Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldwide Epiphany

May 28, 2005
✟327.00
Faith
Anglican
IMHO animals know and have always known Jesus as their Creator. (Psalm 150:6..."let everything that hath breath praise the Lord..." Rev. 5:13 "And every creature which is in heaven and on earth and under the earth and such that are in the sea and all that are in them I heard saying, Blessing and honour and glory and power be to Him that sitteth upon the throne and to the Lamb forever and ever..." To me, if animals praise God, surely they know Him and they must have souls.)....let heaven and nature sing....
Do they know Him as their redeemer?
Counterpoint to something mentioned earlier in this thread, I believe they do not need to know Christ for their spiritual redemption in the same sense as humanity because after all, THEY didn't sin against God, we did. Again, I think they have always known Him.
Animals are not vain, they are not vengeful, they do not cheat, they do not lie, they do not judge, they do not curse, they do not lust, they do not boast, they are not prideful, they are not lovers of money, they do not worship idols, they do not hate, they are grateful for every new day - every moment, no matter what their condition may be.....(etc.)....Can the same be said of man?

Consider also the following poem by Katherine Lee Bates (who also penned America The Beautiful) written about her collie after he had died. She examines the very question this thread poses.

Lowly the soul that waits
At the white, celestial gates,
A threshold soul to greet
Beloved feet.

Down the streets that are beams of sun
Cherubim children run;
They welcome it from the wall;
Their voices call.

But the Warder saith: "Nay, this
Is the City of Holy Bliss.
What claim canst thou make good
To Angelhood?"

"Joy," answereth it from eyes
That are amber ecstasies,
Listening, alert, elate,
Before the gate.

Oh, how the frolic feet
On lonely memory beat!
What rapture in a run
'Twixt snow and sun!

"Nay, brother of the sod,
What part hast thou in God?
What spirit art thou of?"
It answers: "Love,"

Lifting its head, no less
Cajoling a caress,
Our winsome collie wraith,
Than in glad faith

The door will open wide,
Or kind voice bid: "Abide,
A threshold soul to greet
The longed-for feet."

Ah, Keeper of the Portal,
If Love be not immortal,
If Joy be not divine,
What prayer is mine?

Upvote 0

flaglady

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2005
✟64,796.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
I have had several animated debates about this with my cell leader (he's in his seventies). He says categorically not as God says that it is man who was created in His image and man who Christ came to save. I argue that animals are, by their very nature, supremely innocent and therefore do not require salvation.

I also feel that we do not know what image God is, after all, "with God, nothing is impossible".

I also feel that God would never create anything as beautiful as, for instance a tiger or a horse, and not want to 'own' His creation.

Remember Isaiah 11:

4 He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;
with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.

5 Righteousness will be his belt
and faithfulness the sash around his waist.

6 The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling together;
and a little child will lead them.

7 The cow will feed the bear,
their young will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.

This, to me, describes heaven.

Upvote 0

The Blue Stare

It's on like Donkey Kong
Jul 3, 2005
✟15,819.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if they do or not. My doubtful and pessimistic mind says no, the tiny ray of hope I have left in my heart says yes, but I trust neither one.

I lost my ferret two years ago to constant seizures, that was probably the saddest thing I've ever experienced. In fact I'm crying again as I type this. I don't know what God has done with him, I can only pray he's with God now where he never has to go through that again or fall on his own neck every time he tries to take a step.

Though praying about it isn't going to change whatever happened. I wish God would've told us straght out...

Upvote 0

Artos

Veteran
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,522.00
Faith
Methodist
1 It wont be a heaven without animals.

2 I once asked a well known Methodist theologian the very question. His reply was:
"Why of course. They will be at the place where the lion lies down with the lamb...outside the city gates...."

3 I believe in Rom 8- re creation struggling to regain its voice to praise God....In the new heaven and the new earth, there will be a restoration of that which has been lost.

In Eugene Peterson's THE MESSAGE, it says:
He (Christ) was supreme in the beginning and - leading the resurrection parade- He is supreme in the end. From beginning to end He's there, towering far above everything, everyone. So spacious is He, so roomy, that everything of God finds its proper place in him without crowding. Not only that, but all the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe- people and things, animals and atoms- get property fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of His death, His blood that poured down from the Cross..." (Colossians)

4. Psalm 36:6b says "You save both humans and animals, O Lord"

Salvation isnt only of humans but the whole of God's creation.
God is bigger than we all think!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Panther_Shadow83

May 21, 2005
✟15,424.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Of Course they do.God gave St Francis,St Martin de Porres,Padre Pio,etc the graces to save,talk,intergrate with His animals.And above all God created something so innocent and beautiful in animals,of course He brings them home to him....

beautifully said.

i believe they do... if they didnt, why would Gos bother to have Noah save two of every kind? (can u imagine living on a boat with two of every kind of animal? awesome... o_O)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.