The Wild West
✟476,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That was great. Thanks for sharing. I've also been reading Jordan Cooper's book titled Liturgical Worship: A Lutheran Introduction and it's been great, especially for someone new to liturgical services like myself.

If you like that, noted liturgiologist Paul Bradshaw took a much deeper dive into Lutheran liturgics. He is the coauthor or coeditor of such highlights of my liturgical library as Essays on Early Eastern Eucharistic Prayers and many others.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

CurtUtter

Mar 18, 2024
Towanda
✟2,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟567,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I have many colleagues who schedule an "Instructed Eucharist" once a year. I hate that and have never had the desire to do it. There are several reasons: 1) it takes more than one week to cover this topic thoroughly 2) you don't know until 4 minutes after the service starts who is going to be there 3) it is generally horrendously boring, if done competently, and most people check out after the first 10 minutes because they don't care.

That's not to say it's not an important subject: it is. Better for a Sunday school or small group format though. Then you are more likely to get the group that is truly interested or at least willing to listen. You can break it up into manageable portions and be thorough. Also, there's more in the service book than the Communion service.

Upvote 0