Do Christians desire to replace God with Jesus?

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is not a matter of "a simplified translation" versus "a translation closer to the Greek's exact meaning". It is a matter of textual variation with the Alexandrian text type having "theos" "god" and the Western, Byzantine, Caesarean and secondary Alexandrian texts, reading huios, “Son.” The latter texts translate as, "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." If the former texts are correct, then we have two Gods; the one who no man has seen and the one who was begotten.

For someone who is so cluttered with details? .... It amazes me how you will be without excuse by claiming you were too limited to know better. Keep on talking. Its all being recorded in Heaven.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Father is eternal, how can the Father die?

Where are your verses that support this theology?
That is EXACTLY why the Lord God of Israel had to leave behind Him his Deity's enabling, and solely as a man (soul) enter the body provided by Mary's "seed."

Jesus Christ is two natures in union. He is both Deity and soul. OT verses openly shows the two natures of the Lord God of Israel. The two natures are immaterial Deity in union with immaterial Soul of Jehovah. Those demanding that we reject the dual natures of Christ will come up with various reasons....
Here are some passages that openly revealed to dual nature of the Lord God of Israel that was just waiting for eyes to see what had been there all along!

(remember... Jesus said that God is "spirit." (John 4:24) Soul and spirit are both immaterial essences, but they are different from each other) The Lord's Soul is what denied His right to exist in the full power of Deity, so that AS A SOUL? He could enter the body born of Mary and make himself function just like one of us, but without sin!

Here are a few passages that contain and reveal the dual nature of the Lord Jehovah of Israel, existing in this state even before the Incarnation.

Leviticus 26:10-12

'You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the new.
Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul
will not reject you.'I will also walk among you and

be your God, and you shall be My people."

Judges 10:16

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst
and to serve Jehovah, so that his soul became impatient
because of the trouble of Israel.

Psalm 11:5

Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one,
and anyone loving violence his soul certainly hates.

Jehovah and soul are two different essences! The Lord God of Israel was a union of both in His expression!

God the Father has no soul. He is manifested as Deity alone. The Soul of God is the Father's bridge of revealing Himself to creatures possessing human souls. If the Son had no soul in union with Deity we would remain oblivious to God in many ways beyond our comprehension.

Its not the body alone that made Jesus into a man. It was having a soul, like we have souls, that truly made Him able to make Himself become as a man! The Soul of God's Son! Who was manifested as the Lord God of Israel prior to the incarnation. Now we know Him as the Lord Jesus Christ.

6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
Philippians 2:6-8​

How does someone who is only human? Make himself in human likeness? That is like saying water made itself to be wet.

Anti Trinitarians have a mental block that makes them handle God's Word with dishonesty. So be it.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For someone who is so cluttered with details? .... It amazes me how you will be without excuse by claiming you were too limited to know better. Keep on talking. Its all being recorded in Heaven.
Where did I make such a claim? Thankfully, it is all being recorded in Heaven.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is EXACTLY why the Lord God of Israel had to leave behind Him his Deity's enabling, and solely as a man (soul) enter the body provided by Mary's "seed."
Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him [Yeshua] the throne of his father David:

Luke 1:67-69 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
Blessed be the Lord God [YHWH Elohim] of Israel; for He has visited and redeemed his people,
And has raised up an horn of salvation [Yeshua] for us in the house of his servant David;

Revelation 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty [the Father] and the Lamb [the Son] are the temple of it.​

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him [Yeshua] the throne of his father David:

Luke 1:67-69 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
Blessed be the Lord God [YHWH Elohim] of Israel; for He has visited and redeemed his people,
And has raised up an horn of salvation [Yeshua] for us in the house of his servant David;

Revelation 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty [the Father] and the Lamb [the Son] are the temple of it.​

You fail to see two natures of the Lord God of Israel exist. You point to only one as to mean there is only one. While the Bible mentions two of is His full attributes. You got the bias blinders on.

Look... I have nothing better to do right now. So I am responding. You are typical, and I will never change you. You and the Jehovah Witnesses have both been controlled by the same type of power sphere that concentrates on attacking the triune quality of Elohim. . The difference between both.. Your bias and disdain is somewhat different. You have been analyzed by the powers and it shows it requires a certain "touch" to appeal to your bias and world view... So, as found on that "Broad and Wide road" of many variables of wrong choices... yours has been honed specially to appeal to your wishful kind of thinking. You consistently defy.

I realize that I will not change you. For the Word of God in your hands reminds me of a friend who is a magician. You keep pulling things out of your hat and have yourself convinced it is real. And, I am sure you see me as being the same. Please do not address that point, for I will not respond. For, I realize you have a need to have something to latch onto in order to continue.

Have a nice Day.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You fail to see two natures of the Lord God of Israel exist. You point to only one as to mean there is only one. While the Bible mentions two of is His full attributes. You got the bias blinders on.

Look... I have nothing better to do right now. So I am responding. You are typical, and I will never change you. You and the Jehovah Witnesses have both been controlled by the same type of power sphere that concentrates on attacking the triune quality of Elohim. . The difference between both.. Your bias and disdain is somewhat different. You have been analyzed by the powers and it shows it requires a certain "touch" to appeal to your bias and world view... So, as found on that "Broad and Wide road" of many variables of wrong choices... yours has been honed specially to appeal to your wishful kind of thinking. You consistently defy.

I realize that I will not change you. For the Word of God in your hands reminds me of a friend who is a magician. You keep pulling things out of your hat and have yourself convinced it is real. And, I am sure you see me as being the same. Please do not address that point, for I will not respond. For, I realize you have a need to have something to latch onto in order to continue.

Have a nice Day.
I give you Scripture with no commentary and you give me a couch session in your psychiatric ward. You make a great philosopher and psychiatrist. Now if you could just hone your Bible study skills you would be doing great.

The Bible specifically states the LORD God [YHWH Elohim] of Israel is not the Son He sent, but you insist on making Him the Son. Two natures do not equate with two different persons. You talk about the triune God, but the trinity does not state the Father and the Son are the same person in different natures or whatever strange doctrine you are presenting.

Upvote 0