Do I have ADD or am I just a bit flighty?

U

Ukrainia

I sort of wonder if I have a mild form of ADD.

Really, anything to do with organizational skill and planning I'm aweful at. I could not plan a daily schedule to save my life, and with many things I'm very easily destracted. This negatively affected my college career and I never was able to rise to hieghts that I know I was capable of because my focus on school - even though succeeding was very important to me - was often very lacking and it sometimes seemed out of my control.

On the other hand, I read lengthy novels and books on history. Awhile back, I saw a physcologist due to some focus and grade related troubles and he initially he suggested that ADD was behind the root of my problems. But when I mentioned I'm an avid reader, he seemed to then dismiss the ADD suggestion out of hand. At the time I too had thought ADD was sort of a silly suggestion, but now I'm not too sure.

As an armchair psychologist, I'm also intrigued by various computer programs that attempt to improve working memory and therefore self control, because self control is a weekness that I want to improve on. Right now I'm signed up for Luminosity, a brain training program which I've found interesting. Apparently, many of the problems associated with ADD, like lack of self control and concentration deficit can be much improved through improving working memory through computer programs.

So, I'm wondering from you guys here two things. Do you think what I have resembles ADD? And have you tried any brain training programs and how did they work?