✟83,577.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, there is the eternal consequence, Romans 6:

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
You sin; you died eternally. What about temporal consequences? If I sin will somebody I love die or get some deadly disease because of me?

When a mother uses opioids during pregnancy, her baby could be born with opioid addiction and suffer withdrawal symptoms. When a father gets drunk daily, his kids will suffer the consequences of a drunken father, physical abuse, insecurity, etc.

What if I repent and I'm truly sorry for everything, will I still get consequences?

If one repents and believes, then he no longer will suffer the eternal consequence. The temporal consequences will improve as well.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Can we qualify that … even though the scripture you quoted does make the distinction … But for anyone new… it might not be clear.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of THE sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Although the KJ does not include THE article before “sin” the Greek text does…..which is reverting back to THE sin of Adam that brought death upon all of us. But for us who accepted the gift of Gods grace we are no longer subject to that as born again believers.

Rom _5:12 below ↓ is the KJV. ….The capitalized articles I have added are in the Greek ….but were not brought into English due to awkward reading …. In part because ….one of the translators goals when bringing it into English was to use various different (related) words in translation, so making it readable for youth as a teaching tool. Because the Bible was one of the most read book in classrooms at the time …..obviously that has changed.

[>>> The point of the article…. calls attention with special emphasis to a designated object. Its function is to point out an object or draw attention to it….. It is used with a word that makes the word stand out distinctly. Whenever the Greeks used “the” article, it points out individual identity…. and it marks a specific object of thought <<<]

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man THE sin entered into the world, and THE death by THE sin; and so THE death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

To me there are two consequences to sin… One is broken fellowship (which does not and cannot not affect ones Sonship)…. The other is the condemnation that the individual may enlist because of sin. The problem with condemnation is that it compounds the sin…. as it calls God a liar when He tells us there is NO down judgment to those in Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1).

When we sin … just thank God for forgiveness …and move on …don’t wallow in condemnation.

Upvote 0