Hamden
✟25,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys, I'm new here + wanted to reach out. One day, I was talking with my Muslim friend. IDK how the conversation got there but she told me that she didn't think there were many Christian guys waiting til marriage. And I didn't really have a strong reaction to it, but it got me thinking. Do you guys think there is propaganda that basically paints the picture of very few Christian guys in the US? I often find it hard to picture someone my age who is actually committed to following God. Maybe it's because of where I live? (The east coast) Any thoughts? :)

WorshipArtViolin

God's child
Jul 11, 2018
Nairobi
✟17,201.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Speaking from my over the seas perspective lol I felt the same way. The guys in church seem to be the same ones partying hard on Friday and Saturday night. But there are Christian guys out there and it just depends on who you surround yourself with. If most of the people around you are not Christians then it obviously will be hard to meet the Christians you're looking for.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm 34 and still waiting. My best friend and most of the single guys I know are waiting. There are plenty of us who wait. It's best not to make assumptions. And it's possible to meet a great guy who slipped up in the past. Doesnt mean theyre trash because they arent virgins.

Upvote 0

Seun

Jul 11, 2018
Midwest
✟34,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually now that I think about it, I do think that there are guys out there. I personally don’t think that I would find a guy that’s ready to get married at 19 lol. There are millions of guys out there, so I’m sure there’s plenty of them asking the same question.

Reactions: lovelife34
Upvote 0

WorshipArtViolin

God's child
Jul 11, 2018
Nairobi
✟17,201.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Actually now that I think about it, I do think that there are guys out there. I personally don’t think that I would find a guy that’s ready to get married at 19 lol. There are millions of guys out there, so I’m sure there’s plenty of them asking the same question.
You could find a 19 year old ready to get married but question is, are you? I thought I'd get married to my boyfriend after high school when I was 18 but as the story goes he wasn't my intended I'm 25 now and literally got into a relationship two weeks ago and it feels like we've been together forever... It's all about God's timing because only He will know if you're truly ready for a relationship or not. And definitely use those single days being the best woman God intended you to be...
Can I hear an :amen:

• Agree
Reactions: Seun
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My daughter is in her early twenties, a virgin with a zero tolerance for drinking and drugs. She says it's the same story every time, early and continuous pressure for sex. But yea they are out there, he might not be Adonis and he probably doesn't get out a lot. Our society is saturated with heavy emotive and sensual surface appeal. The best advice I ever got was someone told me, concentrate on being the right guy instead of finding the right girl.

Grace and Peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I feel like it's covered up to an extent. Satan doesn't want the world thinking there's another path, he'd rather the world think "everyones doing it". When in reality there are saints who don't and are waiting. At least that's kind of what it's like in Canada seemingly. There's so so few of us who are actually waiting, and some who say they are just say it to their parents and church folk but behind closed doors with their gf/bf it's another matter.

Lots of fornication in the church. But regardless, yes there's some of us who are waiting.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like bens take on things. it does seem better to in some sense "earn sex".
he said that sex should be part of commitment. there does seem to be a lot of mere desire for sexual pleasure in the modern world. it's a norm nowadays but I can't blame them too much. the sexual drive is such an irrational beast.

I wonder how many people are simply told "don't do it" and how many are taught actual principles and reasons why this way is better than that way? telling a teen not to do something is almost like telling them that they should.

communities such as the MGTOW seem pretty toxic when it comes to their ideas on sex. some atheist types are absolutely fine with getting sex from prostitutes. I think it's much better to treat sex as something holy and dangerous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lovelife34

Jul 12, 2018
Hamden
✟25,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like bens take on things. it does seem better to in some sense "earn sex".
he said that sex should be part of commitment. there does seem to be a lot of mere desire for sexual pleasure in the modern world. it's a norm nowadays but I can't blame them too much. the sexual drive is such an irrational beast.

I wonder how many people are simply told "don't do it" and how many are taught actual principles and reasons why this way is better than that way? telling a teen not to do something is almost like telling them that they should.

communities such as the MGTOW seem pretty toxic when it comes to their ideas on sex. some atheist types are absolutely fine with getting sex from prostitutes. I think it's much better to treat sex as something holy and dangerous.
Ugh... Ben Shapiro..... *shudders* What's the mgtow??

Upvote 0

lovelife34

Jul 12, 2018
Hamden
✟25,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I feel like it's covered up to an extent. Satan doesn't want the world thinking there's another path, he'd rather the world think "everyones doing it". When in reality there are saints who don't and are waiting. At least that's kind of what it's like in Canada seemingly. There's so so few of us who are actually waiting, and some who say they are just say it to their parents and church folk but behind closed doors with their gf/bf it's another matter.

Lots of fornication in the church. But regardless, yes there's some of us who are waiting.
Wow, it's interesting to see how it is in Canada. What's the most common faith there? I was born there but moved as an infant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ugh... Ben Shapiro..... *shudders* What's the mgtow??

haha he is highly conservative I suppose and seems like a strict jew.

mgtow = men going their own way. it's a philosophy that some are part of.

Upvote 0

lovelife34

Jul 12, 2018
Hamden
✟25,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My daughter is in her early twenties, a virgin with a zero tolerance for drinking and drugs. She says it's the same story every time, early and continuous pressure for sex. But yea they are out there, he might not be Adonis and he probably doesn't get out a lot. Our society is saturated with heavy emotive and sensual surface appeal. The best advice I ever got was someone told me, concentrate on being the right guy instead of finding the right girl.

