Disciples of Jesus the Christ.(True)

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Luke, Chapter 14, 026: If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke, Chapter 14, 027: And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Luke, Chapter 14, 033: So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

(To be cont.)

banish'd

Shekinah Glory
Feb 6, 2010
San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello Samuel,

I talked to you before and I don't think you are new, nor do we agree on grace.

Anyway, the New Testament is about the saving grace of Jesus Christ, so we must put those verses relation to the main theme of the New Testament. Picking out a phrase here and there will distort the real meaning.

In other words, in Matthew 5:27-30 the writer did not really mean that we should pluck out our eye when we lust after a beautiful woman. What the writer was say is that it's impossible not to lust after a woman, so we need the saving grace of Jesus Christ. We are justified by our faith in Jesus Christ, not by our ability to look at beautiful women with a clean spirit. Not that we shouldn't try not to lust, and only God knows how hard we try. Some men have stronger testosterone hormones, so only God can judge how hard they try.

That's my take.

Upvote 0

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hello Samuel,

I talked to you before and I don't think you are new, nor do we agree on grace.

Anyway, the New Testament is about the saving grace of Jesus Christ, so we must put those verses relation to the main theme of the New Testament. Picking out a phrase here and there will distort the real meaning.

In other words, in Matthew 5:27-30 the writer did not really mean that we should pluck out our eye when we lust after a beautiful woman. What the writer was say is that it's impossible not to lust after a woman, so we need the saving grace of Jesus Christ. We are justified by our faith in Jesus Christ, not by our ability to look at beautiful women with a clean spirit. Not that we shouldn't try not to lust, and only God knows how hard we try. Some men have stronger testosterone hormones, so only God can judge how hard they try.

That's my take.

Ahhhh come on Adam, God doesn't really expect us to die if we eat from this tree.

See I ate it and I ain't dead.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ahhhh come on Adam, God doesn't really expect us to die if we eat from this tree.

The theme of the entire bible is Jesus just to point out. What you have just referred to is the cunning way the devil deceives.

Question - What is the wages of sin?
Answer - Death.

The devil knows that if Adam and Even sinned they would die because that is the wages of sin but the devil also knew the would not die immediately. What Adam had before he ate was everlasting life. What he had after he ate was certain death. The devil simply takes most of God's words and gives it a little twist and presents it as truth and deceives the majority of the world just as he did to Adam.

But to answer the original issue, the text is simply talking about those who put these things above God and allows these things to influence them more than the Holy Spirit would. Let me just share this scripture to show a comparison.

Rev 12:11

(BBE) And they overcame him through the blood of the Lamb and the word of their witness; and loving not their lives they freely gave themselves up to death.
(KJV) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Now is Rev 12:11 saying that these people hated their lives. To love not is to hate. So again these people here who are disciples hated their lives correct? No. All it is saying is that they loved God more than their own lives so to die for God is much better than to live for Satan. This is the same way we must understand what Jesus said in Luke. A disciple of God must prefer God over their mother and father and their own life. It is either you believe that or the bible is a book which just contradicts itself and therefore cannot be trusted because the 5th commandment says to honour father and mother. What do you think?

Upvote 0

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The theme of the entire bible is Jesus just to point out. What you have just referred to is the cunning way the devil deceives.

Question - What is the wages of sin?
Answer - Death.

The devil knows that if Adam and Even sinned they would die because that is the wages of sin but the devil also knew the would not die immediately. What Adam had before he ate was everlasting life. What he had after he ate was certain death. The devil simply takes most of God's words and gives it a little twist and presents it as truth and deceives the majority of the world just as he did to Adam.

But to answer the original issue, the text is simply talking about those who put these things above God and allows these things to influence them more than the Holy Spirit would. Let me just share this scripture to show a comparison.

Rev 12:11

(BBE) And they overcame him through the blood of the Lamb and the word of their witness; and loving not their lives they freely gave themselves up to death.
(KJV) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Now is Rev 12:11 saying that these people hated their lives. To love not is to hate. So again these people here who are disciples hated their lives correct? No. All it is saying is that they loved God more than their own lives so to die for God is much better than to live for Satan. This is the same way we must understand what Jesus said in Luke. A disciple of God must prefer God over their mother and father and their own life. It is either you believe that or the bible is a book which just contradicts itself and therefore cannot be trusted because the 5th commandment says to honour father and mother. What do you think?

Upvote 0

Samuel Coleridge

Jun 29, 2010
✟720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It would be great if i understood your point.

If you give me your word that you will not dispute or make any accusations or question my explanation of my statement or insinuate in any way with your words to me or anyone else on this forum, that I am a deceiver or from the devil or anything that is evil, even if you believe it or think that anything I say to you is a lie, then I will teach you the Wisdom of my Words. If you can agree to this and honor it with your actions, then I will teach you, if not then I have no time for it. I do not want to have a conversation with you or anyone else , if you speak anything evil to me or call me or insinuate anything evil to me or about me or make any accusations about me for what I say.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello PROPHECYKID,

I know where you are coming from, because I used to be there. I now believe that we are justified by our faith in Jesus Christ. (Period!) When we rely on the law we are back-sliding.

Well relying on the law for justification never could work. It don't mean however we should be lawless individuals. God still expects us to bear fruits because of the fact that we are justified.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

banish'd

Shekinah Glory
Feb 6, 2010
San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I like this Bible Verse, becasue it's not forom some self-help book on positive thinking:

"For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:17)

The Bible says that we are to reign in life through Jesus Christ by receiving two things from Him: The abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness.

Upvote 0