• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Do I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit ?

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,960.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Dear friends here,

I have a question. I am a patient of Bipolar Disorder. Recently I had an experience from Mania to Depression. I felt I was abandoned by the Lord because my sins are serious enough. In 1997 when I was mad I felt I was the heavenly Father in flesh. I doubt whether I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit and lost salvation forever.

Would the blood of Jesus Christ wash all my sins away and live in my body?

Thank you very much.

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unless you're a Pharisee from the time of Christ who attributed His works to Belezebub, then no you haven't blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

Yes, the Blood of Jesus cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) praise GOD glory to Jesus...no you didn't. Who was Jesus talking to when He said that? This is one of those things that if you have to ask you didn't do it. So if you think you did something wrong repent and KNOW He did every time you repent forgives and cleanses you from all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear friends here,

I have a question. I am a patient of Bipolar Disorder. Recently I had an experience from Mania to Depression. I felt I was abandoned by the Lord because my sins are serious enough. In 1997 when I was mad I felt I was the heavenly Father in flesh. I doubt whether I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit and lost salvation forever.

Thank you very much.
Hi Yusuphhai,

I used to suffer from such thoughts myself and I can tell it's the mental illness that is causing this problem and not actual fact so try to bear that in mind. YOU HAVEN'T LOST YOUR SALVATION AND GOD HASN'T ABANDONED YOU! You are firmly in the Father's hand and are sealed by the Holy Spirit. Try not to let these thoughts overwhelm you Yusuphhai as they are from the devil and are lies.

I went through years of hell believing I had blasphemed the Holy Spirit. This is what happens when a Christian suffers from mental illness and the devil twists the truth around in your mind. Don't let these thoughts torment you Yususphhai. The best way to overcome these thoughts is try to ignore them and draw closer to God in prayer and start reading the Gospels again (Matthew, Mark, Luke & John) so you are strengthen in faith & spirit by the words of Jesus and the gospel. Be strengthened by his scriptures and by his love. Pray everyday to experience God's presence in your life and for healing, pray that you are cleansed by the blood of Christ. His sacrifice covers ALL of your sins Yusuphhai, past, present and future.

You will be alright Yusuphhai. I will pray for you now so that you get relief & healing.

God heal you, be with you, bless you, strengthen you Yusuphhai, may God's love shine in your heart and drive this evil spirit from you and leave you in peace so you can grow strong in Christ to build your house on his rock and that you will never be shaken, but will stand firm in HIS truth & righteousness, in the holy name of Jesus...........Amen!

Victor.

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand (John 10:28).

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:38-39).

*******************************************************************************************

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear friends here,

Thank you very much.
you are fine. :oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

Miao

Jun 14, 2022
NY
✟9,344.00
Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Dear friends here,

Thank you very much.
Of Course, friend! God blood will wash you again and again whenever you ask him. Lots of us are dealing with pretty much the same sin, that’s why God’s grace is new every morning. You are experiencing this because God is moding and shaping you something

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear friends here,

Thank you very much.
The cross covers all of our sins from the point that we were born to the point that we die. So God's forgiveness is available, the Holy Spirit is linked to God's ability to forgive, the bible tells us that God is faithful and just, faithfulness means He sicks by us even if fall into sin, His justice enables us to be forgiven.

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

Upvote 0