✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Discipleship: Following Jesus Forum Statement of Purpose

The Discipleship: Following Jesus forum is a place for members to discuss what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ, and to encourage and help one another be His disciples. Christian discipleship is the process by which disciples (followers of Christ) grow in the Lord Jesus Christ and are equipped by the Holy Spirit to become more and more Christlike. Disciples are apprentices of Jesus, they look to Him, listen to Him, obey Him, pray with Him, and trust in Him. Disciples give up their old selves (death to self) in order to embrace and become the person Christ has created them to be. Discipleship is hard work, it is hard because we must let God mold and shape us, we must surrender our will to God's will, and we must put Jesus Christ above everything and everyone else in our life. "But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." (Galations 6:14).

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 16:24-25)

“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)

Any discussions about Scripture and Christian theology should be done in a spirit of love and humility, exhibiting mutual respect and grace towards one another, with the goal of increasing spiritual insight and knowledge with the Holy Spirit's guidance. Discussions should not turn into a heated debate. Members who participate in this forum are not here to win an argument or prove a point, they are here to learn from one another and grow spiritually. We would like this forum to remain a safe place where Christian members from all denominations can learn more about being a disciple of Christ and following Him.

Specific denominational or faith group beliefs that are related to Christian discipleship (i.e. Lordship Salvation, Second blessing of Grace, Christian Perfection, Divinization, Theosis, etc.) should be discussed in their appropriate Congregational group forums. This forum is focused on learning to be disciples of Christ and helping others on the same journey. The purpose of this forum is not to debate whether or not Christians can become sinless (perfect), divine, or completely in union with God; nor whether or not someone is truly a Christian if they are not a disciple of Jesus.

If you feel that a post may violate the rules of this SoP, or the sitewide rules, please report the post rather than responding to it. If you have issues with another member and can't work it out, or are disgruntled about a staff decision, please click on the "Support" tab in the header navigation bar, or "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, and open a new support ticket to discuss the situation with a CF Administrator. Discussion of members or staff actions in the forums is considered disruptive and can result in additional staff actions.

CF staff reserves the right to edit, remove, move or close any thread when deemed necessary. Please remember that controversial (unorthodox) Christian theology is not allowed in this forum. All posts must adhere to the Christian Forums sitewide rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.