Sister of Faith

{Guide us to the straight path[1:6]}
Jun 1, 2011
✟8,047.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
This question may look strange but you will find the answer quiet interesting.
I will answer my own question according to the noble Qur'an.
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful:
{And We gave understanding of this to Solomon. And to each We gave judgement and knowledge. And We disposed the mountains to glorify [God] with David, and the birds also. And We were [certainly] doers [thereof]}[21:79].

{The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein proclaim His praise. And there is not a thing, but proclaims His praise; but you do not understand their glorification. Lo! He is Forbearing, Forgiving}[17:44].

{Have you not seen that God is glorified by all who are in the heavens and the earth, and the birds spreading their wings? Of each [one of them] He verily knows its prayer and its glorification; and God knows what they do}.[24:41]

{And to God prostrate whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and also their shadows in the mornings and the evenings}. [13:15]

{Or have they not observed the things which God has created, how their shadows incline to the right and to the left, prostrating to God, and [how] they are subject?}[16:48]

{And to God prostrates whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth of living creatures and the angels [also prostrate], and they are not arrogant.}[16:49]

{Have you not seen that to God prostrate whoever is in the heavens and whoever is in the earth, together with the sun and the moon, and the stars and the mountains, and the trees and the animals,..}[22:18]

So, according to those verses, The Qur'an says that everything in this universe, glorify God but no one is able to understand the nature of their glorification and prayer.
Everything includes animals, trees, mankind, shadows, the sun and the moon, heavens and earth, angles and devils; all being and everything you can think about including your lovely car, glorify God as well as prostrating to Him (willingly or unwillingly).
If your dog were barking for no reason he could be glorifying.
Most of you will say: but I have never prostrated in my life! Yes but your body cells and shadow did.
We are all in His kingdom.
Subhan Allah
I wish to elaborate but people don't like to read.

That was my answer to my question, but what is yours?

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Excluding humans, this is one of those questions I'd love to say yes to, but must concede that animals do not possess the mental capacity to recognize/worship/understand/conceptualize divinity.

But don't think that bars them from the afterlife ;)

(Just realizing now that my avatar at this time is a picture of Plucky Duck praying.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T

Tariki

Sister of Faith, your post certainly gives me pause for thought when I now hear my cat meow. I would also add, that among the Pure Land "saints", known as myokonin, there is such as the poor cobbler Saichi who, when asked "what is your joy?" replied....

This world of delusion is my joy!
It contains the seeds of relishing the Dharma (Truth)
Namu-Amida-Butsu is blooming everywhere!

(Certainly, the call for compassion can be heard, if we have the ears to hear)

Yet, in saying this, I have a mind that often seeks counterpoint, and the subject in hand made me call to mind a poem by Thomas Blackburn, called "Hospital for Defectives"....

By your unnumbered charities
A miracle disclose,
Lord of the Images, whose love
The eyelids and the rose
Takes for a language, and today
Tell to me what is said
By these men in a turnip field
And their unleavened bread.

For all things seem to figure out
The stirrings of your heart,
And two men pick the turnips up
And two men pull the cart;
And yet between the four of them
No word is ever said
Because the yeast was not put in
Which makes the human bread.
But three men stare on vacancy
And one man strokes his knees;
What is the meaning to be found
In such dark vowels as these?

Lord of the Images, whose love
The eyelid and the rose
Takes for a metaphor, today,
Beneath the warder's blows,
The unleavened man did not cry out
Or turn his face away;
Through such men in a turnip field
What is it that you say?

What say you?

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
You know, this reminds me a bit of the way people used to claim that the skylark rises in order to praise God (rather than protect its nest), or that flowers were created as a sort of decoration for us (rather than attracting pollinating insects).

All living things are manifestations of Gaia, the Earth-as-organism, and all matter is a manifestation of Existence/Reality - so in a way, every energy wave and every particle is a devotional miracle in and of itself. But not in the way of birds trying to praise Allah with their songs. That's just silly.

The best candidates for non-human spirituality on this planet would probably be our closest relatives, such as chimpanzees or bonobos; maybe elephants as well, perhaps even dolphins: I think if an animal passes the mirror test (by recognizing itself, and thus demonstrating self-awareness/sentience), there is a chance that it just *might* harbour some spiritual/philosophical/religious thoughts.
But I think no great degree of spirituality has been demonstrated in non-human species so far.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Yes, animals can.. I had a dog that rested on the shabbat, .. wouldn't even chase cars that day.

Your dog was jewish? I hope you circumcised it, lest the LORD grew angry and slew it, as He almost did with Moses's sons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sister of Faith

Jun 1, 2011
✟8,047.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Humans are an Animal, so Yes Animals worship God.

Do animals worship God? Sure
Are Humans animals? Absolutely not, I am the granddaughter of Adam (peace be upon him) and he was a Man created in the fairest stature.
Alhamdulillah.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do animals worship God? Sure
Are Humans animals? Absolutely not, I am the granddaughter of Adam (peace be upon him) and he was a Man created in the fairest stature.
Alhamdulillah.

So if you're not an Animal, are you a vegetable or mineral, or maybe a fungus?

Definition said:
Animals are a major group of multicellular, eukaryotic organisms of the kingdom Animalia or Metazoa. Their body plan eventually becomes fixed as they develop, although some undergo a process of metamorphosis later on in their life. Most animals are motile, meaning they can move spontaneously and independently. All animals are also heterotrophs, meaning they must ingest other organisms or their products for sustenance.

Do you honestly claim you don't fit that description ?

Upvote 0

Sister of Faith

Jun 1, 2011
✟8,047.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Excluding humans, this is one of those questions I'd love to say yes to, but must concede that animals do not possess the mental capacity to recognize/worship/understand/conceptualize divinity.

But don't think that bars them from the afterlife ;)
Actually animals are not going to be accounted for their acts, because they have no minds and cannot distinguish between right and wrong. So for animal, no reward, no punishment, no heaven no hell. Good news ;)

Upvote 0