that would include man. is distinguished only from plants with regards to soul/nephesh. And you were is correct. Any living thing which breaths and has blood is a soul/nephesh/life and therefore has soul/nephesh/life. There is absolutely no difference with regards the soul/nephesh/life of Man that distinguishes him from any other living breathing creature.

But we are farther distinguished by being made in God's image. And by being the beings who Christ died for.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These aren't real events, they are parables, a comparison or similitude, a short, usually fictitious, narrative from which a moral or spiritual truth is drawn.
Lol, really? I can never take this argument seriously. You want me to believe that Jesus made up a whole fictitious after life just to make a point?
Show me another parable of Jesus that takes place in a fantasy world. He uses fictional characters set in real life situations... Also I'm not convinced that Lazarus was not a real person. In none of his other parables does Jesus use an actual name for a person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
But we are farther distinguished by being made in God's image. And by being the beings who Christ died for.

Yes correct, and as I stated earlier, the bible teaches that this is the only distinction between man and animals, we are made in God's image. This is what separates us from the animals, the capacity for spirituality and to reflect the wonderful qualities of our creator, Jehovah.

What True Spirituality Involves

At Genesis 1:27, the Bible reveals the source of our spiritual capacity: “God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.” Since Jehovah God is a spirit, this refers, not to any physical likeness, but to a resemblance based on qualities held in common. Like his Creator, the first man, Adam, could value and display such qualities as unselfish love, kindness, compassion, justice, and self-control. He was also endowed with a conscience, an inner moral sense, to guide his use of free will in harmony with God’s laws. These characteristics made him different from the animal creation and uniquely equipped him to carry out his Creator’s will.—Genesis 1:28; Romans 2:14.

FYI: https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-a-soul/

Enjoyed our discussion renniks.

You and yours keep safe and very well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0