Divinity/Theology Students

TheTempleTeam

Summer Of Love!
Apr 22, 2004
Aberdeen University, Scotland
✟17,358.00
Faith
Christian
Hey Guys, does anyone else struggle with being a Christian and listening to 'Christian Theologians' totally destroy Doctrines firmly based in Scripture, for logic's sake, so that they will be accepted by the Gnostic/Atheist philosophy crowd?! Is anyone else sick of watching the Church limit itself time after time after time? I really find it hard!

oworm

Veteran
Nov 24, 2003
United States
Visit site
✟12,171.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
TheTempleTeam said:
Barth, Leibniz, Haldane... I could go on... there's three off the top of my head.

Actually Barth "Came good" .I think he underwent an evangelical conversion. When asked by a student what his most profound discovery had been, he replied; "Jesus loves me,this i know,for the bible tells me so".

Reading liberal and/or non evangelical theology isnt such a bad thing.It equips you and helps you to think through what you do believe.

Upvote 0

yashualover

Veteran
Nov 12, 2007
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟17,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Guys, does anyone else struggle with being a Christian and listening to 'Christian Theologians' totally destroy Doctrines firmly based in Scripture, for logic's sake, so that they will be accepted by the Gnostic/Atheist philosophy crowd?! Is anyone else sick of watching the Church limit itself time after time after time? I really find it hard!
Yes, its called the disease of Aminianism, this disease has flooded over most of the globe.

http://www.pbministries.org/articles/Toplady/Arminianism.htm

Upvote 0
S

SpiritualAntiseptic

I find it interesting, actually. Bad theologians are useful in identifying where someone is (wrongly) coming from.

Upvote 0