Displaying a new black outreach tactic in the Bronx, Donald Trump is joined on stage by two rapping Crips indicted for murder

Hans Blaster

Brain in skull
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟316,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟638,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You seem to think the fans and the politicians normally have some sort of self-dependency relationship (we disagree).
In actuality I responded to "Trump and his supporters have each other for mutual support. They very clearly both need the otother.".

That exact wording, rather than what you're twisting it into, is what I said is usually the relationship between candidates and their voters.

A candidate and his voters have each other for mutual support. He promises to provide them with what they need from him, and he gets the votes he needs from them. They need him to represent them well, and he needs their support. That's the way it goes in elections.

Now if @GoldenBoy89 had said "self-dependency" (which I suppose means co-dependency) you might have a viable rebuttal. But he didn't say that, you did.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Brain in skull
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟316,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In actuality I responded to "Trump and his supporters have each other for mutual support. They very clearly both need the otother.".

That exact wording, rather than what you're twisting it into, is what I said is usually the relationship between candidates and their voters.
I know that's what you wrote. I was giving my interpretation of it in my first comment on it.
A candidate and his voters have each other for mutual support. He promises to provide them with what they need from him, and he gets the votes he needs from them. They need him to represent them well, and he needs their support. That's the way it goes in elections.
Which is nuts. That was my point. To the ultra-Trump fans in the words of William Shatner to the Trekkies: "Get a life."
Now if @GoldenBoy89 had said "self-dependency" (which I suppose means co-dependency) you might have a viable rebuttal. But he didn't say that, you did.
That's the problem, they aren't exhibiting self-dependency, but co-dependency would be a reasonable way to describe it.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟638,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know that's what you wrote. I was giving my interpretation of it in my first comment on it.
You "interpreted" incorrectly.
Which is nuts. That was my point. To the ultra-Trump fans in the words of William Shatner to the Trekkies: "Get a life."
No what I wrote is the typical relationship between a candidate and voters. You can come up with whatever interpretation you want, but don't attribute it to me. That's arguing in bad faith.
That's the problem, they aren't exhibiting self-dependency, but co-dependency would be a reasonable way to describe it.
Self-dependency means not needing anyone else. Whereas @GoldenBoy89 said they needed each other, which us the opposite of self-dependency. But it doesn't equal co-dependency.

The left needing Trump being more popular than Biden to mean there's something wrong going on, is what's called a coping mechanism. They can no longer deny that Biden is increasingly unpopular, so they have to try turning popularity into being a negative.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Brain in skull
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟316,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You "interpreted" incorrectly.
OK. Sure.
No what I wrote is the typical relationship between a candidate and voters. You can come up with whatever interpretation you want, but don't attribute it to me. That's arguing in bad faith.
Is it? I've never seen before. It seems rather unhealthy.
Self-dependency means not needing anyone else. Whereas @GoldenBoy89 said they needed each other, which us the opposite of self-dependency. But it doesn't equal co-dependency.
Correct self-dependency and co-dependency are different. The Red Hat crowd + Trump are exhibiting co-dependency. (I'd never thought of it that way, but its really obvious in retrospect.)
The left needing Trump being more popular than Biden to mean there's something wrong going on, is what's called a coping mechanism. They can no longer deny that Biden is increasingly unpopular, so they have to try turning popularity into being a negative.
I don't need that or want it. I'd like Trump to be the unpopular prisoner. I think Trump is social poison to our society. I'd like him to be as unpopular as possible. Right now. (If only he'd get responses like those of the Libertarian Party convention more often.)

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟638,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK. Sure.

Is it? I've never seen before. It seems rather unhealthy.
Explain why, and stick to what I actually said, instead of twisting it.
Correct self-dependency and co-dependency are different. The Red Hat crowd + Trump are exhibiting co-dependency. (I'd never thought of it that way, but its really obvious in retrospect.)
That's what you were saying the whole time, you just used the opposite term for what you meant. And on top of that tried to misattribute it to what actually I said.
I don't need that or want it.
I said the left, not you.
I'd like Trump to be the unpopular prisoner. I think Trump is social poison to our society. I'd like him to be as unpopular as possible. Right now. (If only he'd get responses like those of the Libertarian Party convention more often.)
Sounds like you're as unhappy as the left in general with how things are panning out. The problem is the left has gotten so weird in the opinion of many, they'll vote for Trump not because they like him so much, but because they consider him a salvo in squashing that weirdness.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟158,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
A lot of the support Trump is getting is probably a matter of more and more people becoming anti-left.
If decibels could vote Trump’d be a shoo-in.

Last edited:
Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟158,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
…no it isn’t. You’ve described political-codependency, if my guy loses, I know that in another four years we’ll just do it all over again, with two more really poor choices and go from there.

If my guy wins, I’m confident that my neighbors will have the very same outlook and won’t feel the need to have their guy “win” by any means necessary. They’re cool like that.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟638,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
…no it isn’t. You’ve described political-codependency, if my guy loses, I know that in another four years we’ll just do it all over again, with two more really poor choices and go from there.

If my guy wins, I’m confident that my neighbors will have the very same outlook and won’t feel the need to have their guy “win” by any means necessary. They’re cool like that.
That's called putting your words into someone's mouth.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟158,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe the enthusiastic support Trump is receiving a result of others showing so much hatred towards him.
Oh…well, that’s different. I try to make sure that I keep my ambiguousity to a minimum, but that’s me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟638,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh…well, that’s different. I try to make sure that I keep my ambiguousity to a minimum, but that’s me.
Perhaps if you had applied more logic, you would've have seen less ambiguity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Brain in skull
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟316,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's what you were saying the whole time, you just used the opposite term for what you meant.
Yes, I made an error and wrote the wrong term.
And on top of that tried to misattribute it to what actually I said.

@GoldenBoy89 wrote:

"I’m glad both Trump and his supporters have each other for mutual support. They very clearly both need the otother."

You responded:
That's usually the relationship between candidates and their voters.

To which my original response was:
Good grief. They are just politicians. Vote for them or not. They are not your pals or friends or family.

My "self-dependency" error came later. I clearly disagreed with your claim that the Trump-MAGA relationship was normal.

Good grief.

Upvote 0