Grace and Peace,
Mark
I agree with that piece of advice. I have no intention of finding someone anytime soon. God will let me know when it's time. Haha, he may not get out a lot!!! Why is that?

Upvote 0

lovelife34

Jul 12, 2018
Hamden
✟25,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
haha he is highly conservative I suppose and seems like a strict jew.

mgtow = men going their own way. it's a philosophy that some are part of.
It's just... his voice...and the way he shuts down college students at events. Oh wow.... I have never heard of that in my life. These men are "Christian"??

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's just... his voice...and the way he shuts down college students at events. Oh wow.... I have never heard of that in my life. These men are "Christian"??

maybe it's possible that some Christians can be MGTOW but they seem to mostly be atheist types that don't like marriage or commitment to a woman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Wow, it's interesting to see how it is in Canada. What's the most common faith there? I was born there but moved as an infant.
Hmm. Hard to say. In some places (Quebec, Newfoundland) Catholic is predominant. We have a lot of Anglican churches in some spots, a good amount of Baptist, Penecostal.
But in our culture there is a lot of "church only on the holidays" type of thing, a lot of lukewarmness, and with that comes slack views on premarital sex and other matters. A lot of people who "go to church" but rarely are the church. This is like that in many of the denominations.

Upvote 0

lovelife34

Jul 12, 2018
Hamden
✟25,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find sex to be an interesting choice for deciding on who is or is not a Christian.
LOLLOL didn't articulate myself well. I was really asking 2 things:

1) Do you think the media paints Christian guys as less devout than say Muslim guys when it comes to waiting until marriage?

2) Do you guys think the media paints a picture that there aren't many Christian guys (in the US)? And by Christian, I mean the type of guy who has an active relationship with God, who doesn't do anything without asking God for guidance, whose biggest goal in life is to serve God(etc.)

They're completely separate questions.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hey guys, I'm new here + wanted to reach out. One day, I was talking with my Muslim friend. IDK how the conversation got there but she told me that she didn't think there were many Christian guys waiting til marriage. And I didn't really have a strong reaction to it, but it got me thinking. Do you guys think there is propaganda that basically paints the picture of very few Christian guys in the US? I often find it hard to picture someone my age who is actually committed to following God. Maybe it's because of where I live? (The east coast) Any thoughts? :)
From last century, when things were not so bad as today:

Leonard Ravenhill Quotes (Author of Why Revival Tarries)
https://www.goodreads.com/.../quotes/159020.Leonard_Ravenhill‎
71 quotes from Leonard Ravenhill: 'A man who is intimate with God is not ... thing alone keeps us from complete decay in this hour - the church, the true Church.
‎Are the things you are living for ... - ‎A man who is intimate with ...
Leonard Ravenhill Quote: “I doubt if 5% of professing Christians in ...
https://quotefancy.com/quote/.../Leonard-Ravenhill-I-doubt-if-5-of- professing-Christians-in-America-are-born-again-and‎
Leonard Ravenhill Quote: “I doubt if 5% of professing Christians in America are born again-and that's true of England!”
Leonard Ravenhill Quote: “If you're going to be a true Christian, I'll ...
https://quotefancy.com/quote/.../Leonard-Ravenhill-If-you-re-going-to-be-a- true-Christian-I-ll-tell-you-one-thing-amongst‎
Leonard Ravenhill Quote: “If you're going to be a true Christian, I'll tell you one thing amongst others: it'll be a lonely life. It's a narrow way and it becomes ...
53 Leonard Ravenhill Quotes | ChristianQuotes.info
https://www.christianquotes.info/quotes-by.../leonard-ravenhill-quotes/‎
Here are some great quotes and sayings from Leonard Ravenhill. ... "The true church lives and moves and has its being in prayer." - Leonard Ravenhill.

Upvote 0

lovelife34

Jul 12, 2018
Hamden
✟25,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOLLOL didn't articulate myself well. I was really asking 2 things:

1) Do you think the media paints Christian guys as less devout than say Muslim guys when it comes to waiting until marriage?

2) Do you guys think the media paints a picture that there aren't many Christian guys (in the US)? And by Christian, I mean the type of guy who has an active relationship with God, who doesn't do anything without asking God for guidance, whose biggest goal in life is to serve God(etc.)

They're completely separate questions.
Basically, there's "levels" I don't want a level 1(guys/girls who will fornicate proudly and even talk about f-boys on social media but say they are Christians- and have decided that they will fornicate til they die) And then there's level 2- they may have done stuff before they were save/met God, but have committed to constantly working to wait til marriage to do more (where I fall) I will be honest, if a guy isn't a virgin but is committed to "living right" now, I don't care. I know some people who won't touch someone who isn't a virgin. I have realized everyone's path to God is different. We don't all grow up in church, etc.

Upvote 0

lovelife34

Jul 12, 2018
Hamden
✟25,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmm. Hard to say. In some places (Quebec, Newfoundland) Catholic is predominant. We have a lot of Anglican churches in some spots, a good amount of Baptist, Penecostal.
But in our culture there is a lot of "church only on the holidays" type of thing, a lot of lukewarmness, and with that comes slack views on premarital sex and other matters. A lot of people who "go to church" but rarely are the church. This is like that in many of the denominations.
Oh, okay. I see what you're saying. I'm curious if there's any region of the world that is "the least lukewarm"

Upvote 0