Discrimination

athrun5

Apr 10, 2013
✟10,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got a problem it has been going on for a while but I am tired of moving from one church to another whenever this happens even though there is alot of them around. Anyways my problem is that my church is discriminating against my mother for the fact that she is divorced but there is no reason for it.

15 years ago she was married to an abusive person who beat her, raped her, cheated on her, beat her 4 children and lastly tried to kill all of them. Thanks to god for every moment since he kept poisonous water snakes from attacking us to death and from forced mountain climbing with little protective gear. Last but not least also made our car blow up before it was suppose to has it had chemicals in the car to blow it up on start up. anyways she had the option to leave but she couldn't leave the children with that man so she stayed and by gods love for her and us as well as her love for us over her own well being. We all made it out alive, not fully intact but alive.

anyways even though she risked going to jail for our well being and was saved by god at the last second because she refused to tell the courts where she hid us. She was hated by almost every church because in there eyes he was a great man and when they found out he was evil they still mistreated us because we were his children.

Long story short my new church that we went to is called the grunthal bergthaler and I like how they do things and they work really well together but even though they know this above I said more or less. They call her a jezebel and said she has no right being here and no right singing in choir. Its not like it was the preacher who said these things or a elder/decon but someone with high ties with alot of people in it and so what I am asking is. Is there anything I can do to stop this abuse instead of going to new church all the time and if so who should I talk to and what should I say? Because something in me just says you got to do something because this is just not right.

korvus

[Luna] Christ-loving heretic
Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I guess you can be glad that you have us to vent to ;)

It sounds truly horrible of what that 'church' is doing, and I suggest that if it gets too out of hand, you should tell them the entire back story and criticize them in every way why the are being WRONG in a carefully planned out manner. Just be careful with the timing and the extent of which you criticize.

If none of that works, then leave the church and tell your irl friends about what happened if you didn't already.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I got a problem it has been going on for a while but I am tired of moving from one church to another whenever this happens even though there is alot of them around. Anyways my problem is that my church is discriminating against my mother for the fact that she is divorced but there is no reason for it.

15 years ago she was married to an abusive person who beat her, raped her, cheated on her, beat her 4 children and lastly tried to kill all of them. Thanks to god for every moment since he kept poisonous water snakes from attacking us to death and from forced mountain climbing with little protective gear. Last but not least also made our car blow up before it was suppose to has it had chemicals in the car to blow it up on start up. anyways she had the option to leave but she couldn't leave the children with that man so she stayed and by gods love for her and us as well as her love for us over her own well being. We all made it out alive, not fully intact but alive.

anyways even though she risked going to jail for our well being and was saved by god at the last second because she refused to tell the courts where she hid us. She was hated by almost every church because in there eyes he was a great man and when they found out he was evil they still mistreated us because we were his children.

Long story short my new church that we went to is called the grunthal bergthaler and I like how they do things and they work really well together but even though they know this above I said more or less. They call her a jezebel and said she has no right being here and no right singing in choir. Its not like it was the preacher who said these things or a elder/decon but someone with high ties with alot of people in it and so what I am asking is. Is there anything I can do to stop this abuse instead of going to new church all the time and if so who should I talk to and what should I say? Because something in me just says you got to do something because this is just not right.
Did all this get resolved ?

Upvote 0