Do believe David Cameron will give us an eu referendum?

Do you believe David Cameron will give the public a vote on the eu?

• Yes

• No

• Don'T know/don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I don't believe he'll be PM in 2017.

If he is, he has to proceed with the referendum.

Regardless, we must have a referendum at some point. It will poison British politics until we do, and not having one gives the anti-EU right democratic legitimacy. They get to say they are the ones who want to represent the views of the people, whilst the rest of the political class wants to ignore those views. That is not sustainable.

We must have a referendum, but first we must educate the British public about exactly what leaving would mean, so that they are in a position to make an informed decision.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I don't believe he'll be PM in 2017.

If he is, he has to proceed with the referendum.

Regardless, we must have a referendum at some point. It will poison British politics until we do, and not having one gives the anti-EU right democratic legitimacy. They get to say they are the ones who want to represent the views of the people, whilst the rest of the political class wants to ignore those views. That is not sustainable.

We must have a referendum, but first we must educate the British public about exactly what leaving would mean, so that they are in a position to make an informed decision.
Agreed.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,233.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
He will give us a referendum saying something like "Do you like this agreement to give away more of our powers to the EU or not?".

If it's not an in-out referendum it counts for nothing. He will never give us the option to leave.
There is a little ray of hope, you still have lefthand traffic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,233.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
He will give us a referendum saying something like "Do you like this agreement to give away more of our powers to the EU or not?".

If it's not an in-out referendum it counts for nothing. He will never give us the option to leave.

It is so, that if you give your power to 9 others you are left with only one tenth. not so with influence, you can influence a 100 and still have the same influence left.
Don,t lay your hands on anyone in haste.

Upvote 0

jasonsuresh

May 19, 2013
✟15,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also don't believe he'll be PM in 2017, and I think he thinks that too because if he is, however, he has three options, all of which are a loss to him:

1) Don't hold a referendum. Not popular.

2) Hold the referendum - people vote to stay in. UKIP are still a problem/same as now.

3) Hold the referendum - people vote to leave. The UK leaves the biggest economy in the world, leaving Cameron to attempt to clear up the mess he's made.

Upvote 0

MrsBrit

Sep 18, 2013
✟8,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think he will; well I hope he does :)

I read that if we don't have a referendum and leave the EU in 2014 then after that all EU members will have to agree that we can leave. If this is true then Cameron is playing games with the promise to have a vote in 2017.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums